The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimitri becomes an Osprey

+5
LordDowlais
ScarletSpiderman
Brendan
red_stag
maestegmafia
9 posters

Go down

Dimitri becomes an Osprey Empty Dimitri becomes an Osprey

Post by maestegmafia Tue 16 Oct - 14:33

The Ospreys have moved to increase their front row options with the addition to the squad of versatile front-rower Dimitri Arhip.

23-years old, the 19-times capped Moldovan international can play in all three front row positions. He has signed a contract that takes him up to the end of the current season initially, subject to work permit, with an option to extend for a further year.
Arhip stands at 1.78m tall and weights in at 110kg. Having began his career at Kishniev Blue Marine he then moved to Dinamo Bucharest in Romania where he won the national title before transferring to Russia to play for Yenisey-STM Krasnoyarsk, helping them to the 2011 Superleague title. He is currently involved in the end of season play-offs in Russia, his club once again booking their place in the final last weekend, and will arrive in Ospreylia following the Russian Superleague final at the end of the month.

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/5685.php

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Dimitri becomes an Osprey Empty Re: Dimitri becomes an Osprey

Post by maestegmafia Tue 16 Oct - 14:56

Other good news

Saturday afternoon rugby is on its way back...
15 October 2012 14:47pmBy Peter Owen

While the players focus is firmly on Sunday's crucial Heineken Cup clash against Leicester Tigers at Welford Road, Ospreys supporters are reminded that the following weekend sees the return of first class rugby to the traditional Saturday afternoon time slot.

After three wins from the last three RaboDirect PRO12 games, the Ospreys entertain Connacht at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday 27th October, kicking off at 2.30pm.
The game is not being televised live on any channel, so the only way to see the whole game in its entirety is to be at the Liberty Stadium and support the cause in person.

You can pick up tickets for the game now from the Liberty Stadium Ticket Office, online at www.ospreysrugby.com/buytickets and via the Ticket Hotline on 0844 815 6665, with prices starting from £20 (adults), and child prices from £5.

Meanwhile, tickets are currently on sale for all home game up until the end of 2012, including the visit of Leinster on Sunday 4th November, Gloucester in the LV= Cup on Friday 9th November, the Welsh derby against Cardiff Blues on Friday 30th November, the massive Heineken Cup clash against Toulouse on Saturday 15th December. Finally, with under 9,000 tickets available for the traditional Boxing Day clash against the Scarlets, you can secure your seats for the big game now to avoid any disappointment.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 16 Oct - 15:02

Ah I really thought that Yachvili was coming to Swansea when I read then.

Boo raspberry
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue 16 Oct - 15:10

good to see some more Eastern europeans providing forwards.

He will also have a winning mentality which is always go to see.

He is also young enough so I wouldn't worry if he only is a part player this year as he will grow into it. He should also get some really good skills by jones

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 16 Oct - 15:24

Not a bad signing I guess seeing as the Ospreys are likely to lose Bevington, Hibbard, and Jones to the AIs and 6Ns. That said I do hope they keep him to the loosehead side, where bar Duncan (and Bev) they are a bit short, where as they have a few options at tight.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 16 Oct - 16:40

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not a bad signing I guess seeing as the Ospreys are likely to lose Bevington, Hibbard, and Jones to the AIs and 6Ns. That said I do hope they keep him to the loosehead side, where bar Duncan (and Bev) they are a bit short, where as they have a few options at tight.

Ryan and Duncan are both 6 foot. Thats got to be average at least for a prop...?

On the serious side, he's a good signing, especially if he can be utilised by one of the feeder clubs to the Ospreys this season.

They need good props more than us. we only need good injury cover...

Great opportunity for Eastern Europeans looking to break into the upper level comps in Europe at the moment.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 16 Oct - 17:32

Oh great another NWQ player.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 16 Oct - 17:51

What is the NWQ player limit, and do any of them stick to it?

It would be nice next time the regions request more money from the WRU if the WRU said they wer actually decreasing it, as the regions haven't meet the NWQ critea.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct - 18:40

Kingshu, I think it was 17 welsh qualified in a match day squad (so 6 nwq in a 23 man squad) when the participation agreement was signed, with a view to this increasing to 19 welsh qualified within 2 years (so 4 nwq). Not sure when the agreement was signed, and can't remember if we now have 22 or 23 man squads!

Not an Ospreys supporter, but I'd say that in their first choice, e.g. Heineken Cup squad you'd only have maybe Stowers, Foutou'aili (sp.), Dirksen (time serving). Not sure of the nationality of some of their younger lads (e.g. If they're English, etc.) but that does leave room for more foreign players. Remember that the quota is only for a match day squad so they can have 10 on their books if they like, as long as they only put 4 (e.g. The 3 mentioned plus the new Prop from Moldova) in the squad.

Here's the O's squad for their last game against Treviso. Only the the nwq's that I mentioned as far as I can see:

Ospreys: Richard Fussell; Hanno Dirksen, Andrew Bishop, Ashley Beck, Eli Walker; Dan Biggar, Kahn Fotuali'i; Ryan Bevington, Richard Hibbard, Adam Jones, Alun Wyn Jones (capt), Ian Evans, Ryan Jones, Justin Tipuric, Jonathan Thomas.
Replacements: Rhys Webb for Fotuali'i (74), Duncan Jones for Bevington (64), Aaron Jarvis for Adam Jones (57), George Stowers for Alun Wyn Jones (76).
Not Used: Dwyer, Lewis, Morgan, Isaacs.

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 16 Oct - 19:15

This is the problem, the majority of Wales forwards come from one team, the Ospreys could provide a complete pack or more in the squad, it must be difficult playing in the RABO during international call ups. I am not a fan of non Welsh Qualified players when we only have 4 teams. It does not help when the Blues had/have so many poor non Welsh players, leaving it mainly to the Ospreys to supply Wales. This may be a reason for the Ospreys letting go of Paul James this year and Mitchel last year as they could also be called up hence got them off the books.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 16 Oct - 19:39

THEN SEND THEM TO THE BLUES!!! What I would do to have got my hands on Mitchell and James...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 16 Oct - 21:59

The Dragon's scouts are still on the ball I see Crying or Very sad
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down