The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sale Look to Bring in New Forwards Coach- John Mitchell

+5
formerly known as Sam
George Carlin
LondonTiger
Bathite
yappysnap
9 posters

Go down

Sale Look to Bring in New Forwards Coach- John Mitchell Empty Sale Look to Bring in New Forwards Coach- John Mitchell

Post by yappysnap Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:34 pm

Sale have nearly closed a deal which will bring ex played John Mitchell back from the Golden Lions in SA to the Manchester team.

Link Here

I don't really know too much about him myself but perhaps some of the Kiwi or older posters here can tell if he is any good or not? Anything has to be better then nothing for Sale at the moment.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Sale Look to Bring in New Forwards Coach- John Mitchell Empty Re: Sale Look to Bring in New Forwards Coach- John Mitchell

Post by Bathite Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:35 pm

He was the bloke that butchered NZ's RWC 2003 campaign by playing Muliaina at 13 and playing Carlos instead of Carter.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Sale Look to Bring in New Forwards Coach- John Mitchell Empty Re: Sale Look to Bring in New Forwards Coach- John Mitchell

Post by yappysnap Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:37 pm

I bet Sale can not wait then, expect Gray at prop and Cipriani in at no8...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:40 pm

He was, perhaps, the best forwards coach England have ever had. I reckon he will sort out that Sale pack - and they have too many good players there to be as powderpuff as they have been.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:12 pm

He's a bit like Andy Robinson - seems to be pretty clueless about back play but is undeniably a solid forwards coach.

This can be nothing but a good thing for the Sharks. They have stop the rot somehow.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:46 pm

They have started to improve at Sale already. Will this signing provide the instant impetus the Sale side need or will the change of tactics cause disruption to a side starting to settle? Time will tell.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:20 am

Probably an excellent Forwards Coach but keep him away from the top job.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Thu 11 Oct 2012, 9:36 am

Looks and sounds like an absolute nutter ! Wherever he goes he seems to upset the squad by an overly totalitarian and disiplinarian regieme....i have no details though, i would love to know what he actually does to players in training, to have a squad mutiny against him ??

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 11 Oct 2012, 9:39 am

sirtidychris wrote:Looks and sounds like an absolute nutter ! Wherever he goes he seems to upset the squad by an overly totalitarian and disiplinarian regieme....i have no details though, i would love to know what he actually does to players in training, to have a squad mutiny against him ??

I gather he did all right with the English pack under SCW. But as a head coach he:
-confused the players (according to Anton Oliver's autobiography) and alienated the media with the ABs in 2002-03
-fell out with the players in Perth
-fell out with the players (and administrators?) in Jo'burg

He did do OK with Waikato in 2004.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:30 am

Australia are known for "player power" and you never really know what goes on in South Africa.

I think he would be a good choice for them to harden up the forwards.

However i'm not sure how two head coach characters like Redpath and Mitchell would be able to co-exist, at a club of all places.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down