The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B Teams

+2
Shelsey93
Hoggy_Bear
6 posters

Go down

B Teams Empty B Teams

Post by Hoggy_Bear Wed 3 Jul - 13:03

Just a bit of fun but, if everyone in the test team of respective nations were to injure themselves all at once, who would take over?
England are slightly less complicated as they have quite a well defined first team. So, if we take England's test team (as of this moment in time) as:

Cook
Root
Trott
KP
Bell
Bairstow
Prior
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Finn

what would their second XI look like?

Compton
Chopra??
Hildreth??
Taylor??
Bopara??
Morgan??
Buttler??
Bresnan
Tremlett
Onions
Panesar

Is Steve Davies still 2nd in line for the test 'keepers spot. Are those players really next in line for the batting positions? Is Rankin challenging for a place in the B team? What about other countries? Over to you.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 3 Jul - 13:09

Interesting. I think your team is just about about spot on apart from Rankin is probably now ahead of Tremlett and Buttler is some distance from the Test reckoning.

On recent tours Bairstow has been reserve 'keeper and I suspect it will remain that way.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Wed 3 Jul - 13:24

Shelsey93 wrote:Interesting. I think your team is just about about spot on apart from Rankin is probably now ahead of Tremlett and Buttler is some distance from the Test reckoning.

On recent tours Bairstow has been reserve 'keeper and I suspect it will remain that way.

Yeah, you're probably right that Bairstow is the reserve 'keeper, but as I'd already included him in the first team, I was a bit loathe to put him in the B team as well. But if the whole A team happened to be killed in a tragic bus disaster (for example Wink ) who do think would take over as wickie?

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 3 Jul - 14:06

Hoggy_Bear wrote:
Shelsey93 wrote:Interesting. I think your team is just about about spot on apart from Rankin is probably now ahead of Tremlett and Buttler is some distance from the Test reckoning.

Yeah, you're probably right that Bairstow is the reserve 'keeper, but as I'd already included him in the first team, I was a bit loathe to put him in the B team as well. But if the whole A team happened to be killed in a tragic bus disaster (for example Wink ) who do think would take over as wickie?

Last year Kieswetter was probably up ahead of Davies off the back of some good FC performances for Somerset. But its harder to say now - it may still be Davies, but don't rule out Tim Ambrose, who has been doing well of late.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 4 Jul - 17:45

If India choose to rest their first choice test side which at this point looks like
Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Tendulkar
Kohli
Dhoni
Jadeja
Ashwin
B Kumar
Ojha/Ishant depending on conditions
Yadav.
And put together a new side, say to play against Zimbabwe, it might look like
Gautam Gambhir captain
Unmukt Chand
Ajinkya Rahane
Rohit Sharma
Suresh Raina
Dinesh Karthik wicketkeeper
Parwez Rassool?
Amit Mishra
Praveen Kumar
Shahbaz Nadeem/Irfan Pathan depending on conditions?
Shami Ahmed.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 4 Jul - 18:20

There is no question on Parwez. Though he is just 17 games old in first class but still his batting and bowling are impressive. He surely deserves a place in the B-team. Ambati Rayadu, Manoj tiwary, Washim Jaffar(though he is quite old),also deserve a place.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 5 Jul - 7:21

my B xi will be made of those who are either not regulars or not proven themselves:

1) pujara (c)
2) vijay
3) rahane
4) tiwary
5) rayadu
6)stuart binny
7)rasool
8)irfan
9)vinay
10) amit mishra
11) sami ahmed

12) jalaj saxena
13)ap tare
14) karan sharma
15) mohit sharma

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 5 Jul - 20:13

So you think Rayudu could be keeping wickets in tests KPF? I rather doubt it, he could be a stop-gap keeper in T-20s, and could do the job in ODIs at a stretch, but having no meaningful first class keeping experience, no way should he be keeping in tests. And Aditya Tare ahead of Wriddiman Saha, Parthiv Patel and Sanju Samson?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 5 Jul - 20:45

msp83 wrote:So you think Rayudu could be keeping wickets in tests KPF? I rather doubt it, he could be a stop-gap keeper in T-20s, and could do the job in ODIs at a stretch, but having no meaningful first class keeping experience, no way should he be keeping in tests. And Aditya Tare ahead of Wriddiman Saha, Parthiv Patel and Sanju Samson?

pretty much most of the guys I wanted have made it to the India-a tour to SA or the ODIs in Zimbabwe
Robin Bisht, Jalaj saxen and Dharekar would feel a bit hard done by not to be in the A tour either.

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 8 Jul - 9:00

No Pathan. Barely played Ranji last season, not fit enough and lost his nip.
My first XI

Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rayudu
Dhoni
Sir
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Kaul/Ojha
Yadav