The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The V2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th March - With Guests: TNA Ref Brian Stiffler and Darts Star Paul Nicholson

+4
Adam D
Hero
Dr Gregory House MD
Dolphin Ziggler
8 posters

Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th March - With Guests: TNA Ref Brian Stiffler and Darts Star Paul Nicholson Empty The V2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th March - With Guests: TNA Ref Brian Stiffler and Darts Star Paul Nicholson

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 07 Mar 2013, 12:15 am

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/03/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-with-guests-brian-stiffler-and-paul-nicholson.html

Good day to one and all!

We're back again with The V2 Wrestling Podcast with quite the bumper special for you. The whole team is on hand this week with Adam 'The Interview' Davey, Gavin 'The Brain' Duenas, 'Pretty Boy' Chris Wilkerson and Richard 'Hero' Hudson joined by some wonderful guests.

In Part One Adam and Gavin talk to TNA Referee Brian Stiffler joins the podcast all the way from America as the V2 Wrestling Podcasts gets to grips with the ins and outs of the refereeing world, Brian's career with TNA and some of the big moments this hugely respected referee has been involved in.

Part Two sees Hero and Chris discuss the week's Old School Monday Night Raw as we look at The Undertaker making his official return and finding his opponent for Wrestlemania 29. There are also some fond memories of Paul Bearer shared after his untimely passing this week. I am sure you will join us in wishing his family well at this sad time and offering respect to the man for his great work in the wrestling business.

Part Three sees us welcome old friend of the show Paul Nicholson back into mixer! Paul talks to us about his experience as a one night manager for Bobby Roode on the Road to Lockdown tour of the UK this year, the insights he gained into the characters backstage and much more before joining us for our world famous discussion section.

If anything Paul showed more intellect than we ever have in this part as we discussed Bret Hart's recent criticism of Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff. We focused on Hogan and went on to discuss his place in the industry since his departure from in-ring competition.

The debate moved on and we found ourselves wondering aloud whether we would allow children of our own to watch wrestling and whether they were really an acceptable target audience.

Follow both our guests on Twitter: @BrianStiffler for Brian Stiffler (Did you guess that already?!) and @TheAsset180 and @ModusDarts180 for more from Paul Nicholson!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th March - With Guests: TNA Ref Brian Stiffler and Darts Star Paul Nicholson Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th March - With Guests: TNA Ref Brian Stiffler and Darts Star Paul Nicholson

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 07 Mar 2013, 12:31 am

You couldn't get Brian to bring his mum then?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th March - With Guests: TNA Ref Brian Stiffler and Darts Star Paul Nicholson Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th March - With Guests: TNA Ref Brian Stiffler and Darts Star Paul Nicholson

Post by Hero Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:37 am

Paul Nicholson is an absolute quality guy btw, he patiently waited whilst I absolutely fell over my own tongue trying to ask him my first question and he was really open and honest with any question asked.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:16 pm

Any feedback?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:21 pm

The 2nd and 3rd bits were my fave!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:33 pm

I thought the Stiffler interview was the best bit because it had exactly 100% less Hero.

I really did enjoy part 3 and I thought it was a great topic to discuss.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:39 pm

Just finished listening to Brian Stiffler interviw Well Done Adam and Gavin, very interesting, I did enjoy it but with some of the question it seemed like he didn't wanna break kayfabe if that makes sense or maybe he didn't give away all the secrets of being a ref.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

Thats exactly right VDT - we didnt know he was going to stay in character so Gav and I realised as we went and changed tact!

I thought we did well under the circumstances!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:19 pm

Thought so coz I'm pretty sure its a big part of the refs job to know how long matches are meant to be and can even tell the wrestlers to wrap up earlier if the ref feels the crowd isn't feeling it.

Look forward to hear Nicolson on the long walk to work tomorrow!

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

Will be listening tomorrow lads OK

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:41 am

What a leg end Nicholson is, should try and get him back on for the Wrestlemania review! He has a new follower in me (@vandertodge)! Found Paul's school friend on twitter its @Assassiniod, should try and get him on, maybe have a mini school reunion on the podcast Ha!

With Kids watching wrestling, Both me and the wife like watching Wrestling so my Son who is 7 has really always watch it but he only watches Superstars and Experience (as its has all the really violent stuff edited out) on a Sunday morning which has turned into a family tradition. Like Hero's kids, my Joel finds Cena hilarious but his favourites are Rey and Sin Cara (who he calls Power Ranger) and Sheamus only coz Sheamus supports Liverpool!!!

Gonna listen to part 2 on the walk home!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

Did you enjoy how I completely fumbled my question on the podcast and then mucked up Cena's catchphase?

Worst thing is that I actually asked him that question 2 minutes prior to taping and did it fine, tape rolling and I became some gibbering fanboy.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:59 am

Yeah was it "I can't see you" Ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:14 pm

Yes picard

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:17 pm

You did sound abit star struck, Hero!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:21 pm

I was genuinely nervous! The rest of the guys are seasoned pros at talking with the stars but I get a proper bundle of nerves with it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:41 pm

I agree that Gavin and Chris are now seasoned but disagree about the "pro" bit.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:59 pm

And thats the bottom of the ninth, cos Stone Cold wants to!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 08 Mar 2013, 1:09 pm

Just finished listening to the Paul Nicholson part, and really enjoyed it. Was probably the best podcast I've heard from you. There was some really great insight, and Nicholson comes across as really passionate and knowledgble about wrestling.

My favourite part though was Hero's attempted Victoria Pendleton double entredre

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 08 Mar 2013, 1:13 pm

Hero was on fire for absolutely awful attempts at jokes.

I must ask, what did anyone think of the intro music mixed with the random wrestling quotes at the start of part one?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 08 Mar 2013, 1:55 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:And thats the bottom of the ninth, cos Stone Cold wants to!

And if you aint down with that, I have 3 words for you. Please Lick it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:02 pm

Just listened to the bit where I make the Victoria Pendleton quip and it got totally ignored by everyone else!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:39 pm

Hero wrote:Just listened to the bit where I make the Victoria Pendleton quip and it got totally ignored by everyone else!

I was going to say I cant remember it!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:27 pm

nicho's mate is on this company's roster http://www.mewrestling.co.uk/roster/
they have a show this evening aswell at Innisfree Social Club, Newcastle

As for letting children watch wrestling, yes, yes I would. I began watching when I was about 4/5 as dad had royal rumble 92 and a hulk hogan compilation video. with my first clear memory being the HBK vs Undertaker hell in a cell match

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm

I asked my dad and he said I was probably around 5 and that he hadnt ever thought it would affect me. I used to wrestle my cousins too, who were much older than me, and I think thats where I learned how to do a really good sleeper hold. This became evident in one of my only real fights at Primary School where I just moved around the lad who lunged at me and locked in the sleeper till he stopped fighting. But I was in a fight, so its not like I was chasing people around looking to hit them with chairs, it was just naturally how I defended myself.

Dad also made the same point as me; surely blood is a deterrent to kids showing that it does actually do damage

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

Just listened to the bit where Chris says Gav wanted us to discuss watching children do wrestling Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:45 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I asked my dad and he said I was probably around 5 and that he hadnt ever thought it would affect me. I used to wrestle my cousins too, who were much older than me, and I think thats where I learned how to do a really good sleeper hold. This became evident in one of my only real fights at Primary School where I just moved around the lass who lunged at me and locked in the sleeper till she stopped fighting. But I was in a fight, so its not like I was chasing people around looking to hit them with chairs, it was just naturally how I defended myself.

Did she tell teacher on you?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:46 pm

PS you all Jynxed nicho by having him on prior to a player championships :0

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 08 Mar 2013, 9:59 pm

Adam D wrote:
chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I asked my dad and he said I was probably around 5 and that he hadnt ever thought it would affect me. I used to wrestle my cousins too, who were much older than me, and I think thats where I learned how to do a really good sleeper hold. This became evident in one of my only real fights at Primary School where I just moved around the lass who lunged at me and locked in the sleeper till she stopped fighting. But I was in a fight, so its not like I was chasing people around looking to hit them with chairs, it was just naturally how I defended myself.

Did she tell teacher on you?

He came back out after seeing the teachers and tried to fight me again and I just locked it in again. Mum worked at the school and was livid with me!

Has he lost Tooze? I saw Van Gerwen beat Jelle in the most disturbing grudge match of all time

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:05 pm

Yeah lost 6-3 to a relative unknown

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down