The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheltenham Festival 2011 - General Chat Thread

+5
Jamson
theenigmathatisTIDALBAY
Grahame1971
Adam D
Solerina
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cheltenham Festival 2011 - General Chat Thread Empty Cheltenham Festival 2011 - General Chat Thread

Post by Solerina Thu 03 Feb 2011, 3:08 pm

Why no posts yet on the racing section of this forum? Cheltenham is only a few weeks away!

Thought if I started a racing thread it might encourage people to start posting Smile

Solerina

Last edited by Solerina on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham Festival 2011 - General Chat Thread Empty Re: Cheltenham Festival 2011 - General Chat Thread

Post by Adam D Thu 03 Feb 2011, 3:13 pm

good idea!

Try and get some people over from 606 and get the party started!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham Festival 2011 - General Chat Thread Empty Re: Cheltenham Festival 2011 - General Chat Thread

Post by Solerina Thu 03 Feb 2011, 3:28 pm

Hobo wrote:
good idea!

Try and get some people over from 606 and get the party started!

OK Hobo.....I'll see what I can do Smile

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 08 Feb 2011, 11:22 am

Look what I've just found

http://www.cheltenham-festival.co.uk/

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 14 Feb 2011, 1:07 pm

I've edited the title of this thread to make it a general chat thread for the Festival

So you can post any general Cheltenham chit-chat right here.

We need more chit-chat on this racing forum Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 1:58 pm

29 Days to go ... That's all. Four weeks, One Day and Ten Minutes 'til it all kicks off.

I've adopted a much more disciplined approach to the festival this year .... I have a few fancies but have kept the powder dry so far with regards to Ante Post bets. Last year was a very strange meeting, i think the poor weather just before Christmas and then in Jan & Feb put alot of horses back in their prep however i think this year will be a little different, not nearly as much action lost and unless we get hit with a cold spell in the next couple of weeks then i think there will be no excuses come March 15th.

I really can't wait, it would be good to hear from anyone who's going from this forum. I'm their all 4 days, staying in Bourton On The Water which is the first time i would have done the lot and also stayed down ..... My wife is very understanding :love:

As well as the four selections for the championship races already posted, i think that Baby Run on the Friday could repeat last years success. I love Medermit and really hope it wins the Arkle. Garde Champetre owes me nothing (well actually that's not true ... it owes me £200 from last year) but i have a feeling it may not be the force of old. Some of the handicaps as usual will really take some work to find the winner, wouldn't be Cheltenham if it was easy. I'll be interested to see Bensalem again as was going so well last year when it tipped up, Ashkazar won really well stepped up in trip at the New Years Day meeting and could well feature in the Coral Cup, Bobs Worth in the Neptune looks a seriously good animal judged on his last two wins at the course (although on thing to bear in mind is that winners on Festival Trials Day often struggle at the festival iteslf) and Roger Charltons Keys looks an interesting runner in the Bumper.

So much to ponder between now and the start of the Festival .... the countdown is well and truly on !

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 14 Feb 2011, 2:46 pm

Grahame1971 wrote: Garde Champetre owes me nothing (well actually that's not true ... it owes me £200 from last year).....
Lol!

Would love Garde Champetre to win.......there doesn't look to be so many entries this year for the Cross Country Chase.

I know a lot of punters don't like this race.....I don't know why.......maybe it's not a good one for betting.

I absolutely love it.........I think the horses really enjoy it and it's a real spectacle.....with the added thrill that half the field might go the wrong way :lol:

Tho' I was gutted for Puntal when his jockey took the wrong course and his big moment was cruelly snatched away from him.

I'm away now till tomorrow afternoon (working), when I get back I'm going to start some threads for each of the big races, if anyone else would like to start them then please do.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Tue 15 Feb 2011, 9:25 am

i dont believe the entries are actually out for the cross country as of yet. think its the end of february. think most bookies just put on there list who they think the main player are likely to be. always followed this race since spot thedifference was around. absolutely loved the horse and loved that hill. it would be good to see garde champetre win his third round here but i think l'ami has looked better in his prep races this year and i wouldnt be suprised that at long last l'ami could be bride instead of the bridesmaid.

i agree with baby run for the foxhunters, ran superbly last year and had a trouble free comeback run last weekend. i believe the horse is planning on having another run before the festival too.

i think that ashkazar is being aimed at the world hurdle rather than the coral cup but i could be wrong.

the one horse who i am looking forward to is blazing bailey in the william hill handicap chase. seem to be rejuvinated this season, was gonna be retired if he had a poor run on new years day. i bet they arent thinking that now

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 16 Feb 2011, 6:26 pm

I've just put a thread up for each of the big Festival races..........so let's have your thoughts please Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Tue 22 Feb 2011, 11:05 am

3 Weeks to go .... I make that 21 Days, or 504 Hours, or 30240 Minutes, or 1814400 Seconds .... until the start of the greatest four days of horse racing (if not of any sport) of the entire year.
The first pint of Guinness hopefully will have just about have been sunk, the final selections will be made and the short walk up to the course will soon be underway.
I should really know better at my age ... but this is more exciting than Christmas ever was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Fri 25 Feb 2011, 6:03 am

Big Bucks.. easy.

Menorah in the champ hurdle

Aegean Dawn in the coral cup (nap)

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:31 pm

Jamson wrote:
Big Bucks.. easy.

Menorah in the champ hurdle

Aegean Dawn in the coral cup (nap)

Hi Jamson

Welcome to the racing part of the forum.

I think most people are with you about Big Bucks.........I can't wait for this years World Hurdle it's going to be the highlight of my festival.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 27 Feb 2011, 7:00 pm

Like most racing fans all attention is now focused on Prestbury Park in two and a half weeks time and to be honest i get the impression that those involved in the sport just want to "bring it on" and get the main event started,its as though the sport and those who work/watch/follow it just go through the motions.The standard of racing at this stage of the year is very pre Festival with a few exceptions and ardent follower though i am even i find it hard to get excited about Catterick on a soggy Monday when Cheltenham is so close.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 27 Feb 2011, 11:33 pm

racingnut wrote:Like most racing fans all attention is now focused on Prestbury Park in two and a half weeks time and to be honest i get the impression that those involved in the sport just want to "bring it on" and get the main event started,its as though the sport and those who work/watch/follow it just go through the motions.The standard of racing at this stage of the year is very pre Festival with a few exceptions and ardent follower though i am even i find it hard to get excited about Catterick on a soggy Monday when Cheltenham is so close.

Yes racingnut......I quite agree.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Mon 28 Feb 2011, 8:47 am

yeah quite right.. i cant see myself getting too excited about race days til the 15th march

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon 28 Feb 2011, 7:04 pm

As much as i love Nh racing and all that goes with it i must say that sometimes the game as a whole can suffer from Festival Overkill.Years ago trainers wouldnt run their Festival hopefuls in the four or five weeks leading up to the meeting,nowadays some trainers dont run theirs in the two or three months leading up to it! what im trying to say is that Cheltenham has become this gargantuan,all consuming monster that at times seems to devour all the other good events in the NH calendar and stables judge their season as a success or failure gauged on their Festival results.That cant be right because there is tremendous racing on show all season round and dont get me wrong,nobody loves Cheltenham more than me but it shouldnt be the be all and end all of the season.Ive had shares in Festival runners(and winners) but we didnt judge how good a season we had based purely on Cheltenham performance.It might be the world cup final of NH racing but theres loads of good qualifiers on the way.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:27 pm

racingnut wrote:As much as i love Nh racing and all that goes with it i must say that sometimes the game as a whole can suffer from Festival Overkill.Years ago trainers wouldnt run their Festival hopefuls in the four or five weeks leading up to the meeting,nowadays some trainers dont run theirs in the two or three months leading up to it! what im trying to say is that Cheltenham has become this gargantuan,all consuming monster that at times seems to devour all the other good events in the NH calendar and stables judge their season as a success or failure gauged on their Festival results.That cant be right because there is tremendous racing on show all season round and dont get me wrong,nobody loves Cheltenham more than me but it shouldnt be the be all and end all of the season.Ive had shares in Festival runners(and winners) but we didnt judge how good a season we had based purely on Cheltenham performance.It might be the world cup final of NH racing but theres loads of good qualifiers on the way.

I know what you mean racingnut.

Just digressing here a little, something that really bugs me, is when a horse wins a big race during the season, often the first thing the TV interview says to the connections immediately afterwards is......."Where next for this horse?"....... and I want to say "Just let them enjoy this moment!"......it really annoys me lol

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Tue 01 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

2 Weeks, Yes Just Fourteen Days To Go Until The Roar Goes Up .......
I've been spending some time looking at this years Arkle. The last couple of years it's been a pretty decent race with Sizing Europe holding off Somersby last year and Barry Geraghty battling with Graham Lee the previous year when Forpadydeplasterer gallantly held on against Kalahari King. One thing that immediately stands out to me is that this may not be the strongest of renewals. Recently, winners have been reasonably easy to pinpoint as they generally come from the top 3 or 4 rated hurdlers who are making the leap into Novice Chasing. All recent winners have been rated 142 or above over hurdles however this year the depth of talent doesn't seem to be there. Ghizao was only rated 135, Realt Dubh 135 also and they are 3rd & 4th favourites. Medermit and Finians Rainbow look to me to be head and shoulders above anything else in the race, Starluck may not take his place in the field, he was top rated at 160 over hurdles out of all the entries, if he were despite the lack of experience i do think he would warrant a second look however going back to Medermit and Finians Rainbow, i have to say that out of the two, Medermit really does appeal to me. Depspite never winning at Cheltenham, two performances that do stick out to me are his second behind Go Native in the 2009 Supreme Novices and also his second on New Years Day in the Dipper against Hells Bay. On both occassions, Medermit battled strongly up the hill, another 20 yds and he would have won the Supreme Novices, and in the Dipper he jumped as well as any novice i've seen around Cheltenham and battled all the way to the line against a second season chaser, two years his senior. Alan King knows how to win the Arkle with a similar type, having saddled My Way De Solzen and also Voy Por Ustedes to triumph back in the 90's. To me, Medermits win at Sandown in the Scilly Isles was another top class performance, over 2 Mile 5f the horse showed again that his jumping is very good for a novice and despite idling (or maybe tiring a little) in front on the run in, i think that back to 2 miles off a decent gallop in the Arkle everything will fall into Medermits hands (or hoofs).
I'm not completely dismissing Finians Rainbow, however his jumping has left me less than convinced. A good winner twice at Newbury and also in the Kingmaker at Warwick, these were only small fields, and despite the wide margin victories i think the stiffer test around Cheltenham may possibly find his jumping out.

So for me, Medermit is a definate two weeks today .... Any thoughts from anyone else on the race ??
thumbsup

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2011, 2:24 pm

I'll be at the festival... But as a waiter. Apparently tips from punters there can be quite generous, so hopefully that can make up for the horror of four 12 hour shifts in four days :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 01 Mar 2011, 2:54 pm

Churchill wrote:I'll be at the festival... But as a waiter. Apparently tips from punters there can be quite generous, so hopefully that can make up for the horror of four 12 hour shifts in four days :P

Lol......you'll be exhausted Churchill.

Hope you get plenty of tips..........please come and tell us all how it went?

Solerina : )

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 01 Mar 2011, 3:05 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:2 Weeks, Yes Just Fourteen Days To Go Until The Roar Goes Up .......

Yes........exactly two weeks today it will almost be Champion Hurdle time!

Grahame......I'm having computer problems here.........my laptop is on its last legs........should I disappear for a while don't worry I'll be back as soon as I can.

I'm really hoping we can build on this nice little racing community we've got here.

Your valuable input on these pages is greatly appreciated : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Tue 01 Mar 2011, 4:17 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:2 Weeks, Yes Just Fourteen Days To Go Until The Roar Goes Up .......
I've been spending some time looking at this years Arkle. The last couple of years it's been a pretty decent race with Sizing Europe holding off Somersby last year and Barry Geraghty battling with Graham Lee the previous year when Forpadydeplasterer gallantly held on against Kalahari King. One thing that immediately stands out to me is that this may not be the strongest of renewals. Recently, winners have been reasonably easy to pinpoint as they generally come from the top 3 or 4 rated hurdlers who are making the leap into Novice Chasing. All recent winners have been rated 142 or above over hurdles however this year the depth of talent doesn't seem to be there. Ghizao was only rated 135, Realt Dubh 135 also and they are 3rd & 4th favourites. Medermit and Finians Rainbow look to me to be head and shoulders above anything else in the race, Starluck may not take his place in the field, he was top rated at 160 over hurdles out of all the entries, if he were despite the lack of experience i do think he would warrant a second look however going back to Medermit and Finians Rainbow, i have to say that out of the two, Medermit really does appeal to me. Depspite never winning at Cheltenham, two performances that do stick out to me are his second behind Go Native in the 2009 Supreme Novices and also his second on New Years Day in the Dipper against Hells Bay. On both occassions, Medermit battled strongly up the hill, another 20 yds and he would have won the Supreme Novices, and in the Dipper he jumped as well as any novice i've seen around Cheltenham and battled all the way to the line against a second season chaser, two years his senior. Alan King knows how to win the Arkle with a similar type, having saddled My Way De Solzen and also Voy Por Ustedes to triumph back in the 90's. To me, Medermits win at Sandown in the Scilly Isles was another top class performance, over 2 Mile 5f the horse showed again that his jumping is very good for a novice and despite idling (or maybe tiring a little) in front on the run in, i think that back to 2 miles off a decent gallop in the Arkle everything will fall into Medermits hands (or hoofs).

I'm not completely dismissing Finians Rainbow, however his jumping has left me less than convinced. A good winner twice at Newbury and also in the Kingmaker at Warwick, these were only small fields, and despite the wide margin victories i think the stiffer test around Cheltenham may possibly find his jumping out.

So for me, Medermit is a definate two weeks today .... Any thoughts from anyone else on the race ??
thumbsup

at the moment i have yet to decide who i think wins it and i dont think i will. the horse i am most intereseted in in this contest will probanly go for the RSA. he has won at the cheltenham festival and definatly has the talent to win this race if he shows his old form. at 20/1, if he goes for this race i think would be a massive price. the horse i am on about is MIKAEL D'HAGUENET.

He has a good hurdle rating and although he hasnt won this season, i could give an excuse for each one of his defeats. the one horse out of the front 3 or 4 in the betting i wouldnt touch is finians rainbow. he hasnt really beaten much to my knowledge and last time out his jumping was very scruffy in my opinion. i like medermit but at cheltenham he normally finds one too good. i would be on captain chris for the jewsons but not the arkle, think 2m4 will suit perfect for him. ghizao has course and distance form in the book and would probably be my pick apart from mr stewart coming out and pretty much saying he doubts he will win which takes away any confidence i had about him.

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue 01 Mar 2011, 6:38 pm

To be honest i think Finians Rainbow will get on the front and jump them daft.Couldnt believe they dropped him in at Warwick,he won his other races by going a good clip on the front end and in the main by jumping soundly and quickly.Dont think he was over keen on the soft ground last time and hoping for a better surface come the Arkle,lets not forget he was close to winning the Challow over timber last year and he didnt run too scruffy at the last Festival.
Cant have Medermit at any price,all is best form is with plenty of cut and im still to be convinced that he doesnt save a bit for himself.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Wed 02 Mar 2011, 1:54 pm

Wow 2 weeks to go!

I really need to start looking at the line ups and making some picks.

day 1 looks good but I really do feel this year the stand out day could be the Wednesday. Time for Rupert, Master Minded...going to be great.

anyway back to day 1 does anyone else think Quevega is once again an absolute certainty for the Mares race again? Also I think Garde Champetre will regain the Cross Country title

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Wed 02 Mar 2011, 6:40 pm

Quevega is by some distance the best mare trained in both England and Ireland,if the real one turns up ailment free then she is as close to a certainty as you can get.Voler La Vedette is the only one that can get her off the bridle,never mind beat her.Would i back her at evens? Absolutely not.I let them run at that sort of price.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:40 am

i always find day 1 one of the easier days to pick my horses. i cant see any horse getting close to quevega. still 50/50 for cross country, just have this feeling l'ami could put his neck in front this year.

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:16 pm

I'm with you guys, Quevega sets the standard for the Mares and if i was given one bet with someone elses money then it would be this one. I fully expect this to go off odds on, at Evens or better i think it is a cracking bet. Tried to find one to beat it last year and had a little more than i should have on Voler La Vedette as i read too much into its defeat of Go Native in the mud at the start of the season. In the race itself, Quevega well and truly put my selection in her place and i expect her to do the same to all challengers again this year (no Voler La Vedette though thankfully !!!).
I've been burning the midnight oil Erm looking at the Handicaps, I love the challenge of trying to pinpoint a winner now the weights are out and i spent a decent amount of time pouring over the Coral Cup last night. I have a short list of five at the moment however am seriously leaning towards one that i just cannot get away from. The five are Qaspal, Jumbo Rio, Call The Police, Psycho and Silverland.

Qaspal won last years Imperial Cup at Sandown however missed the chance to land the bonus as didn't get into any of the races he was entered for at the festival. Given a very attractive lightweight, the worry again is that the horse will not get into this years race, but if it does then it's a cracking good bet, despite a lay off of 12 months i doubt Phillip Hobbs would enter this one up if it wasn't capable of running a very big race, being owned by JP McManus, especially at the current 25/1, i think represents so me value.

Jumbo Rio has some decent form in the book and coming from an extremely shrewd yard who certainly know how to get one ready for a handicap like this at the festival. Wouldn't be without a chance and i have a feeling this may be the race it ends up in rather than the County Hurdle ... the only downside is it will need softer going, but 33/1 could be big.

Psycho ... could this be the Tony Martin 'Plot' horse ??? It's recent form doesn't jump out however now back over hurdles this race could be right up Psycho's street. Falling last time out when looking like having every chance this horse has the ability to go close in a race like this. The one race that sticks out for me is the County Hurdle three years ago when Psycho was a very fast finishing 2nd running off 10st 12, this stronger test of stamina will definately suit. 25/1 is a big price.

Silverhand is one that interests me because of its run in this race last year. It finished 9th however was badly hampered at the 2nd last when staying on and i think would certainly have got in the mix. Unusually for an Irish horse, good ground or even faster does not hold any fears and in what is usually a real 'blood and thunder' stamina test, i think Silverhand could play a part and the 50/1 with Paddy Power is a gift (can't imagine JP Mcmanus would let this horse start anywhere near that price !!!)

Finally, and i think i've saved the best 'til last ... Call The Police is my idea of the winner. Willie Mullins has a pretty good record in this race and this horse really fits the bill as a likely winner. This lightly raced gelding by Accordian (our of Saddlers Wells ... i'm afraid you'll hear me go on loads more about Saddlers Wells offspring in the run up to the festival) has put in two quality performances this year to date. The second behind another Mullins horse, Final Approach, in the MCR Hurdle at Leopardstown in January was a quality performance after over two years off the track. The follow up at Punchestown was pretty much a routine effort however it was extremely impressive. This is a seriously good horse, surely there is further improvement to come as it is so lighlty raced and at current odds of around 12/1, Call The Police is my idea of the winner.

Now i know that picking out five horses in one race is hardly the best plan of attack however i've looked for horses that might offer some decent value at their current odds. They might not all make the cut in the race so i'm going to looking to back them with one of those 'kind bookies' :pirate: who are going Non Runner - No Bet.
I'd be interested to know if anybody else has looked at this race and what your fancies are.
Drool .... Only 12 Days to go !!!!!!!

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Sun 06 Mar 2011, 4:16 pm

Riverside Theatre is now out of the Ryanair with a pelvic injury. Yet another high profile withdrawl in one of the festivals classier looking races. It's a shame because he's a decent horse although i wasn't keen on him for this race as i didn't think Cheltenham suited him last year however i do hope that a full recovery is made and that we see him battling it out at racings top table next season.

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 06 Mar 2011, 9:08 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:
Drool .... Only 12 Days to go !!!!!!!

Yes......not long now.....I'll be on this forum for the whole festival.......hope I have some company.

That's a great post you've made there Grahame.

There aren't many of us on here at the moment but I'm sure there are quite a few racing folks, who've yet to join us, who are popping in, occasionally, to see what's going on here, and, a post like yours, along with the other posts on here by members, with their festival thoughts, will give them something interesting to read and maybe encourage them to join, so thanks for your efforts, racing peeps : D

What a load of old waffle all that sounds lol.......but I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Wed 09 Mar 2011, 7:19 pm

Just scanned through the six day decs for the first day,no real shock ommissions.Still too early to firmly pin your colours to any mast as we could get a monsoon and be racing on a bog or we could get a dry week and be racing on proper good ground.Still think Peddlers will win the Champion and expect Finians to go well in the Arkle.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Thu 10 Mar 2011, 4:26 pm

watch out - claisse has got his hose out :run2:

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 13 Mar 2011, 7:21 pm

enigma_that_is_HARCHIBALD wrote:watch out - claisse has got his hose out :run2:

Lol.....I've only just seen this enigma.

It's Cheltenham Eve tomorrow Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:40 am

Hi guys,

A mate at work has given me a 'hot tip' for the champion chase tomorrow at 3.20. = Menorah.
I dont know too much about horseracing so i thought i would ask the experts.
My mate works for our Newmarket office who insure bloodstock liability so he might be right, but i dont have a clue lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 14 Mar 2011, 2:48 pm

Y I Man wrote:Hi guys,

A mate at work has given me a 'hot tip' for the champion chase tomorrow at 3.20. = Menorah.
I dont know too much about horseracing so i thought i would ask the experts.
My mate works for our Newmarket office who insure bloodstock liability so he might be right, but i dont have a clue lol

Thanks YI

Yes...Menorah has an excellent chance......but not in the Champion Chase (that's on Wednesday).......he's running in the Champion Hurdle Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 14 Mar 2011, 2:52 pm

Aaaw....no ride for AP in the Champion Hurdle.....he won't like sitting that one out : (

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon 14 Mar 2011, 7:01 pm

If i did the laying thing on Betfair then id lay Menorah till the cows come home,hes the one horse that i just cant have at any price in the Champion.He beat a novice and a 2m4 horse last time out in the Bula and he gave lumps of weight away to a bunch of stiffs in the Greatwood,running down Peddlers and the Fly will be a totally different ball game.
On the opposite side of the coin the one horse that i wouldnt lay is Quevega,she is by some distance the best mare trained on either side of the Irish Sea and if the real Quevega turns up tomorrow then she will win hands down.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon 14 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm

I put this one up on a different thread but dementia has set i and i couldnt find it again so here goes....DIVERS made the cut for the Centenary and connections are very hopeful of a big effort.Arrives here with what they believe to be the right blend of chasing experience and handicap rating,likes decent ground,will get a strong gallop,is a fast and acurate jumper and has shown a propensity for geting up the hill.Always require a bit of luck but they feel everything is right for a bold show,think hes about 10s so hes not to skinny a price if you wish to play.
PS,if the wheels fall off dont shoot the messenger Whistle

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 14 Mar 2011, 7:26 pm

racingnut wrote:
PS,if the wheels fall off dont shoot the messenger Whistle

Lol!

I agree about Quevega.

Good luck with divers Very Happy

I'll be on here for the duration.......I do hope I have some company.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Mon 14 Mar 2011, 9:45 pm

Racingnut & Solerina, have a great festival, enjoy the greatest show on turf !!!!!!!
I'll give you a wave if i get near a camera ... not that you'll know who i am !!!
Unusually for me, i have a fair penny or two riding on three Irish horses and if they all win i'm off to warmer lands Yahoo (you'll be able to find one of them if you backtrack to my Coral Cup post) ... Anyway, good luck and enjoy !! thumbsup

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 14 Mar 2011, 9:56 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:Racingnut & Solerina, have a great festival, enjoy the greatest show on turf !!!!!!!
I'll give you a wave if i get near a camera ... not that you'll know who i am !!!
Unusually for me, i have a fair penny or two riding on three Irish horses and if they all win i'm off to warmer lands Yahoo (you'll be able to find one of them if you backtrack to my Coral Cup post) ... Anyway, good luck and enjoy !! thumbsup

Aaaw, thanks Grahame......you have a great time and be lucky Hug

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 16 Mar 2011, 2:04 pm

Hello.....I'm here if anyone would like to partake in some Cheltenham chat Very Happy

I'm so busy reading this forum......I'm missing most of the racing lol.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 16 Mar 2011, 2:12 pm

Wow.....that was a thriller!

Poor Rock On Ruby....just got pipped at the post by First Lieutenant.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by punch drunk Wed 16 Mar 2011, 2:21 pm

phewww.... my doubel has come in so i can relax now and enjoy the rest of the races!!

punch drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 16 Mar 2011, 2:27 pm

punch drunk wrote:phewww.... my doubel has come in so i can relax now and enjoy the rest of the races!!

Oh that's great, punch drunk. Well done!

Good afternoon to you Very Happy

I'm really pleased for the connections of First Lieutenant......was it the owner crying there? Saying his dad was at home suffering from cancer and the win would cheer him up.........all very emotional.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by punch drunk Wed 16 Mar 2011, 3:04 pm

good afternoon!

it was an emotional moments thats for sure. Not one dud race yet!! great festival so far!

punch drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 16 Mar 2011, 3:11 pm

punch drunk wrote:good afternoon!

it was an emotional moments thats for sure. Not one dud race yet!! great festival so far!

Yes....it sure is: )

I had a bit of a scare there for a moment......my back was to the screen when I heard Simon Holt say that The Giant Bolster was out of the race......from the tone of his voice I thought he was going to say he was out because of injury.......I wish he wouldn't do that!

Bloomin' heartbreaking for connections tho' and for poor old Roddy Green.......he's a great bloke.....he rode my friend's horse once.....he ended up sitting on his @rse then, too, lol.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 16 Mar 2011, 3:20 pm

Champion Chase coming up folks.

Heart says Master Minded......head says maybe not.

They're off!

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 16 Mar 2011, 3:23 pm

Master Minded is definitely up for it.......he has a very resolute look on his face!

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 16 Mar 2011, 3:26 pm

Wow! Absolutely amazing! Sizing Europe won!

Poor old Master Minded.....at least he didn't fall there......think he was beat anyway.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by punch drunk Wed 16 Mar 2011, 3:34 pm

i must say, what a performance!!! never looked troubled!

punch drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next