The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions v Warratahs - Lions vulnerable?

3 posters

Go down

Lions v Warratahs - Lions vulnerable? Empty Lions v Warratahs - Lions vulnerable?

Post by Submachine Wed 12 Jun 2013, 3:14 pm

For most Lions tours the Saturday game before the first test has traditionally been seen as a dress rehearsal. Combinations have been tried and the coaches will have the bones of their first team in mind. Due to the relatively few warm up matches, niggling injuries and a very strong backline selection against the Combined Country yesterday (who will need to be rested), I don't think that will be the case this time.
The pack will have mostly all played together at some stage but I have a feeling the backline will be vulnerable. The likes of Kearney and Zebo need game time and if Halfpenny starts on the wing then our back three will be relative strangers to each other. If Sexton is rested again to nurse the hamstring I would also doubt our creative ability.

For these reasons I expect to see the weakest (relatively speaking) Lions team so far and I would be tempted to take the Warratahs with the spread if it is 10 points plus. I made a few quid yesterday betting in play when the Combined Country were offered minus 107 points.

I can see a team of
1. Grant
2. Youngs
3. Jones
4. AWJ
5. O'Connell
6. Croft
7. Warburton
8. Lydiate (the two proper 8's need a rest)
9. Philips
10. Farrell
11. Zebo
12. Tuilagi
13. Davies
14. Halfpenny
15. Kearney

16. Vunipola 17. Best 18. Stephens 19. Parling 20. Tipuric 21. Youngs 22. Sexton 23. North

At some stage I would expect to see Warburton to 6 with Tipuric at 7 with North covering wing and centre.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Lions v Warratahs - Lions vulnerable? Empty Re: Lions v Warratahs - Lions vulnerable?

Post by GunsGerms Wed 12 Jun 2013, 3:36 pm

When is the 'Tahs team announced? If they put out a good side this could be the toughest test so far. They seemed to have improved under cheika and recently beat the Rebels by fielding quite an inexperienced side. Look forward to this one.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Lions v Warratahs - Lions vulnerable? Empty Re: Lions v Warratahs - Lions vulnerable?

Post by RubyGuby Wed 12 Jun 2013, 3:42 pm

That's my kind of "weak" team thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down