The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan takes swipe at Brook

+17
J.Benson II
Rowley
PPVxHOTTY
hogey
seanmichaels
milkyboy
OasisBFC
superflyweight
TopHat24/7
sittingringside
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Haito
TRUSSMAN66
Diggers
hazharrison
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Khan takes swipe at Brook Empty Khan takes swipe at Brook

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 May 2013, 10:17 am

Amir Khan has stated in an interview with the Sun paper that he knew Brook would DUCK Alexandra because Brook is not the type of man to take on tough fights????

hmmm

He went on to say that the reason he will not fight Brook is because ''He is not on my radar''....''He has not earned a fight with Amir Khan, and is not on my level''

This coming from a man who believes in his head that he deserves a fight with Mayweather.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Khan takes swipe at Brook Empty Re: Khan takes swipe at Brook

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 10:21 am

He's right about Brook though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 10 May 2013, 10:22 am

He'll need Brook if he does land the Mayweather fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 May 2013, 10:27 am

azania wrote:He's right about Brook though.

How is that az.

If I recall Alexanda was giving Brook the run around hoping to get a fight with Mayweather instead.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 10:31 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
azania wrote:He's right about Brook though.

How is that az.

If I recall Alexanda was giving Brook the run around hoping to get a fight with Mayweather instead.

Probably basing it on the previous 7 years in his career where he's pretty much fought nobody and never stepped into the ring without being an odds on favourite.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 10:36 am

Anybody really think Brook is a ducker.........

Doesn't strike me as the ducking type.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Fri 10 May 2013, 10:39 am

The next 18 months is make or break for Kell Brook for me. Hes 27 now, entering his peak years hes not a youngster anymore. He now needs to consistently raise his level of opponent. If he doesnt then its game over for Kell on a world level.

The alexander fight needed to happen really. A win could have set up a showdown with Khan and i think thats a fight Kell could also win. Amir would be the busier and land more but Brook can punch from some great angles and with Khan's vulnerability it would only be a matter of time before Amir would have his two round collapse where he goes to pieces after he gets tagged hard and id back Brook to finish it.

Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 May 2013, 10:40 am

Khan is just making excuses to not take a massive fight in England.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 10:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Anybody really think Brook is a ducker.........

Doesn't strike me as the ducking type.

Well he certainly doesn't strike me as the go getting type either. He might have been unlucky with Alexander but he really has taken a very slow and safe route to get where he has.
If Khan had taken the same career path god alone knows how much stick he would have got.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 10:46 am

People moan about Khan being chucked in too early..........

and then they moan when a guy takes time to learn his craft..

27 is young these days.......Top fighters like Martinez, Floyd, Froch, Hoppo and Manny will tell you that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 10:51 am

Just because some boxers are having long careers doesn't mean all of them are. You can always single out a few careers in any era.
If you look at the first 7-8 years of the careers of the guys you mentioned had all done 10 times what Brook has done so far.
The simple facts are that we really don't know anything about how Brook will cope at the top level. His whole career he's fought guys he was expected to will comfortably and the one half decent guy he fought gave him all sorts of problems.
People want Brook to do well because at his best he looks brilliant, a potential British great.....but that's all it is potential and after 7 years it should be more than that.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 10:53 am

Larry Holmes was 28 when he became World champion.....Hopkins was 29.........

Plenty of time to have a great career.........for Kell.

We don't know how anybody will cope at World level....but my guess is he'll be okay.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 10 May 2013, 10:54 am

Do I need to say any more, exactly the type of rubbish that rubs me about Khan

Brook getting an injury is ducking? Khan is just plain stupid. Anyone who's seen brook in interviews can tell he just looks deflated and was obviously distraught about the injury

Brook isn't on his level, but khan is on floyd's. Haha, I've heard it all now. The guy was almost knocked out by Diaz and was knocked out by Garcia. Khan is closer to Brook than he is Floyd and Brook would probably knock Khan out

Brook's career is struggling but not for the reason's khans stated. He needs to return from the injury quick and maybe look for the Maidana-Lopez winner before moving onto the likes of Guerrero, Alexander, Ortiz etc

Khan-Brook would be a huge fight for British boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Fri 10 May 2013, 10:55 am

There is a happy medium Truss. Brook isnt young anymore at 27 and for me needs to be more active especially coming into his peak years. He is an obvious talent. It would be a great shame if he doesnt fulfil his true ability.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 10 May 2013, 10:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People moan about Khan being chucked in too early..........

and then they moan when a guy takes time to learn his craft..

27 is young these days.......Top fighters like Martinez, Floyd, Froch, Hoppo and Manny will tell you that..

I agree, too much is made of becoming a world champ early so that they can weight hop. Ortiz was a young champ, as was Berto, Brook draws bigger crowds then both of them and both of those are at crossroads in there careers

Khan is younger but he's burnt out imo and is declining somewhat

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 10:59 am

Wilfred benitez was finished at 24.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 11:01 am

Arnie used to say...

It's not the speed you arrive at the top...It's can you stay there when you do....

Klit and Hoppo aren't finished..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 10 May 2013, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 11:04 am

Probably the closest they'll come to fighting at this rate

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 11:05 am

So Truss you think that preparing for a career at the top should involve fighting nobody for 7 years ?
I think he would be the first great fighter who ever took that route to the top.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 May 2013, 11:13 am

Why don't Khan offer to fight Brook?

Its a big fight that will sell.

Can anyone give me a sensible reason why Khan, being the frontrunner in British boxing that he sees himself as, won't take this fight???

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 11:15 am

If the money's right he will. But why prepare to fight Brook who will bottle it again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 11:17 am

Classic domestic animosity, could make for a good fight down the way a little, and if Brook improves a little/Khan fails to recover form, then I'd give him a good chance as well. I think Brook knows this has to wait though, he isn't quite on the same level yet and it will be bigger in the next couple of years.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 May 2013, 11:19 am

azania wrote:If the money's right he will. But why prepare to fight Brook who will bottle it again.

Khan can make a lot of money from this fight.

Brook wants the fight. Whats wrong with Khan? why not take the fight and be a man. Stop b**ching behind peoples back and offer the fight with Brook. After being spanked by Garcia he has fought a Latin midgit postman and a Tijuana bin man.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 11:21 am

And what credit does Khan get of he beats Brook at welter. Zilch. Because everyone will say that Brook really was just a hype job who had never fought anyone and of he couldn't knock Khan out at Welter he must just be useless.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 11:22 am

[quote="ONETWOFOREVER"]
azania wrote: After being spanked by Garcia he has fought a Latin midgit postman and a Tijuana bin man.

The sad fact being that if Brook had fought these two they'd be up there as the marquee names on his resume.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 10 May 2013, 11:30 am

Diggers wrote:And what credit does Khan get of he beats Brook at welter. Zilch. Because everyone will say that Brook really was just a hype job who had never fought anyone and of he couldn't knock Khan out at Welter he must just be useless.

A hell of a lot more than getting wins over powder punching lightweight and a past it euro level fighter

Khan gets his biggest payday and will get credit there's no doubt

What Khan doesn't need is another KO loss and then Brook becoming a champ as he'll get the short side of te purse whereas atm he will get the lions share of the money. Brook beats his next opponent and then they should fight

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 11:33 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
Diggers wrote:And what credit does Khan get of he beats Brook at welter. Zilch. Because everyone will say that Brook really was just a hype job who had never fought anyone and of he couldn't knock Khan out at Welter he must just be useless.

A hell of a lot more than getting wins over powder punching lightweight and a past it euro level fighter

Khan gets his biggest payday and will get credit there's no doubt

What Khan doesn't need is another KO loss and then Brook becoming a champ as he'll get the short side of te purse whereas atm he will get the lions share of the money. Brook beats his next opponent and then they should fight

I agree that they should fight, I think it needs 1/2 years to be viable though. Although it's a pointless bit of trash talk from Khan, he's right in saying Brook isn't on his level.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 11:34 am

Will it really be a big pay day for Khan ? Brook is pretty much unknown outside British boxing circles, where is the big TV audience and really big bucks for this one ?
Its a decent pay day but then again so would any big fight in the States for Khan.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 11:38 am

Other than Hatton who has Brook fought? Khan is the man in Britain. Brook is unknown outside Yorkshire (great county that it is)

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 11:41 am

If Brook beats Alexander or one of the other Welterweight champs and defends against a creditable opponent, then I hope the fight gets made in short time afterwards.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 11:44 am

Diggers wrote:Will it really be a big pay day for Khan ? Brook is pretty much unknown outside British boxing circles, where is the big TV audience and really big bucks for this one ?
Its a decent pay day but then again so would any big fight in the States for Khan.

Kessler is unknown out of British boxing circles and it's a big fight with froch he's having.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 10 May 2013, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 11:46 am

sittingringside wrote:If Brook beats Alexander or one of the other Welterweight champs and defends against a creditable opponent, then I hope the fight gets made in short time afterwards.

Completely agree. hopefully Khan will have beaten someone at welter by then and if would be a cracking match up.
Right now I don't really see what Brook brings to the table for Khan to be honest.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 10 May 2013, 11:50 am

Diggers wrote:Will it really be a big pay day for Khan ? Brook is pretty much unknown outside British boxing circles, where is the big TV audience and really big bucks for this one ?

Uh it's an all British fight, who cares if Brook is unknown in the US. The big TV audience, sky sports. Groves-Degale did as many PPV buys as Khan-Judah in the UK showing how Khan isnt as big a draw as he thinks he is

Looking at Groves-degale success, Khan-Brook will be huge and a lot of money will be made through Sky boxoffice

Khan doesn't want Garcia or Peterson, barring Floyd who else can he get the sort of money he can get against Brook

I do think that given a year it could be bigger (could be smaller too) but Khan's interview is just BS as contradictory

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 11:54 am

khan vs Brook would be a big fight.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 11:55 am

Uh it's an all British fight, who cares if Brook is unknown in the US. The big TV audience, sky sports. Groves-Degale did as many PPV buys as Khan-Judah in the UK showing how Khan isnt as big a draw as he thinks he is

Looking at Groves-degale success, Khan-Brook will be huge and a lot of money will be made through Sky boxoffice

Khan doesn't want Garcia or Peterson, barring Floyd who else can he get the sort of money he can get against Brook

I do think that given a year it could be bigger (could be smaller too) but Khan's interview is just BS as contradictory

So simple question. How much purse money has Khan made in his career and how much has Brook made ? Has Brook made a tenth in the same amount of time ?
If its a big fight its all because of Khan and his career, not because of Brooks padded out record.
Will someone tell me how many fighters on Brooks record look better than Molina or Diaz ? Both of whom have done more than Brook has actually achieved thus far.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 11:56 am

Khan signed to fight peterson until LP decided to continue cheating. He has stated many times he wants Garcia. Why do his haters lie so much? Too many issues mate.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 12:06 pm

Boxers chat rubbish. It's a pointless cheap shot from Khan, but he is right to be fair, and I would say the same for Mayweather were he to talk down Khan's credentials for facing him. Brook simply is not on Khan's level currently. To be fair I'm not sure if this fight would be Brook's first choice either since if it was made now he wouldn't be fighting for a strap and the 'world champion'/'former world champion' is a careers worth of better paydays and bigger fights.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 12:28 pm

Brook's never been floored, hits hard, has fast hands and throws some tasty combinations. He a genuine WW who has rightfully earned a shot at a World Title. The fact he was injured is hardly a reason to dismiss him as a possible opponent.

Khan is dipping his toes in the WW division by taking on former lightweight Champions at a catchweight. I fail to see the difference between a guy who was a champion at a lower weight and a guy who fringe world level at the proper weight. If Khan doesn't think Brook will pose him any problems, why not take the fight? He knows full well that this is a guaranteed sell-out PPV event which will make him a lot of money. he was happy to take on Paul McLosky, why not Kell?

Khan should also be aware that there's only a slight chance of Mayweather choosing him as his next opponent as there are bigger better fights out there for Floyd.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 12:29 pm

Be nice If before he finishes the kid would actually lose a fight and it's his fault...

Prescott - Poor matchmaking.........
Petersen - Juicing..forget the fact he chucked rounds a way.
Garcia - Roach never taught him how to defend...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 12:32 pm

Probably why he won't fight Brook

"I was suffering with Altitude sickness on the drive over the Pennines!"

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 10 May 2013, 12:41 pm

At best, Brook is the Khan what Khan is to Mayweather.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 12:44 pm

You guys are missing the main point......

If Khan didn't think Brook was worth it he wouldn't be writing about him in his twitter..........

That validates Brook in itself..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 12:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You guys are missing the main point......

If Khan didn't think Brook was worth it he wouldn't be writing about him in his twitter..........

That validates Brook in itself..
Jon Thaxton must be gutted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 10 May 2013, 1:20 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Probably the closest they'll come to fighting at this rate

Have to fear for Khan's chin if Brook takes a swipe back.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 1:23 pm

Khan beats Brook fairly comfortably with no hiccups.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 1:25 pm

azania wrote:Khan beats Brook fairly comfortably with no hiccups.
Nope, Khan may win but no way this is a walk in the park for him. He's delicate enough to be put in trouble if Brook lands even half cleanly.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 1:33 pm

Brook is not that good.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 1:34 pm

azania wrote:Brook is not that good.
He doesn't have to be...Khan has shown his vulnerability against far less skilled fighters like Maidana

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 10 May 2013, 1:37 pm

if maidana can't get shut of khan, i don't think light punching brook will have much success.

brook has little power, and that was at euro level. it will be non existent at world level.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 10 May 2013, 1:38 pm

if maidana can't get shut of khan, i don't think light punching brook will have much success.

brook has little power, and that was at euro level. it will be non existent at world level.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next