The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sachin Tendulkar has retired from ODI cricket..

5 posters

Go down

Sachin Tendulkar has retired from ODI cricket.. Empty Sachin Tendulkar has retired from ODI cricket..

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 1:14 pm

cannot belive a thread hasnt been made about this....

The great sachin has announced his retirement from limited overs cricket...he will still play test cricket, i personally feel that he should have given up both forms, but if he is losing one form then i think it probably should have been tests....

however one feels that it wont be long before he is completely finished with international cricket!

Back to top Go down

Sachin Tendulkar has retired from ODI cricket.. Empty Re: Sachin Tendulkar has retired from ODI cricket..

Post by Galted Mon 24 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

Good thing he announced his retirement from ODIs as I didn't realise he was still playing them.
Presumably we're going to have separate retirements from each form of cricket so we can read all the wailing eulogies from Indian fans on cricinfo (sorry msp83 but they do my head in). Good cricketer - yes, best - no, best in India - no, best Indian batsman - no (would put Dravid & Laxman ahead of him) glad to get that all off my chest - yes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Sachin Tendulkar has retired from ODI cricket.. Empty Re: Sachin Tendulkar has retired from ODI cricket..

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 24 Dec 2012, 2:26 pm

I don't see this as a hugely significant announcement, as I said in one of the threads yesterday. He's hardly played ODIs (except for tournaments and when it suits) for a long time now, and I'm sure that in the not to distant future there will be an opportunity to write full eulogies for a cricketer that I rank as the greatest of the modern era.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 24 Dec 2012, 2:30 pm

Apologies if it seemed like I was having a dig at the post, just venting after the build up of steam reading all the pseudo-poetic drivel his worshippers post all over the net.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 25 Dec 2012, 8:25 am

As shelsey said, Tendulkar was anyways semi-retired from ODIs, and this just makes it formal. The real deal is when he calls it a day from test cricket.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 27 Dec 2012, 11:54 am

Laxman ahead of Tendulkar? I'm not sure if this should be treated as a wind up or not. How can Laxman, fine player though he was, possibly be rated as a greater batsman than Tendulkar unless it's based purely on a dislike for the 'Little Master'?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Dec 2012, 12:14 pm

Because of his ability to play match-winning innings especially on pitches where no-one else seemed to have a clue.

I won't pretend to have seen every innings Tendulkar played but from my experience they tended to be pretty rather than consequential.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 02 Jan 2013, 4:38 am

88Chris05 wrote:Laxman ahead of Tendulkar? I'm not sure if this should be treated as a wind up or not. How can Laxman, fine player though he was, possibly be rated as a greater batsman than Tendulkar unless it's based purely on a dislike for the 'Little Master'?

I personally believe that the best Little Master to have played for India is Sunil Gavaskar as he had to solely carry all of India's batting during the poorer/transitional period of Indian cricket in test matches in the 1970's and early 1980's. Anyway Laxman cannot be considered as a Little Master as physically he was taller and perhaps a bit wider than the likes of both Tendulkar and Gavaskar.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down