The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft

4 posters

Go down

49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft Empty 49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 06 Feb 2013, 10:37 pm

Right now, I doubt any player desperately needed drops to pick 31. I'd be all for a trade up if the price isn't too steep but this mock revolves around a trade down.

I'm trading away our 31st pick for the 39th, 74th and 105th picks of the New York Jets, thus allowing them to move up for a QB. But you could easily pick any QB needy team as a trade partner here. I'm also giving the 49ERS two third rounders that I think will come, one compensatory and one from Cleveland for Alex Smith.

Round Two pick 39: Jesse Williams, DE/NT, Alabama

I like Williams and think he fits the mold of a 49er all over based on our current defense. A great run stuffer who I think can develop adequate pass rushing skills. Adept at playing either inside on the nose or as a five tech, I think he brings an intimidating figure and immediate impact whether it be aas a starter or backup learning from the master.

49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft Jesse-Williams-Alabama

Round Two pick 61: Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

I think he is better than this draft placement but think he could run average 40 time and drop. He is training with Revis right now and should learn a hell of a lot in that case. He is big, physical and rarely is out of place. He is a good tackler and is used to being on an island in some respects.

49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft 121231134644-logan-ryan-p1-single-image-cut

Round Three pick 74 (from Jets): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

Raw with character concerns but big, fast and can high point a ball well. I see him having an early impact a little like Josh Gordon for the Browns last season.

49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft 940x

Round Three pick 76 (from Carolina): Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern

People might not like the idea of drafting both Brandon and his namesake Jesse but I love it. Lack of depth in the defensive front was obvious and with Sopoaga likely gone, this pick is a smart one. I was seriously impressed with Williams in the Senior Bowl game itself, but even more so after his stellar week of practice, cementing himself as a small school gem.

49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft 380314_10152325375850106_1512398846_n

Round Three pick 95: Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

A overreaction to his senior bowl week? maybe, but he is fast, dynamic and shut down good receivers in his first ever attempt and facing top D1 guys.

Round Three (Compensatory Pick): Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M

I see WR as a big need still and love the idea of Swope. Solid but not spectacular, he is a reliable target who is severely underrated.

Round Four Pick 105: JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern

Another small school standout and potential future starter, nice range.

Round four pick 127: Joe Kruger, DE, Utah

A bit like Jesse Williams, just looks like 49er to me, high effort, high intensi guy who can still grow.

Round Five pick 151: Kyler Reed, TE, Nebraska

Tweener prospect with good blocking skills and great speed. Nice option if Walker can't be resigned.

Round Five pick 158: Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State

Duh

Round Six pick 171: Cornelious Washington, OLB, Georgia

People want OLB depth but bear in mind that Cam Johnson and Darius Fleming are two good players who will be back next season. No need to take one higher than this.

Round Six pick 190: Washaun Ealey, RB, Jacksonville State

Big time recruit not so long ago, similar size to Gore and could pay off in long run.

7th rounders would be developmental guys, maybe a QB like Alex Carder too.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft Empty Re: 49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 07 Feb 2013, 6:19 pm

I currently have Ezekiel Ansah as the 49ers first pick. I like Ryan Swope but would be surprised if he ends up anywhere but the Dolphins. That's sort of my draft 'banker' pick.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

I have no idea about who is projected in the first round etc, but do you not think we need to target a possible starting safety in the first 2 rounds

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 07 Feb 2013, 9:11 pm

BamBam wrote:I have no idea about who is projected in the first round etc, but do you not think we need to target a possible starting safety in the first 2 rounds

At least 1. Whitner only useful on run downs and Goldson wants to be paid with the niners facing some cap decisions in the new few years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:20 pm

BamBam wrote:I have no idea about who is projected in the first round etc, but do you not think we need to target a possible starting safety in the first 2 rounds

We need another safety but not in the first two rounds unless you want to make a move for Vaccarro imo. I've got us taking JJ Wilcox who I see starting in the NFL at some point. I think Goldson would also benefit from a move to SS and Culliver to FS. It's not a knee jerk reaction to Culliver's post season, he was great in the regular season. But whereas he has the ability to be a good corner, I feel that his ability deep could help him become a great safety. Plus he has experience of the position. We also have Trent Robinson and there will be some decent fa's.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:21 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:I currently have Ezekiel Ansah as the 49ers first pick. I like Ryan Swope but would be surprised if he ends up anywhere but the Dolphins. That's sort of my draft 'banker' pick.

I like Ansah too but a good combine means it would take a big move up to top twenty or even ten to get him

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down