The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Bet odds for the Money in the Bank Ladder Matches (contains spoiler)

+9
kamikaze
Kay Fabe
Samo
Bluebird_ccfc
poc.sco
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
Bull
BD21
13 posters

Go down

Sky Bet odds for the Money in the Bank Ladder Matches (contains spoiler) Empty Sky Bet odds for the Money in the Bank Ladder Matches (contains spoiler)

Post by BD21 Sat 13 Jul 2013, 10:41 am

These are the current odds being offered by Sky Bet for the 2 Money in the Bank Ladder Matches this Sunday:

World Heavyweight Championship Briefcase:

Damien Sandow 8/15
Wade Barrett 11/4
Antonio Cesaro 9/1
Dean Ambrose 10/1
Cody Rhodes 20/1
Fandango 25/1
Jack Swagger 40/1

WWE Championship Briefcase:

Randy Orton 4/11
Daniel Bryan 11/4
CM Punk 16/1
Rob Van Dam 16/1
Sheamus 16/1
Christian 50/1

Thoughts? There's a couple of suprises for me. Would have thought Bryan would have been odds on favourite and I'm tempted by the price Ambrose is. Didn't think he'd be that high.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Sky Bet odds for the Money in the Bank Ladder Matches (contains spoiler) Empty Re: Sky Bet odds for the Money in the Bank Ladder Matches (contains spoiler)

Post by BD21 Sat 13 Jul 2013, 10:45 am

I've just had £5 on D.Bry and got a £5 free bet in return so had that on Ambrose.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Sky Bet odds for the Money in the Bank Ladder Matches (contains spoiler) Empty Re: Sky Bet odds for the Money in the Bank Ladder Matches (contains spoiler)

Post by Bull Sat 13 Jul 2013, 10:46 am

You Sir have a gambling problem

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 11:06 am

Wade Barrett will win his I reckon, he was due a huge push before his injury so I reckon this will kick start it again

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 13 Jul 2013, 1:31 pm

What have I missed in the past few weeks that makes Sandow such a huge favourite?!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 13 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

How on earth is Sandow so high Laugh 

9/1 for Cessaro, now that is very tempting to stick a little £5 on.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by poc.sco Sat 13 Jul 2013, 9:29 pm

stick by my predictions on a thread on here before the participants announced, Ambrose & Orton. Not a bad double!

poc.sco

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:29 am

Why are there 6 and 7 entrants in each match? I always thought each match had 8 guys involved? Is Christian REALLY in the WWE match?
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

11/4 for Daniel Bryan is printing money.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm

Bryan & Ambrose double sounds enticing, might stick a wee fiver on that and if I get a free bet stick that on Fandango...dunno why but ive got a sneaky feeling for that dancing Nancy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 6:18 pm

Can you even double up on skybet?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 6:27 pm

I just noticed Jericho is 8/1 thats tempting, as ridiculous as Y2J is at putting over talent ive got this sneaky suspicion that Ryback will tap too the Lion Tamer, there's no real basis to my logic but from their feud its too me anyway almost felt like Jericho is trying to awaken the monster in Ryback, mo doubt I'll be xompletely wrong but I can at the moment see him tapping then Jericho rebuilding him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by kamikaze Sun 14 Jul 2013, 6:45 pm

I got 3 quid on sheamus and Rhodes 2 ppl not doing 2 much at the mo so both could be a surprise win!

kamikaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:28 am

Completely bogus

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 8:09 am

What do they know that we don't?

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 8:22 am

BD21 wrote:What do they know that we don't?

that was my thoughts as well. The two winners should have been at least third in the betting based on current storylines. I dont mind the booking but the odds make it look like someone had the inside track.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 15 Jul 2013, 8:56 am

Clearly they had someone inside info for the odds to be as they were.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 9:35 am

Clearly! No way should Sandow have been heavy odds favourite and Bryan was the clear favourite for the red case

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:43 pm

I think its obvious they are getting the results before hand. Anyone have the full markets for all the matches? Would be interesting to see if they're odds on favourites all won.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:52 pm

From memory they all did yes, and the rest of the matches were quite considerable odds on too.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Mon 15 Jul 2013, 8:01 pm

Well we all know what to do next PPV if they have got huge odds on favourites. Put them all in a double, treble etc and an accumulator and we will all have a little something back.
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 9:38 pm

If only I had known about this yesterday:

A Redditor Has Been Leaking WWE Outcomes For Months
In February on r/SquaredCircle, Reddit's pro wrestling forum, one poster kicked off a "prediction series," asking users to pick who they expected to win at that week's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view event. The winner was a user named "Dolphins1925," who posted just minutes before the start of the event, and nailed the results of every single match. It was the first sign that WWE had sprung a leak.

"I will win this guaranteed," Dolphins1925 wrote as he made his picks. "I know all the winners."

That sort of confidence in itself isn't unusual; neither is someone scoring 100 percent on his predictions. Pro wrestling is fairly predictable. Pay attention to who's being pushed and who's being buried, combine that with dirtsheet rumors on what storylines are coming down the pipe, and you can get a pretty good sense of what's going to happen at any given event.

No, what's weird about Dolphins1925's perfect slate is that he made his picks for the next pay-per-view, and the next, all the way down to last night's Money in the Bank event, and he's been completely right, every single time. He's 38 for 38 in predicting the results of matches. He's not just some fan guessing. He knows WWE's plans.

He claims he doesn't work for WWE himself, but has a source who does. He claims he's revealing the results in order to embarrass the company, so it'll realize how leaky its ship is. "I am hoping that spreading the word will get WWE's attention," he wrote. "I am hoping that it will put a stop to spoilers from being leaked."

The Reddit community didn't realize what they had at first. After he went 5-for-5 in the Elimination Chamber, including predicting the winner of a six-man match, one user told him "Your predictions were very... sharp."

They caught on next month. No longer content to leave his picks in the replies to the "prediction series," he made his own post. These weren't guesses. These were, in his words, "spoilers."

[SPOILERS] WrestleMania RESULTS inside this thread. 100% accurate. Do NOT click until after watching if you don't want WM to be spoiled. [SPOILERS]
They were, of course, 100 percent accurate. In addition to the eight matches that aired, Dolphins1925 correctly predicted a dark match that was held before the show, and one that was scheduled but bumped until the following night's Raw.

He went 8 of 8 on his Extreme Rules picks, but not without some controversy. He had said John Cena would win and retain the WWE Championship against Ryback. Technically, the match ended in a no-contest, but Cena retained the belt.

In explaining his pick for that match, and clarifying that he doesn't know exactly how any given match is going to go down, Dolphins1925 wrote something of a manifesto, explaining why he's doing what he's doing.

I would like to clarify once again that I DO NOT work for WWE. I am not a WWE Superstar, I am not with; the lighting crew, the camera crew, the sound technicians, the stagehands, the prop guys, the merchandise sellers, nor the popcorn vendor in the 15th Row, “Congratulations, Louie!”

I am just a WWE fan like everyone else, and I am getting my information from a source who has VERY credible inside information regarding the outcomes (win/losses) of the matches themselves. Given that this information is out there, we both feel that I should continue to share this information until it garners the attention of WWE. Vince and upper management are not taking reasonable measures to prevent this information from being leaked. These people whom are leaking this information are profiting off it at the expense of the WWE, the fans, and the integrity of the product. It is for these reasons that I am hoping to put an end to WWE insiders leaking PPV outcomes.

Also, I feel that WWE owes the fans. They need to be more protective of the actual results as a fellow Redditor had stated in the thread. It is hurting the integrity of the product, and I should not have access to this information.
Despite his noble intentions, Dolphins1925's project hadn't yet come to success; we're told that WWE creative didn't know he existed before today.

He soldiered on, nailing seven of seven match results at the recent Payback event. But it was last night's Money in the Bank that would prove to be one of his toughest tests. There was one match with six competitors, and another with seven. The field was wide open, stymieing handicappers. A few minutes before showtime, Dolphins1925 revealed his picks. In each of the mass ladder matches, his winners were neither expected nor popular. (It's fun to see r/SquaredCircle flip its Poopie when he tells them Randy Orton is going to win a title shot.)

He went eight for eight. I watched rapt as each pick came in, culminating in Randy Orton scaling the ladder to grab the dangling briefcase.

It's impossible to gather more information on Dolphins1925, who created his Reddit account in February and hasn't used it for anything but WWE spoilers. He has not replied to a message sent through the site, but I have no reason to believe he's anything other than what he says he is: a fan tired of WWE's failure of secrecy.

RELATED

The Quirks Of Gambling On Professional Wrestling
Since the dawn of time, it's been mankind's dream to own the Sports Almanac from Back To The Future Part II. If one could know the result… Read…
So what does it matter, beyond the embarrassment to WWE? Betting, for one. As I explored a few years ago, gambling on pro wrestling is a growing phenomenon, though maximum bets are capped low, specifically because of situations like this. The uncertainty surrounding the secrecy of WWE's plans extends even to those setting the lines. Adam Young, then the head oddsmaker at Bodog, told us

"It's always more tricky when it's not statistically based. The lines are iffy, you can't do a ton of research before making your wagers. but it's a lot of fun, and that's the purpose of it."
Curiously, the odds for Money in the Bank had all of the eventual winners installed as the favorites, leading Reddit users to speculate if bookmakers have access to the same information Dolphins1925 does.

It should surprise no one that WWE isn't Fort Knox, because it has never pretended to be. Writers have long put out information to build "organic" buzz for upcoming storylines, as well as leaked proposed angles that they hate, to be killed in utero by public opinion. Every factual leak is counteracted by three false ones, rendering most spoilers utterly worthless.

What is rare is for someone to have 100 percent correct information, and to have it for so long. For decades, WWE has done a fantastic job of keeping quiet the results of what's essentially a scripted show. It has done so by keeping the circle of people who know the outcomes small—the writers know, as do some of the technical crew; not even the wrestlers themselves know the plans for an entire card—and only sharing that information at the last possible moment. It's likely why Dolphins1925 posts his spoilers just a few minutes before showtime.

But though wrestling fans were among the early adopters of the internet, there's never been a community that offers the reach, the intimacy, the immediacy, and the anonymity of Reddit. It's possible that once-removed sources like Dolphins1925 always had this information; they just weren't able to share it with the world like he can.

This run is likely to be short-lived, and the upshot minimal. Once WWE realizes what information is out there, it's a matter of time before it changes its secrecy procedures and fires the leaker. But we had a good run, didn't we? At least we had time to prepare ourselves for another Randy Orton push.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:24 pm

There you go, explains it all. I would have enjoyed making the money but not ruining the watching.

Crazy story though, id fully expect that betting companies were limiting peoples bet on wrestling, nothing too big, what with it being predetermined, and then theyd have happily banned people who were making too much money

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dash.Hammer Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:13 pm

I remember when Jack Swagger won the Elimination Chamber a few months ago; and he was favourite on sky bet then too.
I remember thinking "there's no way he will win"
Something dodgy is happening there.....

Dash.Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 18 Jul 2013, 7:47 pm

The Reddit/WWE story's currently the fourth most read story on the Daily Telegraph website Laugh 

Also the Independent have done a piece about it.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down