The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Kill 2 Birds With One Stone (RAW Spoilers)

+4
Crimey
Kay Fabe
hodge
owen10ozzy
8 posters

Go down

How To Kill 2 Birds With One Stone (RAW Spoilers) Empty How To Kill 2 Birds With One Stone (RAW Spoilers)

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:24 am

Well that's showed us....just how do you put a year of misery to rest for John Cena, the WWE writers have the answer...

John Cena, after being reminded by CM Punk in the opening moments of Raw, has never beaten him. Nor was he able to beat The Rock at the big one. So to prove him wrong he will put his main event spot at Wrestlemania on the line next week when he goes 1 on 1 with the best in the world.

Should Cena prevail Punk is to scurry back to where he came from and shut the hell up. If Punk picks up the win he takes Cena's spot against The Rock.

Well those hoping to see a triple threat will be sorely disappointed. This is now clearly set up for Cena to overcome Punk before going on to defeat the Great One at Wrestlemania. Looking back I think Wrestlemania 29 will forever have the tagline 'Superman Returns' next to it!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

How To Kill 2 Birds With One Stone (RAW Spoilers) Empty Re: How To Kill 2 Birds With One Stone (RAW Spoilers)

Post by hodge Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:26 am

or something happens next week say Lesnar which causes a no result

hodge

Back to top Go down

How To Kill 2 Birds With One Stone (RAW Spoilers) Empty Re: How To Kill 2 Birds With One Stone (RAW Spoilers)

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:36 am

As much as I would like that to happen hodge I just don't see it. Cena had a torrid time last year and for me they did it for one reason only.

Knock him down to build him back up again. He got the Rumble victory, which was the only way they could sell the repeat of last years match without going back on the once in a lifetime tagline at Wrestlemania 28.

Punk has had his moment in the spotlight with his incredible (in modern times) title run and it's now time for him to step back out of the forefront and be replaced by Cena once more.

Victory over Punk followed by victory over Rock will, at least in the eyes of the writers be the ultimate rise from the ashes for Cena.

Had Cena actually been made to look weak over the past 12 months it's something I could climb on board with...the problem is he hasn't. Even when he was losing he wasn't losing clean and he still got some big wins..none more so than when he beat Lesnar (then no sold the beating he took in the match).

If you think about it the problem really is Cena because the writers actually wrote a pretty decent storyline but because he comes out smiling each week even when on one of the worst runs of his career...no sells his beatdowns & comes back from injury early all the time no one actually buys into the fact that he is overcoming all the losses, missed opportunities, coming back from being targeted by The Shield, Brock Lesnar etc!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:37 am

I hate the logic of it to be honest, Cena won the Rumble fair and square, he deserves his Title shot at WrestleMania, I hate when the Rumble winner puts his Title shot on the line when the Rumble result itself wasn't compromised, what exactly is the point of the Rumble if someone can just get a 1 on 1 match with the rumble winner for that coveted spot?

I don't like and never will, not unless two guys go over the top at the same time or one guy was eiliminated without the refs spotting it then eliminates the should be winner, things like that I can deal with, not a clean win as is was the case with Johnboy

I also don't get why they'd throw Punks record away like that, with that unbeaten record against Cena (even though its not really unbeaten) then it would have put Punk in a far better position as a challenger for Cena when he becomes Champ

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:00 am

Agreed.....but as we should all be aware of by now all logic goes out of the window when it comes to Johnboy.

I really don't want to this to become a 'John Cena Hate' thread but it's in the run up to such big events and when these storylines progress that we see just how much his 'character' & basically skills reduce the product.

As I said his happy go lucky, smiling demeanor and inability to sell a story really dilutes his feuds...in his 2 biggest feuds in the past 2 years he has for me been carried (granted he had a couple of good promo's in The Rock feud) but overall all the story telling, intensity and best parts came from his opponents (Rock & Punk)...in fact you could even add his mini feud with Brock to this mix.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:56 pm

Am I the only person who thinks that the possibility of a Triple Threat is more likely now? I didn't think there was a chance before this Raw where the fact that Punk is still involved rather than moving onto a different feud, Taker or Lesnar, means that a Triple Threat is becoming more likely.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:58 pm

Crimey wrote:Am I the only person who thinks that the possibility of a Triple Threat is more likely now? I didn't think there was a chance before this Raw where the fact that Punk is still involved rather than moving onto a different feud, Taker or Lesnar, means that a Triple Threat is becoming more likely.

I think so to. We could see any number of ways for no clear winner, giving both men a stake at Mania. I dont want The Sheild to interfere, thats just lazy booking.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:02 pm

I think its just a simple case of The Undertaker not being available last night, so with so many RAW's still available before WrestleMania they're just buying time by prolonging the inevitable moment when Rock and Cena can go into their feud full blown

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:08 pm

Also the fact that Rock isn't about for the next fortnight so it keeps Cena warm.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:16 pm

Can't see that, Gaffer.

Wouldn't logically make sense for Taker to return next week. It would need Punk to lose and then the following week he comes out, rants about beating everyone, longest reign etc. Best in the World blah blah blah and then the gong hits.

It still only leaves 5 weeks to build it up and as good as Punk is, i don't think you could really seem him coming off of a cheap loss to Cena and taking the streak.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 19 Feb 2013, 6:54 pm

So the guy whos meant to be the best on the world loses 3 ppv's straight? Be interesting if he does.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 7:39 pm

When I saw this article btw I thought Pistorius had one upped himself.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:05 pm

Beer wrote:Can't see that, Gaffer.

Wouldn't logically make sense for Taker to return next week. It would need Punk to lose and then the following week he comes out, rants about beating everyone, longest reign etc. Best in the World blah blah blah and then the gong hits.

It still only leaves 5 weeks to build it up and as good as Punk is, i don't think you could really seem him coming off of a cheap loss to Cena and taking the streak.

I agree with you, I don't think Punk could look like taking the streak regardless of this match with Cena, he looked like a complete coward against Ryback for the last couple of months of the year then he lost his two high profile PPV matches of the year so far to Rock, so I don't think he'd ever look capable of doing what Shawn Michaels couldn't, however the closer it gets that's the road I think they'll go down even if its not the one I'd like them to go down

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down