The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unlicensed fighting

5 posters

Go down

Unlicensed fighting Empty Unlicensed fighting

Post by darrenr75 Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:26 pm

I was flicking through YouTube this week, and noticed that Frank Warren was involved in something called the National Boxing Council, to stop bare knuckle fighting and make it legal.

Amongst all of the gypsy dross on YouTube I saw a few pro boxers that had their licenses rebuked by the BBBoC for differing reasons, and they had half decent records and could have gone on to make it in the pro ranks. jonny Waldron was one name.

My question is, what happened to all of the unlicensed fights these days?

darrenr75

Back to top Go down

Unlicensed fighting Empty Re: Unlicensed fighting

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Loads of unlicensed fights in the north east these days - they're perfectly legal.

An acquaintance/facebook friend/someone I've sparred with is a promoter and makes a good living out of it. I'm a fan - or amateur lads that want to fight beyond 35 (or are just not dedicated) - it's brilliant. Trenchtown baboon would do well (if he lost weight the fat Poopie!! haha!!)
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by DynamiteChris Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:52 am

check out Queensbury Boxing League http://www.queensburyboxing.co.uk/

think they call it Semi Pro boxing, they hold most of their shows in Surrey & they're shown on Eurosport

I know a couple of guys who have boxed for them, its all safe & controlled with paramedics at ringside & ambulance on standby like on pro shows, they hold trials at a gym in London where you can spar one of their guys & have fitness tests etc & if you get in you can work your way up the league

Some cracking fights, they've got a lot of fights on youtube

DynamiteChris

Back to top Go down

Post by trenchtownbaboon Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:20 am

TheMackemMawler wrote:Loads of unlicensed fights in the north east these days - they're perfectly legal.

An acquaintance/facebook friend/someone I've sparred with is a promoter and makes a good living out of it. I'm a fan - or amateur lads that want to fight beyond 35 (or are just not dedicated) - it's brilliant. Trenchtown baboon would do well (if he lost weight the fat Poopie!! haha!!)

Laugh Laugh OI! Im under 35 mr sugar hips Ill turn my one pack into a six pack in no time haha

trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:17 pm

It's just white collar boxing. Plenty put on locally around the UK.

I've been to a few and going to one this month.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down