The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania 29, which match would you prefer close the show?

+11
DDT
Shot 21 LCFC
Hero
Sara
Enforcer
TheCultOfPersonality
Kay Fabe
theundisputedY2D2
MetalMotty
NickisBHAFC
gaffer_reborn
15 posters

Go down

Wrestlemania 29, which match would you prefer close the show? Empty Wrestlemania 29, which match would you prefer close the show?

Post by gaffer_reborn Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 7:20

According to Wrestling Inc., The Rock is not currently scheduled to appear on this week’s Raw from Pittsburgh, marking the second consecutive episode that the current WWE champion would not be on the show.

The Rock may be promoting the WWE while he is working on his shows or attending movie premieres, but the damage being done to the main-event storyline for WrestleMania 29 is undeniable.

With this in mind, which match would you prefer close the show? Rock vs Cena or Undertaker vs CM Punk?

I would prefer Undertaker Punk to end the show, whilst many people may feel that wwe went to far having punk interrupt the Paul Bearer tribute and steel the Urn, it has given the storyline/feud a sense of legitimacy it didn't have a few weeks ago.

Also i think having it end the show would put that little bit of doubt in peoples minds that the streak may just be broken.

Whilst i would prefer this to end the night, im under no illusion that wwe will have its "blockbuster" Cena vs Rock match for the title as its main event.

gaffer_reborn

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 29, which match would you prefer close the show? Empty Re: Wrestlemania 29, which match would you prefer close the show?

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 15:27

I personally would like the streak match to the end the show. If the streak does mean more than any title in the WWE, it should end the show. Also the rock vs cena is going to bore me this year, as its 100% obvious who is going to win.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 29, which match would you prefer close the show? Empty Re: Wrestlemania 29, which match would you prefer close the show?

Post by MetalMotty Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 15:30

Its has to be Rock V Cena, two biggest stars, grudge match and its for the title.

Doesnt matter if it obvious who is going to win the match. As if the streak is gonna be broken!

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 17:58

As much as I'd love for CM Punk to headline Wrestlemania, it should be the WWE title match that closes the show. I'm not really a fan of having the (supposedly) most important title in the world being in the semi-main event, although I can see why they would do it for certain matches such as Taker-HBK II, Rock-Cena and John Cena-John Laurinaitis..... Shocked

In this case though, Rock-Cena II should be on last.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 18:53

Rock/Cena definitely, this is likely to be the final chapter of the two year storyline, we all expect Cena to win but its how he wins that will be of most interest, will he do it like the man he's been all these years and win it through hard work and guts or will he be so consumed with getting his win back over The Rock that he'll be proven to be aligned with the Shield...there is far more to the after match of the Rock/Cena match than Taker/Punk so for me that's the reason it should and likely will end the show

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 22:18

CM Punk deserves to main event Mania with the year he's had. But I think the WWE title match should and probably will end Wrestlemania. I feel the Streak is to predictable to end the show. The Rock vs Cena is somewhat intruiging as you don't know how the match will end, even though most know that Cena is going to win but how?

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 22:27

The only reason for Punk to go on last is if the streak are to be taken and I can't see that happening. Even then Rock Cena has been building since Wrestlemania 27 so should be considered the main event.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 12:07

I would love Punk to be the last match on and he thoroughly deserves that but I always think the title match should be the main event.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 12:13

I think it should be the hinted at feud of Jericho v Fandango, well that's a feud of the ages, it's been built so well and the lure of it being based on the gimmick of Fandango and that Jericho has appeared on Dancing with the Stars sends shivers down my spine. They could have Len Goodman as guest referee and Bruce Forsyth as ring Enforcer.

BOOK IT!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 12:20

Wait, wait, wait - CJ might be facing Fandango???? What in the blue hell has he done to deserve that?! CJ deserves something much better

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 12:38

Why? What has Jericho done in the last year to even merit a WrestleMania pay-cheque? He got a ridiculous spot last year, Fandango is about his le vel these days

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 13:13

He deserves better purely for his talent and the fact that he can put on an excellent match.....you could say the same for the Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and Triple H - CJ has been around much more than those guys in the past 12 months. I love the idea of a verbal confrontation with him and Fandango but Fandango should be nowhere near the Wrestlemania card.

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 13:34

Dont diss Fandango. The man can tango!!! If he isnt going to end the streak this year or be added into the Rock/Cena match then going over Jericho is the next best thing.

Now let me hear you say his name. Remember to breathe in the A's...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 14:36

Haha, Jericho has an excellent foxtrot in his locker Smile

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Thu 21 Mar 2013 - 0:25

The Rock v John Cena should close the show, as they are both bigger stars than Cm punk, Undertaker, Lesnar and Triple H. Not to mention that there match is for the wwe title, the most prestigious belt in wwe history.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 21 Mar 2013 - 0:32

Jericho vs Fandango is hilarious, probably harsh on Jericho, who despite being overrated and the worlds most glorified jobber in the past few years probably has a bit more name value than a debut for a guy whos never wrestled on the main shows yet (i think) with a character that appears to have no legs.

Would be brilliant if Fandango went over though

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 21 Mar 2013 - 7:55

If he is given a Wrestlemania match against Chris Jericho then the WWE must be keen on him. Regardless of if he wins or not, he has only just debuted and hasnt yet had a match on Raw or Smackdown. If they are going to give him a big name like Jericho on the grandest stage of all, then it seems like they may push him. The burning sign and stage tassells when he came out last Raw as well. They seem to be making quite a big deal out of him.

Im going to be quite controversial right now and say that I am actually quite liking him at this moment in time. Okay, the tango dancing is a bit lame, but I quite like him on the mic with the manner he talks in. Seems to be getting some heat as well so we will see where they go with him...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 21 Mar 2013 - 9:25

I like him, but I'm something of a fan of crappy gimmicks, he's done ok so far but I'm not sure how much legs the gimmick has

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 Mar 2013 - 9:49

I mentioned it on the podcast but why on earth do WWE have this constant fixation with wrestlers dancing?
Just because dance programmes are in vogue they seem to suddenly shoehorn dancing into wrestling? What next? Kassius Ohno debuting with a baking cupcakes gimmick?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 Mar 2013 - 10:03

Hero wrote:I mentioned it on the podcast but why on earth do WWE have this constant fixation with wrestlers dancing?
Just because dance programmes are in vogue they seem to suddenly shoehorn dancing into wrestling? What next? Kassius Ohno debuting with a baking cupcakes gimmick?

you do realise that this IS actually the gimmick of the Blossom Twins?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 9:27

Just read that they're planning to extend to pre-show to 2 or 3 matches, could we see the IC and U.S. Titles being defended on the pre-show! I say Yes!

Last edited by VDT on Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 10:35; edited 1 time in total
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 10:29

Sara wrote:Wait, wait, wait - CJ might be facing Fandango???? What in the blue hell has he done to deserve that?! CJ deserves something much better

When I first read this comment I thought you were talking about the bloke off eggheads.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 10:35

Double Post

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 10:40; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 10:39

It shows the difference in our thinking Crips....I immediately thought Pamela Anderson was making her return to WrestleMania

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down