The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicken Dishes

3 posters

Go down

Chicken Dishes Empty Chicken Dishes

Post by Nay Sat 10 Nov 2012, 10:51 am

Cajun Chicken Club Sandwhich

Ingredients

Chicken Breast (skinless)
1 tablespoon Cumin
1 tablespoon Coriander
1 tablespoon Paprika
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
3 Slices of bread
Tomato
small handful of Lettuce
Mayonnaise
2 rashers Bacon

Method

Mix together the Cumin, Coriander and Paprika together in a small bowl with some salt an pepper and 1 tablespoon of the oil.

Slice your chicken breast in 5-6 pieces and coat the chicken in the mix until covered

Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and then sizzle the chicken on both sides until cooked through, move the chicken to one side of the pan and fry the bacon for a few minutes until cooked (Not crispy that is just wrong).

While the chicken is cooking, toast the bread, chop the tomato into thin slices and prepare your lettuce.

Assembly of sandwich

Take a slice of toast and spread mayonnaise on one side
Place the slices of tomato's and lettuce and bacon on top before placing the second piece of toast on top (Mayonnaise, both sides this time)
Place the chicken on top before placing the final piece of toast

Cut diagonally and enjoy.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Chicken Dishes Empty Re: Chicken Dishes

Post by Kenny Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:47 pm

Garlic Chicken with Rosemary

Ingredients

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper
4 thinly cut chicken cutlets (about 1 lb.)
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon

Preparation
1. On a plate, mix flour with 1 Tbsp. rosemary, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Dredge chicken cutlets in seasoned flour; shake to remove excess.
2. Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cutlets and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate; cover loosely. Wipe out skillet, leaving behind browned bits.
3. Place skillet over low heat and warm 1 Tbsp. oil. Add garlic and 1 Tbsp. rosemary; stir for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and lemon zest and juice, scraping up browned bits on the skillet. Raise heat to medium; boil until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Return chicken with juices to skillet, turning to coat. Serve hot.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:53 pm

Chicken Pasta Primavera

Ingredients

1/2 cup uncooked whole-grain rotini
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup (4 ounces) cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced into 1/2-inch strips

1 onion, vertically sliced

3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups chopped tomato

1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into ribbons
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
2. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes.
3. Add onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and tomato to pan; cook 8–10 minutes.
4. Combine chicken mixture, pasta, and zucchini ribbons; toss gently. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 25 Nov 2012, 8:05 pm

Lemon and herb roast chicken with new potatoes

Ingredients
250 g new potatoes
8 chicken thighs, with bone
2 unwaxedlemons, each cut into 8 wedges
1 bulbs garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled
2 large sprig of rosemary
2 small bay leaves
A generous glug of olive oil
200 g cherry tomatoes
green salad

Method
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.

2. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and leave
until cool enough to handle then squish them slightly using your thumb.

3. Put the chicken thighs in a roasting tin big enough to fit all the ingredients in
one layer. Tuck in the lemon wedges, garlic cloves, rosemary and bay leaves
and pour over a good glug of olive oil. If you are using butternut squash, peel,
and dice the squash into 1cm cubes and add to the tin. Season and toss
everything together.

4. Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes before adding the tomatoes (if using
instead of the squash) and the potatoes.

5. Spoon over any juices. Return to the oven and continue cooking for another
15 minutes or so until the potatoes are golden brown, the tomatoes have burst
and the chicken is tender.

6. Allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve straight from the roasting tin, drizzling the pan juices on top.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 09 Apr 2014, 1:10 pm

Right, I thought I'd give some of these threads a bit of a go. As a rule, my quantities are not massively precise, I tend to cook a lot "au feeling" as they say here.

Lemon Chicken
:

4 Chicken breasts
1 Onion
2 garlic cloves
2 lemons
white wine
some creme fraiche (or whatever cream you usually use for cooking)
Butter, salt & pepper (if you use salted butter, then don't bother with the salt)

Cut the breasts into bite-sized pieces. Chop up the onions, not too finely. Dice the garlic cloves (into 1or 2 mm cubes).
Heat some butter in a frying pan on a medium-to-high heat. Put in the garlic cloves to release flavour, add the onions and brown quickly (two or three minutes), then add the chicken breast pieces and fry until golden.
Pour in the wine, and add the lemons juices. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Season with (salt &) pepper (you can be quite generous with the pepper here as the lemon will have given it plenty of "zing"). Don't hesitate to taste at any stage. Tasting a recipe is crucial (using a finger to taste the sauce is perfectly acceptable). When it tastes right, turn the heat down (or off) and add in the cream to thicken the sauce.
Serve with whatever takes your fancy (I normally do some rice which is good for mopping up the sauce, and some vegetables).

Chicken with mango chutney

Never really found a decent name for this dish, but here goes.
Chicken breasts (one per person)
Honey (1 tablespoon for two people)
Mango chutney (a small tablespoon per person)
curry powder (quantity depending on strength)
white wine
dash of creme fraiche (though this is optional, I've often done without, using a little flour instead)
Butter/oil, salt & pepper

Heat the butter in a frying pan on a medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken breasts. Let them brown on both sides, before turning the heat down and cooking the chicken breasts through (this can take some time, but make sure it's done properly, no one likes raw chicken). When cooked, remove from pan and put aside (cover them so they stay warm - I usually put them betwen two plates). In the pan, put in the honey and curry powder. Once the honey's melted (a few seconds) pour in the wine and add the chutney. Let it simmer until it gains a thick-ish consistency (again, keep tasting as you go), regularly adding the juices from the chicken breasts. When done, remove from heat and add a dash of cream or a handful of flower to thicken.
Serve with whatever you fancy (avoid vegetables with too strong a taste as they will clash with the sauce IMO).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down