The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting?

+23
Union Cane
seanmichaels
Enforcer
mobilemaster8
JabMachineMK2
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
OasisBFC
Diggers
winchester
Small Time
bhb001
Strongback
RanjitPatel
tunes666
ShahenshahG
azania
horizontalhero
compelling and rich
BoxingFan88
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Lumbering_Jack
Steffan
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poll

Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Vote_lcap27%Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 17 ]
Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Vote_lcap55%Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 34 ]
Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Vote_lcap8%Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]
Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Vote_lcap10%Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 62

Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Empty Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting?

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:29 pm

Just a simple poll by a simple guy Very Happy 

Feel free to discuss why you will be supporting (or not supporting) Haye/Fury though

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Empty Re: Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting?

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:30 pm

I'll be supporting Haye, mainly because I view Fury's type as a stain on society.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting? Empty Re: Haye v Fury - Who will you be supporting?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:36 pm

Can't stand Haye but for this fight I'll make an exception

Fury just grates on you and seeing him sparked out (the most likely outcome) will be hilarious

The guy is talentless and while he can sometimes be amusing at first he's trying too hard and seeing how he reacts is interesting itself

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:46 pm

I've started warming to Fury these past few weeks, I like Haye, but I really don't mind who wins.

That being said, Haye is going to win by KO.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:47 pm

I can understand why Fury winds people up although a lot of it is just to get himself in the papers and people talking about him I think

I am suprised that so many people want Haye to win though

I mean if Fury wins at least he will have confidence and go on and fight other big fighters. Which surely as a fighter from the Isles we would like that? A loss would be bad for him at this stage

I just kinda feel if Haye wins he will just retire for another year and try to be a celeb before fighting someone like David Price in another domestic payday

Fury has at least shown he is hungry by taking this fight and is younger

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:48 pm

i think its better for boxing if fury wins, as haye will just slink back off with his money made with no motivation to fight anybody other than vitali.

i dont like neither personally although alot more time for fury when he's talking like he did on the podcast. just think it will be more entertaining for fight fans if fury wins

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:52 pm

Haye. Fury is an embarrassment, he made an absolute muppet of himself in New York against Cunningham and the clowns on channel 5 couldn't have given more praise if he had beaten Klitchko,. so I hope that he gets the beating that the lot of them deserve.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:57 pm

Fury all the way.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:59 pm

Fury for reasons outlined by C&R

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 09 Jul 2013, 8:01 pm

I get the feeling Haye is only worried about money and being corporate.. fury wears his heart on his sleeve and is more genuine to me... people should not take him so serious as he is clearly a wind up and has humor.. I give Fury a %45 chance.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 09 Jul 2013, 8:17 pm

I think in in the minority but I actually like them both.
Fury gets my vote for his podcast honesty but cant see past an Haye KO early.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 09 Jul 2013, 9:07 pm

If David Haye was fighting Piers Morgan I'd want Morgan to win.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 09 Jul 2013, 9:25 pm

Don't really mind who wins but reckon Haye has too much for Fury. As it is, it is unlikely to be a classic with cagey Haye trying to catch Fury clean and Fury trying to bully Haye with his size, which is really his on advantage. Bet I pay for it anyway, though and still the best fight out there for both fighters.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 09 Jul 2013, 9:26 pm

Big Piers fan are you Strongback.
Smile 

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:59 pm

I'm just hoping Fury manages to talk himself up so well that the public will actually bet on him to win meaning I'll make more money on the inevitable Haye KO victory.

Don't think I've ever been more confident of a fight result than I am this one (Maybe Audley v Haye)

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Tue 09 Jul 2013, 11:04 pm

I think this a 50/50 fight and very hard to say who wins. Il be hoping Fury wins and heralds a new and exciting era of heavyweight boxing. Haye already had his chance and I really dont want to see him against Klitschko again. I know people will say his toe cost him the fight but I think Klitschkos size and cautious style was the main reason. Hopefully Fury will win and get given a title shot or else have a match with Wilder if the Klitschko brothers wont offer him a match.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 10 Jul 2013, 10:08 am

I hope Fury wins. I actually like Haye and suspect he would be a far more enjoyable bloke to have a chat and a beer with, though I'm sure a night out with Tyson would be highly memorable.
But I agree with others that Haye has limited ambitions in the ring and a win for Fury would have the heavy division a lot more interesting.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 10 Jul 2013, 10:18 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:I've started warming to Fury these past few weeks, I like Haye, but I really don't mind who wins.

That being said, Haye is going to win by KO.

pretty much exactly the same here, although i've been intrigued by fury from day 1.
if haye connects i can;t see any other result other than fury beind flat out. however fury is a very big guy and if he listens to peter and jabs well he can have some success. i'm just in it for the build up.

i don't think the fight will be an out an out war but will end in a KO as soon as the first bomb lands.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:07 am

I am going to support Fury all the way.

Having listened to the v2 podcast, thats the best interview I have heard Fury do and his honesty deserves a good pat on the back.

I would love to to see him KO Haye just to see what happens next. He will be a global name if he beats Haye and it would be fun to see that happening.

As others have said, if Haye wins then he disappears for about a year before trying to call out a 42 year old Vitali.

I have a feeling that should Fury win this, he will be up for fighting anyone after.

I think he might pull it off you know.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:11 am

Reborn, your optimism is refreshing and I think you are right about what happens if Haye wins. Put my mind at rest, will you? You weren't one of the people who thought Fraudley had a chance, were you?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

bhb001 wrote:Reborn, your optimism is refreshing and I think you are right about what happens if Haye wins. Put my mind at rest, will you? You weren't one of the people who thought Fraudley had a chance, were you?

I think that was Union Cane......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:27 am

It was Union.

He will never live it down.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:32 am

Hahaha no, I didn't even bother watching that fight when it was on.

I think if Fury uses his "dirty" tactics, then Haye could possibly gas then Fury will take him out.

That being said, I expect Haye to win, but I dont think this is going to be the walkover that many are expecting. Fury was all over the place against Cunningham and many are using that as the yardstick to measure him by. But he has fought better than that in the past. I dunno, think its going to be a decent fight which could go either way. I just hope its the one with more ambition.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:39 am

I think the hype got to Fury in his fight vs Cunningham. Big crowd, American debut against a "name" fighter who he was expected to batter in fashion. He ended up flat on his back, cheated to win, sang at the end and genuinely looked off his trolley.

i wonder how he copes against a 2 weight world champion with one of the highest ko ratios in the sport today in front of 15thousand fans on box office?

don't look like a good recipe for him.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 10 Jul 2013, 12:35 pm

Hi guys, I temporarily removed this to tidy up some of the comments - apologies for any confusion!

Please can you keep the comments on topic and not return to the subject which was removed.

Thanks,
E

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:16 pm

Enforcer

Can you please confirm whether we can use the term 'traveller' if not allowed to the use the 'p' word?

Given the OP is regarding who you will support and why it is a valid point for discussion.  Same as if Anthony Small were fighting someone, his personality would be the main reason people would want the other guy to WIN.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:28 pm

It shouldn't be discussed, in the same way we wouldn't allow a post to remain becuase somebody doesn't like the colour of somones skin, their religious beliefs or nationality.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:29 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Enforcer

Can you please confirm whether we can use the term 'traveller' if not allowed to the use the 'p' word?

Given the OP is regarding who you will support and why it is a valid point for discussion.  Same as if Anthony Small were fighting someone, his personality would be the main reason people would want the other guy to lose.

Parochial is fine.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:30 pm

But the term traveller is used by Tyson Fury himself who also states he is a proud one so why can we not refer to him as such just the way he does??

nobody is being racist or prejudice against religion, we are simply referring to a guy as a traveller, something in which he has openly admitted he is proud of?!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm

Sorry, calling someone a traveller is fine (as is Gypsy) what I meant was that it can't be used as the basis of an argument for not liking someone.

In the same way David Haye is black and it is fine to say that - but you can't say you dislike him because of it.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:34 pm

Enforcer wrote:Sorry, calling someone a traveller is fine (as is Gypsy) what I meant was that it can't be used as the basis of an argument for not liking someone.

Even if you were late to work because they'd nicked cabling from the trainlines?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:41 pm

Hahaha!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:42 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Enforcer wrote:Sorry, calling someone a traveller is fine (as is Gypsy) what I meant was that it can't be used as the basis of an argument for not liking someone.

Even if you were late to work because they'd nicked cabling from the trainlines?

You would hold Fury responsible for that?

Anyway, let's talk about boxing and who you want to win. As I said, I'm backing Fury because he will be a regular in the ring and I want to hear him sing.Laugh 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

Fury is a proper heavyweight and I think he will be the heavyweight champion. He has a much better chance of knocking out the Klitschkos so I want to see him get his chance if he beats Haye. No point in Haye fighting Klitschko again.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Same as if Anthony Small were fighting someone, his personality would be the main reason people would want the other guy to lose.

Shocked 

Never had you down as am Anthony Small fan, TopHat, but each to their own I suppose.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

In the same way David Haye is black and it is fine to say that - but you can't say you dislike him because of it.

What else can't we criticise? Presume weight is off the agenda (you may as well ban LJ now)? And hairstyle?

Assume any Manc's on here that don't like, say, Price, because he's a Scouser, will have their posts removed also?

You can't choose things like your nationality, skin colour or sexuality. This is why it is not allowed to use these characteristics to criticise/judge.

However living in a caravan is no different to living in a flat or in a house. Same as whether you choose to pay tax or not. These are all choices therefore you bear the burden of criticism if you make one(s) that others take issue with.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:48 pm

Union Cane wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Same as if Anthony Small were fighting someone, his personality would be the main reason people would want the other guy to lose.

Shocked 

Never had you down as am Anthony Small fan, TopHat, but each to their own I suppose.

Bugger, got my negatives crossed!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

What else can't we criticise? Presume weight is off the agenda (you may as well ban LJ now)? And hairstyle?

Assume any Manc's on here that don't like, say, Price, because he's a Scouser, will have their posts removed also?

You can't choose things like your nationality, skin colour or sexuality.  This is why it is not allowed to use these characteristics to criticise/judge.

However living in a caravan is no different to living in a flat or in a house. Same as whether you choose to pay tax or not.  These are all choices therefore you bear the burden of criticism if you make one(s) that others take issue with.

Does Fury live in a caravan? The guy is a Great British success story. Celebrate him. A great role model.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

Tyson Furys lifestyle choice is a professional boxer who takes on dangerous opponents and puts himself at risk. He will probably pay more tax in his lifetime than most people on here.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

azania wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

You would hold Fury responsible for that?

Anyway, let's talk about boxing and who you want to win. As I said, I'm backing Fury because he will be a regular in the ring and I want to hear him sing.Laugh 

Thankfully it is not a complete sense of humour bypass. Anyway, you never know, Tyson may treat us to a lament in defeat?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

azania wrote:The guy is a Great British success story.

Not according to this...

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/news/2013/07/02/fury-says-haye-bout-will-be-ireland-v-england-battle.html
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:56 pm

OK an EU success story. We're all Europeans now.Very Happy Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

You can't choose things like your nationality, skin colour or sexuality.  This is why it is not allowed to use these characteristics to criticise/judge.

However living in a caravan is no different to living in a flat or in a house. Same as whether you choose to pay tax or not.  These are all choices therefore you bear the burden of criticism if you make one(s) that others take issue with.

Does Fury live in a caravan? The guy is a Great British success story. Celebrate him. A great role model.

One of those that have their wheels taken off and replaced with breeze blocks I think. Loads of satellite dishes as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Jul 2013, 2:02 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

One of those that have their wheels taken off and replaced with breeze blocks I think. Loads of satellite dishes as well.

You must feel superior.picard 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jul 2013, 2:07 pm

azania wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

You must feel superior.picard 

Not really. I'd live in any accomodation really. A house is not always a home. Wouldn't really want to live up north though. Perhaps an exception would be one of those islands up in scotland.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jul 2013, 2:10 pm

I would prefer Haye to win as I think he has more potential to have a reign as HW Champ, perhaps undisputed. A bit like despite not supporting either team, I'd always take Arsenal above Tottenham when qualifying for the champions league.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Wed 10 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

Haye has already had his chance of being the heavyweight champion but he lost. Fury deserves his opportunity. He is a big strong heavyweight with lots of heart and I think he has a much better chance of beating the Klitschkos as he has the size and style to bully them. Haye wont beat Klitschko and I cant see him beating Wilder either. His fight against Klitschko was also unbelievably boring. Id much rather see Fury get in there and carry the fight to the Klitschkos than Haye being jabbed away at for the whole fight. Fury is the future.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 10 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

I'd be supporting Fury mainly because I think it would be hilarious if he won and I'd love to see what Haye's excuse would be afterwards.
Having said that, I won't be supporting Fury with much conviction as I know he won't win.
The media will do their best to hype this fight up as a 50-50 battle as they did with the Audley/Chisora bouts and some casuals will be suckered into believing it. In reality, we all know that this is Haye's fight to lose.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I would prefer Haye to win as I think he has more potential to have a reign as HW Champ, perhaps undisputed. A bit like despite not supporting either team, I'd always take Arsenal above Tottenham when qualifying for the champions league.

At`least you have one redeeming feature.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Champagne_Socialist Wed 10 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

winchester wrote:Haye has already had his chance of being the heavyweight champion but he lost. Fury deserves his opportunity. He is a big strong heavyweight with lots of heart and I think he has a much better chance of beating the Klitschkos as he has the size and style to bully them. Haye wont beat Klitschko and I cant see him beating Wilder either. His fight against Klitschko was also unbelievably boring. Id much rather see Fury get in there and carry the fight to the Klitschkos than Haye being jabbed away at for the whole fight. Fury is the future.

Haye was heavyweight champion for 2 years.

Champagne_Socialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next