The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal's Injury And Illness Problems Send So Called Tennis Fans Crazy

+2
Josiah Maiestas
hawkeye
6 posters

Go down

Nadal's Injury And Illness Problems Send So Called Tennis Fans Crazy Empty Nadal's Injury And Illness Problems Send So Called Tennis Fans Crazy

Post by hawkeye Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:23 am

Having been away during the festive period it was sad to return and discover that Nadal has been forced to withdraw from the Australian Open. The big shock however was when I looked around for the reaction to this news. The vacuum created by the loss of a top player or rather THE top player (He was number one in the race when he last played) appears to have brought out the very worst in certain so called tennis fans as they froth at the mouth in glee at misfortune and use it as an opportunity to make unfounded accusations and voice wild speculation. Tennis for me is an escapist fun pastime but it is being soured with the amount of hatred that has infected it...

The reaction here on 606v2 was mild compared to other forums.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Nadal's Injury And Illness Problems Send So Called Tennis Fans Crazy Empty Re: Nadal's Injury And Illness Problems Send So Called Tennis Fans Crazy

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:30 am

Ultimately the busier forums are the more extreme the opinions.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Nadal's Injury And Illness Problems Send So Called Tennis Fans Crazy Empty Re: Nadal's Injury And Illness Problems Send So Called Tennis Fans Crazy

Post by User 774433 Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 am

Are you talking about what Im thinking HE?

I can understand your feelings, I think that personal attack personally abusing me, you and other Nadal fans was frankly shocking.
Not surprising I suppose from someone who has racially abused many Nadal fans in the past because they have black colour skin and also claimed Nadals actions are worse than Hitler during the holocaust... but still very shocking.

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:07 am

The more I think about it, the more disturbing it gets.

Not that Im saying we should all be Nadal fans; for example Legendkiller is not a Nadal fan but offers constructive criticism- and is generally quite fair when analysing Rafa.

But then we have some others who are simply filled with hatred. It's quite scary.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:02 am

Many people who contribute anonymously to internet forums express themselves provocatively and angrily. A lack of proportion when posting anonymously is pretty unsurprising. It's a facet of human nature that the further away from conflict people are the more aggressively and irresponsibly they express themselves. I'm not condoning it, personally I want nothing to do with it and abhor it, but until it steps over the line of inciting harmful acts the trick is not to take it seriously.

You could say that if you want to see hatred Wooffie unburdens herself in revealing her obvious hatred for Federer on a pretty regular basis, but she's hardly 'scary'.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:53 am

barrystar

You have lived a very protected tennis forum life if you think Wooffie is a source of frothing at the mouth tennis hatred.

It Must Be Love

I hadn't noticed the personal attacks that you mentioned but I guessed their source and I think I have now seen what you are referring to. Nothing surprises me anymore about that pair and their hangers on. Definitely a prime example of frothing at the mouth tennis hatred. Seriously why go there? You are just giving them fuel for their hatred. Personally I have no stomach for reading stuff from such deranged "fans". The problem is they don't always stick to their own deranged forums and then they are more difficult to avoid.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:04 am

hawkeye wrote:barrystar

You have lived a very protected tennis forum life if you think Wooffie is a source of frothing at the mouth tennis hatred.

Honestly, I have always thought Woffie's mouth froth quite a lot when she watches Nadal, obviously all for the different reasons....
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 am

Wooffies pretty frothing, she just has her absurd infatuation to distract her.

I don't go on other forums so don't know exactly what you're all on about, but can guess.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Oh c'mon if you guys consider Woffie's slightly amusing subtle digs at Federer 'hate' then I don't think you've seen a thing.

Barrystar, I get your point, but I still think some of the stuff I have seen is disgraceful. I'm not sure you've seen what Im talking about though- but HE was personally attacked as well as many other Nadal fans- some even suggested that it would be better if Nadal fans went through 'moribundus' (Latin for dying) rather than staying a Nadal fan. Apparently death would be a temporary 'cure.' I think I've already mentioned the Holocaust and Hitler rant by Veejay so lets not go there again.

If these people confronted Nadal fans in real life would they try to 'cure' (kill) them as they promise, or is it just hogwash that they can say due to the anonymity of an Internet forum.
I think probably the latter, but it's still pretty disturbing nonetheless.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:21 pm

I do find the stick Woofie takes as unfair. She is a fan and I don't see what the harm is in her supporting her favourite player. I am sure if she was a fan of any other player on that extreme would not butter an eyelid.

HE, yes it may seem some forums around have gone into overdrive with lambasting Rafa and many theories as to his absence.

It is same old same old I am afraid.

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:22 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Oh c'mon if you guys consider Woffie's slightly amusing subtle digs at Federer 'hate' then I don't think you've seen a thing.

Barrystar, I get your point, but I still think some of the stuff I have seen is disgraceful. I'm not sure you've seen what Im talking about though- but HE was personally attacked as well as many other Nadal fans- some even suggested that it would be better if Nadal fans went through 'moribundus' (Latin for dying) rather than staying a Nadal fan. Apparently death would be a temporary 'cure.' I think I've already mentioned the Holocaust and Hitler rant by Veejay so lets not go there again.

If these people confronted Nadal fans in real life would they try to 'cure' (kill) them as they promise, or is it just hogwash that they can say due to the anonymity of an Internet forum.
I think probably the latter, but it's still pretty disturbing nonetheless.

That gets close to or over the line of threats that I identified and it's a step too far, I quite agree.

Wooffie is of course way short of that, her main absurdity is forever assuming that anything Federer does is for the worst possible of motives. She has gotten herself into personalising guys who are, after all, only tennis players to the rest of us.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down