The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter the Dragon - Was John Saxon miscast ???

4 posters

Go down

Enter the Dragon - Was John Saxon miscast ??? Empty Enter the Dragon - Was John Saxon miscast ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 9:52 pm

There has always been a big debate as to whether Saxon let Enter the Dragon down...............Me I think the film is perfect and I think he stole the movie.....

That Golf course scene is one of my favorite scenes of alltime...............He was the epitome of COOL........

However a lot of fans found his karate lacking and thought he was too old and a Chuck Norris type would have been better........

I disagree.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Enter the Dragon - Was John Saxon miscast ??? Empty Re: Enter the Dragon - Was John Saxon miscast ???

Post by Adam D Mon 11 Mar 2013, 9:56 pm

I always remember getting a copy of Cannibal Apocalypse from a market in South Wales when I was younger with John Saxon in.

What a legendary cult actor.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Enter the Dragon - Was John Saxon miscast ??? Empty Re: Enter the Dragon - Was John Saxon miscast ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 9:58 pm

I remember Blood beach............ Cool

Mr Cool............If I could pick a part to play in a movie it would be ROPER.......

But I couldn't play it any better..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:04 pm

Was Blood Beach the one where the victims (usually a young couple having it off) got sucked into the sand?

If it is, I remember seeing a documentary on it (might have been Jonathan Ross' Incredibly Strange Film Show).

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm

Yeah unfortunately the beach had no sense of timing.........Usually nailing them..... before he nailed her...

Burt Young out of Rocky starred too.....................

It was on youtube..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 12 Mar 2013, 12:19 pm

Love Saxon in that movie of which I am the biggest fan.
I am the BIGGEST FAN OF ENTER THE DRAGON.

Roper was cool. His karate was not the best but it was Bruces gig. Saxon tho did a good job of playing the slick American who entered HANS TOURNEMENT.

Remember he gave Bruce the thumbs up at the end and then the hellicopter turned up.

DERRR DE DE dede dip to dede dip tu DERRRRRRR DE DE de de de DERR DEDE DEDEDU DE DE DERRRRRRRRRRRR!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 12 Mar 2013, 6:42 pm

John Saxon as the robot in The Six Million Dollar Man - cool.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:00 pm

Saxon was approached to do Kung Fu before Carradine........

Something he withheld from Bruce Lee...during this movie.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down