The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there too much potential in the WWE?

+6
Dr Gregory House MD
GSC
Bull
Hero
Makaveli
psycho-gooner
10 posters

Go down

Is there too much potential in the WWE? Empty Is there too much potential in the WWE?

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:18 pm

Is there too much talent in WWE and not enough space at the top to accommodate all of them?

In recent years, WWE have seriously stepped up their game by signing up a plethora of talented Indy wrestlers who have the 'IT' factor in wrestling. But as I watch NXT,Raw, SD, I wonder if all the talent I see will really live up to the place they deserve on the wrestling card.

If we take a look at the ''future'' of WWE now, you're almost spoiled for choice:

RAW/Smackdown[/u]

(ages in brackets)

Alberto Del Rio (35)
Dolph Ziggler (32)
Wade Barrett (32)
Antonio Cesaro (32)
The Miz (32)
Daniel Bryan (31)
Ryback (31)
Jack Swagger (31)
Damien Sandow (31)
Dean Ambrose (27)
Big E Langston (27)
Cody Rhodes (27)
Roman Reigns (27)
Seth Rollins (26)

NXT

Leo Kruger (33)
Kassius Ohno (33)
Adrian Neville (26)
Bray Wyatt (25)

and this is without including anyone who hasn't made their television debut.

Is there enough space for everyone to reach their potential?

Who out of this group would you push to: Main event level/upper mid-card/mid-card/tag-team division

nb:apologies if there are any glaring omissions, feel free to bring them into the thread OK

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Is there too much potential in the WWE? Empty Re: Is there too much potential in the WWE?

Post by Makaveli Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:30 pm

Ryback, Bryan and Swagger in the main event, I think these guys have everything there, as long as Zeb is the mouthpiece of Swagger he can go all the way, the only issue is how long can character last.

Although still young so doesnt need to be rushed, ambrose is good enough to be an upper midcard wrestler, as with cesareo

Still think Ziggy is over rated and nower near main event level, but is ok for mid card, along with BIG E and barret.

tagteam wise, rhodes scholars should remain, the remaining 2 shield members, r-truth and someone.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Is there too much potential in the WWE? Empty Re: Is there too much potential in the WWE?

Post by Hero Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:37 pm

Fandango despite the short shelf life gimmick I can now see being around for some time, he's 31.

There's El Generico (Sami Zayn) aged 28 and looking increasingly likely that Sami Callihan aged 25 also as part of NXT in the near future. I also believe Kevin Steen will be the next guy that WWE go to acquire. I just can't see him resisting the lure of reuniting with Generico and Seth Rollins and also being able to go against the likes of Punk and DB.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:59 pm

Where is Rhodes on the list?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:03 pm

Right below Big E, and right above Reigns I think.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:10 pm

Is Cody Rhodes 27 now, jeezo how time flys

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:48 pm

I think it's weird looking at it now, because a lot of these guys can be considered possible main eventers, but I'm sure similar things have happened in the past and naturally it's whittled down to a few. Some will get injured, or fired, or fail to get over and eventually you'll be left with the 2-3 guys who are actual main eventers.

The worrying thing is that WWE don't seem to have pushed any of these guys significantly enough to get them to the level of even Punk or Orton, nevermind Cena's level. At 31, Cena was right at the top of WWE.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 27 Apr 2013, 6:06 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Is Cody Rhodes 27 now, jeezo how time flys

Makes you sound about 40 years old. Weirdly, Rhodes is one of the few WWE seem to like but dont want to rush. Hes got charisma and ring skills, I really think he could be a very good face for them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 27 Apr 2013, 6:10 pm

Crimey wrote:I think it's weird looking at it now, because a lot of these guys can be considered possible main eventers, but I'm sure similar things have happened in the past and naturally it's whittled down to a few. Some will get injured, or fired, or fail to get over and eventually you'll be left with the 2-3 guys who are actual main eventers.

The worrying thing is that WWE don't seem to have pushed any of these guys significantly enough to get them to the level of even Punk or Orton, nevermind Cena's level. At 31, Cena was right at the top of WWE.

Who do you think those 2-3 will be?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 27 Apr 2013, 6:22 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:
Crimey wrote:I think it's weird looking at it now, because a lot of these guys can be considered possible main eventers, but I'm sure similar things have happened in the past and naturally it's whittled down to a few. Some will get injured, or fired, or fail to get over and eventually you'll be left with the 2-3 guys who are actual main eventers.

Who do you think those 2-3 will be?

I honestly have no idea.

If I was going to pick from that list, I'd probably say Antonio Cesaro, Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns.

They're not necessarily who'd I want, just who I think will be the top guys.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:18 pm

I am interested to see how they are gonna mess Big E up. ten bucks has it ending with him being a cheap Mark Henry knock-off. Which will fail, because he is not huge!

Rollins will win a major title within two years.
Fivev years ago I would have said Ambrose ends up at house shows and NXT like Tyson Kidd, but the E seems to be giving guys with a core fanbase of Single White Males, I mean Indy fans a chance to come through and shine
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:40 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Is Cody Rhodes 27 now, jeezo how time flys

Makes you sound about 40 years old. Weirdly, Rhodes is one of the few WWE seem to like but dont want to rush. Hes got charisma and ring skills, I really think he could be a very good face for them.

Reading that back it does yeh, but he was very young when he came in to the 'E and he was hanging around the main event with Legacy when he was still about my age.

Obviously he's not old but in my head I still associated in with being in his very early 20's.

I agree he could do a good turn as a face, he's got that sort of athletic yet vunerable style that you would more natuarly associate with a face.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 28 Apr 2013, 7:28 am

I completely agree, I always say there aren't that many "stars" but I was trying to write about the guys I'd love to see get the push or a bigger one and the list was way too long for it to be possible.

The guys out of your list above are:

Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, Jack Swagger, Dean Ambrose, Big E Langston, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Kassius Ohno, Adrian Neville and Bray Wyatt.

Out of that list though the 5 guys I'd like to get the biggest pushes are Ziggler, Cesaro, Bray Wyatt and The Shield members (I know that's 6 all together)

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down