The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suicide to return to TNA / D-Lo Face Turn?

+6
The_Enigma
Mr Video Man
Adam D
Enforcer
Hero
dyrewolfe
10 posters

Go down

Suicide to return to TNA / D-Lo Face Turn? Empty Suicide to return to TNA / D-Lo Face Turn?

Post by dyrewolfe Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm

During last week's Impact show, it was revealed Suicide will be making another comeback.

Does this spell the end for Kazaniels / Bad Influence? Given their current popularity (or should that be notoriety?) its hard to imagine they will split. I'm guessing its more likely to be one of the recent Gut Check contenders...possibly the Mexican Lucha Libre guy who wore a mask?

Anyway, I suppose the main question is, what will be his role, given much of the current roster have fairly tenuous / non-existent storylines, unless they're involved with the Aces & Eights?

Also interesting was what happened to the A&E Vice President after he messed up DOC's match with Magnus. I sense an imminent face turn.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Suicide to return to TNA / D-Lo Face Turn? Empty Re: Suicide to return to TNA / D-Lo Face Turn?

Post by Hero Mon May 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Of anyone they could bring into TNA then they pick a non-entity that originated in a failure of a console game.

And this was picked by the TNA fanbase which makes it even worse.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Suicide to return to TNA / D-Lo Face Turn? Empty Re: Suicide to return to TNA / D-Lo Face Turn?

Post by dyrewolfe Mon May 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Lol! They're giving wrestling fans a bad name!

Have to agree though, Suicide looks like he should be one of the bad guys in an Avengers movie.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon May 13, 2013 1:21 pm

How much do you believe the TNA controlled vote? I would imagine Suicide is on the list so if the others are unavailable that week they can dress anyone in the suit and blame/credit it on the fans.

Of all the things TNA need to do to improve, I imagine giving D'Lo Brown a more prominent role on TV would be top of everyones list!

I want to like TNA - I did for a while but it is such a chore to watch atm.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon May 13, 2013 1:24 pm

I dont get why everyone is down on someone they dont know under the mask.

Everyone is creaming themselves for El Generico but hating on Suicide.

Haters gonna Hate.

(for the record, if he is used in the X Division, then why not? Other than that, I dont give two hoots about Suicide!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon May 13, 2013 1:28 pm

I'm sending an IWC hitsquad after you Adam for daring to compare El Generico and Suicide. Only problem is they don't leave their basement. Well I'll get them to send you an abusive meme.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon May 13, 2013 1:28 pm

I never really had a problem with the Suicide character as an X-Division filler - the main issue for me was that it was a waste of Daniels or Kaz.

Not knowing El Generico, but isn't he known for having a really good character, cutting top promos and being a good wrestler? What is Suicide known for?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon May 13, 2013 1:31 pm

The point I was making is that Suicide will be played by someone new. They might be amazing at all the things that Generico is good at.

Its different if for example you said Rey Mysterio is coming back because we know its Rey! But with Suicide, he could be amazing this time around (although I am willing to concede he is likely to be filler material).

I am willing to give him just as much as a chance as I am El Generico. But then again, I have a more open mind than most.....#zing!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon May 13, 2013 1:35 pm

If it was a new amazing wrestler, surely lumbering them with a character which has been played by three men previously and spent a large amount of time jobbing on Explosion is going to harm their chances of getting over?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon May 13, 2013 1:45 pm

suicide will no doubt end up as x-division champion.......when was that date again where the x-division champ can give up his title to get a shot at the world title? or has that been forgotten about now?
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon May 13, 2013 2:13 pm

It was at the Destination X ppv, one of the 8 that were scrapped. More long term thinking there!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Adam D wrote:I dont get why everyone is down on someone they dont know under the mask.

Everyone is creaming themselves for El Generico but hating on Suicide.

Haters gonna Hate.

(for the record, if he is used in the X Division, then why not? Other than that, I dont give two hoots about Suicide!)

That statement makes no sense though, El Generico has and always will be the same character played by the same person, the fact that he has (or did) have a mask is irreverent, it's still the same person. Personally, I don't see why there is a problem with bringing Suicide back, he's an established name with a bit of history in the X-Division who adds to the growing numbers... Plus i highly doubt it will be either Kaz or Daniels who plays the character, they'll have somebody new lined up thumbsup

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 pm

El Generico's greatest strength is his ability to connect with the crowd beyond the mask and draw huge babyface sympathy, he reminds me a lot of a prime Rey Mysterio, it isn't all about wrestling.

Personally I think Suicide should be brought back, in order to turn Kazaniels face, have aces and eights get Kazaniels fired, then have them return as Suicide and Curry man, they win back there contracts and join the fight against A&8s, Kazaniels vs Team 3D could be a huge match

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon May 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Well if suicide does come back then thats good, cause with the x division being triple threat matches, you need new faces (or old ones returning) otherwise its the same match all the time.

In regards to D- lo face turn i hope the just give him a beat down and he disappears, maybe goes back to working behind the scenes.

I really doubt we gonna see him beating his chest saying "you better recgonise" and delivering the Sky High to Bully and Frog splash to D-von

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon May 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Adam, it's ridiculous to say that if someone likes El Generico they must also like Suicide!

The mask is only one part of their act.

Unless you also consider Kane and Sin Cara to have the same gimmick.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm

crippledtart wrote:Adam, it's ridiculous to say that if someone likes El Generico they must also like Suicide!

The mask is only one part of their act.

Unless you also consider Kane and Sin Cara to have the same gimmick.

I hope you are not suggesting that I am deliberately causing debate?

In all seriousness, the point I am making is a valid one - Suicide who turns up next week is a wrestler that hasnt been seen before. Its nothing to do with the mask in fairness although it hides who the wrestler is.

The point I was making very badly, is that everyone is down on this "new" wrestler (but old character) but very high on El Generico.

Its standard anti TNA sentiment - TNA debuted masked wrestler = bad but WWE debuting masked wrestler = good.

I hope I cleared up what I was trying to say!

And once again, I am not saying its going to be good, just that I am going to give him a chance before I condemn it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon May 13, 2013 4:38 pm

I think the problem is that the gimmick's terrible.

Similarly, if WWE announced it was reprising the Golga gimmick it would widely be considered a negative move, regardless of who was wearing the mask.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon May 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Thats clutching. "TNA mask = bad - WWE mask = good." Im not sure people are even questioning the mask as the problem. Sin Cara gets a lot of criticism too.

Although, all my anger is aimed towards Abyss

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon May 13, 2013 7:22 pm

its not the mask it's who's under it
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed May 15, 2013 4:21 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Thats clutching. "TNA mask = bad - WWE mask = good." Im not sure people are even questioning the mask as the problem. Sin Cara gets a lot of criticism too.

Although, all my anger is aimed towards Abyss

Well, he may not be as likeable as Joseph Park, but Team TNA were due a win and having Abyss put Anderson through a table was more believable than his lawyer alter-ego. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 pm

It's the wrong person. He's still god awful to watch and there's no gain for him to do it. Wasted Magnus on a silly attack story

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down