The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE.com suggusts a new NWO line-up

+4
Crimey
Hero
Kay Fabe
VDT
8 posters

Go down

WWE.com suggusts a new NWO line-up Empty WWE.com suggusts a new NWO line-up

Post by VDT Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:10 pm

Classic Factions Reborn articles is quite a fun read on WWe.com but the NWO section was interesting and i could see it happening as it might be the only way to make Cena heel.

WWE.com suggests when new NWO would comprise of: John Cena, Big Show, Randy Orton, Michael McGillicutty, David Otunga, Christian and Michael Cole.

"Who could possibly comprise the modern incarnation of the most notorious faction of all time? It would take a major betrayal of the WWE Universe akin to Hulk Hogan’s original collusion with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. The only Superstar capable of such an impactful move would be none other than John Cena.

When Hogan deceived WCW, he was as polarized as Cena. Some still loved the classic red and yellow, others were tired of it. Judging by Cena’s reactions in various arenas all over the country, the same can be said for his creed of “hustle, loyalty and respect.” The Cenation leader could eventually just have his fill of “Cena sucks” chants, grab a can of black spray-paint and really give the WWE Universe something to “boo” about.

To maximize their initial impact, the 21st century New World Order would need a strong base, similar to Hogan and The Outsiders. Both Hall and Nash were loved and hated by fans based on what served their needs. Well-rounded veterans, The Outsiders did whatever they needed to ensure their own success. Given the pasts of both Randy Orton and Christian, joining John Cena in The nWo would give them each an edge over other seasoned veterans in WWE.

Of course, Big Show is the only member of the original New World Order still in active competition. When the black-and-white–clad faction reformed in WWE in 2002, The World’s Largest Athlete once again donned the colors and there’s nothing to stop him from doing it again, after all, “When you’re nWo, you’re nWo 4-Life.”

With four major Superstars taking charge, The nWo would inevitably expand its ranks. To keep its legacy intact, The New World Order’s recruitment efforts would focus on Michael McGillicutty and the fact that his father, Curt Hennig, was a member of the faction. Wearing the black and white with promises of achieving greater success than his Hall of Fame father would only elevate McGillicutty to championship contention.

To stave off any legal troubles they might encounter, The New World Order would need to look no further than David Otunga. A powerful and rising competitor, Otunga’s legal expertise — as well as his celebrity — makes him the perfect addition to The nWo.

Finally, The New World Order needs a loud and obnoxious mouthpiece. This is someone who doesn’t mince words and, no matter what, always skews in favor of the black and white. The original group had WCW President Eric Bischoff, but Cena and his colleagues need to look no further than the announce table for Michael Cole. Now that’s an alliance that’s just too sweet."

Thoughts? I recommend reading the whole article. It also suggests a new Million Dollar Corporation lead by Alberto Del Rio, The Flock lead by Punk and a new four horseman lineup of Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan.

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

WWE.com suggusts a new NWO line-up Empty Re: WWE.com suggusts a new NWO line-up

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:23 pm

Who would want to listen to Michael Cole when you have a heel Cena and Christian available?

I'd not like to see a new nWo faction although I'm more than open for a group to form with the same ideals as the nWo but something fresher

The WWE had their chance, when Nexus appeared it was screaming for Cena to be behind it along with Michael Cole who was the voice of nXt at that time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm

They are looking at fan reaction at present to a reformation of the Nexus.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:32 pm

Because despite spending thousands on creative writers, none can come up with an original idea.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

2006-2007 John Cena, then maybe. The guy's character is completely stale as anything and based on his current mic skills I could see him ballsing it up. If a NWO was to re-start I would have Jericho as it's leader. The guy has the charisma that could mirror what Hogan had. For me a modern NWO would have Jericho leading. Miz, Christian, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Jack Swagger. Have HHH in the none wrestling position.

CM Punk as leader of the Flock yes I could see that, but then we had the Straight Edge Society and that was extremely weak. Have Punk leading with R-Truth, Ted Dibiase, Rhodes as followers.

The 4 Horsemen I would take out Rhodes and put Orton in. It needs a strong mouthpiece and for me Orton with Ziggler, Barrett and Bryan would be amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:47 pm

Chris Jericho is the Hogan role???? Never

Jericho has zero credibility when it comes to the real big time, he's not in the same league as Rock, Austin, Taker, Shawn, HHH, Hogan, Savage, Sting, Flair or even Warrior

If Jericho led that type of stable the only thing that would be certain is that it'd start emphatically and end in a whimper as has everything Jericho's done

He's good but that's all he is

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:56 pm

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:58 pm

Lets have a masked stable

Rey, Kane, Cody Rhodes, Sin Cara, Mankind with Punk in his mask as the leader - This has win written all over it!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 4:11 pm

The problem WWE would have with forming a new stable is, if you look at the iconic stables, they always had a mega-star (and the guys associated with them) to antagonise. The Horsemen had Dusty, the NWO had Sting, DX had the Rock and later Vince, The Corporation had Mankind and the Undertaker (until the most ridiculous reveal in history), the Ministry had Vince and Austin, the Freebirds had the Von Erichs (I'm counting them as one entity). Really, the only mega-stars left in WWE are Cena, HHH and Taker. Two of those are virtually retired and a faction would never go over Cena as long as he's making money (Nexus).

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 24 Sep 2012, 4:47 pm

Now that WWE.com has posted an article on this we can assume that none of these groups/factions/stables will ever happen.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 4:56 pm

Jericho is in the same mould as guys like Kane, guys who could have been massive but for one reason or another just can't ever break the glass ceiling that would cement them as a true Main Event player

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 24 Sep 2012, 8:02 pm

Jericho wouldn't work! The whole thing with NWO was the shock of the Hogan's turning back on the fans, Jericho seems the swap between face and heel every other week!

Cena is only current superstar that would have shock value for a heel change!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:18 pm

Totally agree, also, any Cena turn would need to have legs in it, with the way WWE book their shows now a heel turn is only to get the big face over a couple of months down the line, in order for this to get maximum exposure you're talking a good 18 month angle here, possibly two years down the line, that's just not something I feel the WWE are confident could captivate their younger viewers

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:21 pm

Cena shock??

The guy is booed week in week out. The fans want a reason to boo him.

Not a shock at all.

Your missing the point with Jericho. The only guy with the personality to pull off being the main guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:24 pm

No he's not, infact that's so far fron true it makes me wonder if its not you missing the point instead of the rest of the forum

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:30 pm

You do like overstating things don't you.

First comparing Jericho with Flair and others which was not relevant at all.

Then you make out that the forum agrees with you.

Try to actually state something which isn't misleading eh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:31 pm

Jericho gets hardle any credit to what he does , he is a main evener in my eyes

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:43 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:You do like overstating things don't you.

First comparing Jericho with Flair and others which was not relevant at all.

Then you make out that the forum agrees with you.

Try to actually state something which isn't misleading eh

Quite ironic that the guy whi thinks a Jericho heel turn would be better than a Cena one says I like overstating things Laugh

Why not compare Jericho to Flair??? To lead a faction like the nWo you need to have a real main event pedigree, Jericho hasn't got that, they've never truly followed through on him and all the jobs he has done has hurt his credibility and not really done anything for the guys he's jobbed too either

I'd say given the lack of enthusiasm for Jericho's latest run that my opinion on Jericho as a top main event talent is shared by many

As for stating something that isn't misleading, ok, that's easy... Jericho isn't a big enough name to lead a nWo-esque faction

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:45 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:Jericho gets hardle any credit to what he does , he is a main evener in my eyes

What exactly is he he does that he deserves all this credit Bull?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:49 pm

Big enough name?

A guy who had by far the greatest WWE debut ever and was put with a main event guy during a time it was packed with top stars!

Laugh

Makes me wonder if you only just tuned into wrestling.

The guy was the first undisputed champion.

Oh wait a wannabe rapper is the best leader imaginable for a faction like the NWO.

I take it you still have you chain gang membership card Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:49 pm

Jericho has never been a guy to carry a company, whilst he's had some huge moments such as the first Undisputed Title he's just not a cash cow for the company. Great to make others look better at times and often could put on a really good feud but someone that brings in an audience, no.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:50 pm

he puts over people with out concern , he comes back gives what he can and when he comes back comes back with something original , he defo deserves more credit , works in the ring great and is awesome on the mic.

but then again i have my opinion and you have yours and i respect that

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:53 pm

TBH Hero I don't think Jericho has ever been given that chance. Makes me wonder had he stayed past 2005 whether the WWE wouldve got behind him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:01 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Big enough name?

A guy who had by far the greatest WWE debut ever and was put with a main event guy during a time it was packed with top stars!

Laugh

Makes me wonder if you only just tuned into wrestling.

The guy was the first undisputed champion.

Oh wait a wannabe rapper is the best leader imaginable for a faction like the NWO.

I take it you still have you chain gang membership card Whistle

I personally feel his debut was severly overrated, Chris himself cringes when he sees it as he so states in his book, still, I'm the one that overstates things ehh

He was the first undisputed Champion, what a success that turned out to be ehh

Yes, you're right, Cena is the best leader imaginable for a faction like the nWo, its simple logic really as to why, there really isn't any need toi have to explain that one

My chain gang membership is for life picard

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:05 am

picard

Last edited by legendkillarV2 on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:06 am

That's life though unfortunately.

Can Jericho wrestle? Yes
Can Jericho hold a mic? Yes
Can Jericho put others over? Yes
Can Jericho go through character tweaks and evolve his personality? Yes

He's versatile, he's often too willing to make others look good, he can wrestle (though I don't think he's actually as good a wrestler as he and fans think he is) and he's always been excellent on the mic.
But there's still just that something missing that separates a Chris Jericho from a Rock or Austin, that spark that separates the very good from the best.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:06 am

The fact that the two points made on Jericho happened over ten years ago suggest that if he ever was at the level to be the leader of a faction like NWO, it has certainly passed.

I think you're arguing it from two different points though, Jericho is talented enough to be the main leader of a large faction, he has the charisma. However his character, after years of losses and never being the main man have left him without the aura or the presence to pull it off.

I think Cena is genuinely the only person capable of doing it, the parallels with Hogan are so obvious that even WWE have drawn attention to it. The next two big names in WWE are Punk and Orton and I don't think at this moment in time either could it anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:08 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:TBH Hero I don't think Jericho has ever been given that chance. Makes me wonder had he stayed past 2005 whether the WWE wouldve got behind him.

It makes me laugh when people say that the WWE never really got behind him, I've said as much myself in the past when it was blatently untrue, look at his debut, his return in 07 and his return this year, how many others have had the massive build up Jericho has had for not just one debut/return but for every time he's shown up, the WWF/E spent a barrel load of money and more importantly time on him everytime and always make sure he's got a ready made feud.

This latest one was a total sham from the beginning and ruined what should have been a monumental WrestleMania for CM Punk, this one the Mania where he should have went over someone that actually meant something and someone that would have cemented him as the soon to be top guy in the company, he got saddled with Jericho though and it did him absolutely no favours what so ever, infact it made the World Title feud totally irrelevent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:16 am

TheBrahmaBull wrote:he puts over people with out concern , he comes back gives what he can and when he comes back comes back with something original , he defo deserves more credit , works in the ring great and is awesome on the mic.

but then again i have my opinion and you have yours and i respect that

For me that's the problem with Jericho, he puts far to many people over, he does it to the point that a so called lower wrestler than Jericho gains nothing from beating him, look at his run in 2010, he was jobbing to JTG and Evan Bourne and a few others of that level, who actually benefitted from that? They certainly didn't and the fact nobodies beat him only made him look bad

Look at his latest run, he came back and said it was the end of the World as we knew it, since Punk was the best in the World we all took it he meant he was going to take that moniker back off Punk, he was going to win the Rumble, he didn't and didn't even come close, he was going to win the Chamber - he didn't and didn't even come close, he was then ridiculously pushed into the title match and he was going to win that, he didn't and he didn't even come close, he was going to prove he was still the best, he didn't and he didn't even come close

Character is everything in Wrestling and when you lose that pedigree its near on impossible to get it back, particularly when you're willing to lose to anyone

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:19 am

Hero wrote:That's life though unfortunately.

Can Jericho wrestle? Yes

He's versatile, he's often too willing to make others look good, he can wrestle (though I don't think he's actually as good a wrestler as he and fans think he is) and he's always been excellent on the mic.
But there's still just that something missing that separates a Chris Jericho from a Rock or Austin, that spark that separates the very good from the best.

All very true, particularly about him not being nearly as good a wrestler as his fans think, I wouldn't even compare him with Rock or Austin, Ithink he lacks something that would take him to the level of HBK or a Bret Hart

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:23 am

I'd agree with you there, he's in the Mick Foley, HHH, Eddie Guerrero league for me.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:26 am

I'd class Triple H at a higher level than Foley, Jericho or Guerrero. Despite being almost constantly involved for a decade and more he's still a massive name.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:28 am

I'd have Foley higher than him, his promos alone took you on a journy and he could tap into your emotions, the story he told in the ring also made you believe Wrestling was real, mainly because what happened to that mentalist was real right enough

I'd put him in the same catagory as the likes of Ted DiBiase, Kane and Eddie Guerrero

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:34 am

Crimey wrote:I'd class Triple H at a higher level than Foley, Jericho or Guerrero. Despite being almost constantly involved for a decade and more he's still a massive name.

I'd have Triple H higher than Jericho too, the difference between the two of them is that HHH protected his character while Jericho didn't although to be fair Haitch would have been allowed to protect his character as he saw fit

Look at Austin, he was never against losing but it was all about protecting his character, when he felt they where trying to weaken it he walked away, some people don't think that's right but your Character is your biggest asset, if you don't protect that then your name value drops

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:52 am

Jericho was ment to win the rumble Kayfable but Vince changed it to sheamus last minute cause it was too predictable

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:24 am

I don't really believe that to be honest Bull, it wasn't predictable to me either to be honest, what the WWE needed was a bit of interest in the WHC and also to give the Rumble back some credibility, the winner of this years Rumble had to win the Title at WrestleMania, it was 5 years since it happened and winning the Rumble was in danger of losing it's appeal

Jericho was never going to win the Title so for me it meant he was never going to win this years Royal Rumble

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:38 am

Hero wrote:That's life though unfortunately.

Can Jericho wrestle? Yes

In his book he seemed so laid back in the locker room. Happily went with the flow. I think had he been more committed, he could've reached the top quite easily. McMahon has always liked a worker with a bit of a ruthless streak. The thing is all this hyperthetical. For me if you are looking for a leader of a faction, most of it is selling on the mic and being the mouthpiece. That is something that Jericho can do with consumate ease. The guy works the crowd in a way Cena wishes he could in his dreams.

For me Jericho is a top company heel. I don't like how he has been packaged since his current return. In his first year he was on fire. Had some stunning matches with Benoit. He had that brilliant match with HBK at WM XIX and the ending was epic and after that he fell off the radar and stagnated a bit.

Super talent. I do wonder if he feels he could've achieved a lot more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:57 am

He could have achieved more, I don't think anyone has ever doubted his all round ability however it's his character that is severely damaged and for me if Jericho became a leader of an nWo-esque faction it would be nothing more than a whimper within 3 months mainly because as a character he's a guy who is known to lose easily and lose often, the credibility simply isn't there, if Cena turned you'd get 2 years worth of storylines from it easily, that for me is the basic difference in these two examples

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:07 pm

Cena 2 years? I doubt it. He hasn't got the character to pull that off for 2 years. Like I stated he draws heat from crowd anyway. It wouldn't be a turn of shock but one of about time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

It would be shock,it would be complete shock, doubt anyone at this point in time can actually see Cena ever turning heel, it would definitely be the biggest shock since Hogan turned

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:26 pm

Nah. It wouldn't even par Austin's double turn in 2001. Little kiddies might be shocked, but the more mature fans would think 'about time' and would want to see a new babyface at the top of the WWE. Like you said earlier they had the chance with the Nexus angle and they blew that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:34 pm

Austin's heel turn was ridiculous though and just done for shock value, it added absolutely nothing to Austin what so ever that's why for me that'll never go down as a good heel turn.

They did have the chance to turn Cena heel with Nexus, then they had the chance to do it again with The Rock, they have failed to pull the trigger though and for that reason it makes it less likely they will anytime soon, particularly when they choose yo turn Punk again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:37 pm

As for the 2 years, that might be a bit of a stretch but Cena would get at the very least 5 times longer out of that type of storyline than Chris Jericho

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:40 pm

Had Austin not turned heel, you wouldn't have got the most chanted line in wrestling: "What"

Yes it was a poor turn, but then it was for the shock factor. If anything they should've turned The Rock at WM17 given it was in Texas. Austin's second turn in 2001 was much better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:45 pm

His face turn was predictable but at least it made sense

I don't think they should have turned Rock either to be honest, he was leaving for a few months so there would have been no benefit to turning Rocky from a booking prespective

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:16 pm

Austin's turn in 2001 ended up being rubbish but it had to be done IMO. He'd grown completely stale as a face and had been usurped by the Rock. It would have been interesting to see whether the proposed Triple H face turn could have made a difference but his quad injury effed that up. From there the dearth of top line faces killed the Austin heel turn stone (cold) dead.

On topic, the only guy who lead an nWo style faction today is John Cena, the similarities with the Hogan turn are there for all to see. The only problem with turning Jumpin' John is the fact that making him heel would eliminate a lot of the stuff that older fans hate him for. Still, the fact that he's completely clueless in the ring would probably mean he still retained the ire of the older fans.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:30 pm

I don't know about John and Hogan sharing similarities. When Hogan got on the mic, he had the crowd in his hands. Cena gets on the mic and the fans drown him out with No's. If Cena led a faction he would still phuck it up somehow. Probably through no-selling.

The Austin heel turn for me I actually enjoyed the Invasion one. Even the 'Wind beneath my wings' managed to still not sway me from it. The problem with the Invasion angle was that it ended so quickly that it left no room for the dross of talent to drop out of the angle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:43 pm

Not in 96 he didn't LK, by the time late 91 came about fans had grown bored and tired of the very stale face Hogan, he wasn't popping anywhere near as much in the WWF and after the initial attraction of him being in WCW fans there also turned on him pretty quickly, the similarities between Hogan and Cena are just to obvious not to see to be honest

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:47 pm

I don't think there was much wrong with turning Austin heel in 2001 it was just the ridiculous notion of having him align with McMahon, the whole Austin character was a natural heel anyway, he was just loved because he was seen as ballsy and he stuck it to the man, the fact he then aligns himself with him made the previous 4 years seem irrelevent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down