The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto Martinez's comments.

+6
Trebs
azania
Ent
Lumbering_Jack
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
10 posters

Go down

Roberto Martinez's comments. Empty Roberto Martinez's comments.

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Sep 2012, 1:09 pm

"I have come to United three times before today and for whatever reason we don't seem to be measured in the same manner as the team at home," said Martinez.

"The penalty is as bad a decision as you are going to see in the Premier League. In many ways, you feel as though you are fighting against a mountain.

"There were tackles flying around that if they had been the other way round there would have been a couple of red cards.

As a fan of a so called smaller club, I am glad that he has someone has come out and made a noise about this. We very very rarely get decisions when us (the smaller club) goes away to a so called bigger club. And yesterday with Wigan away to Utd was the prime example
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Roberto Martinez's comments. Empty Re: Roberto Martinez's comments.

Post by GSC Sun 16 Sep 2012, 1:16 pm

You mean Man Utd get favourable calls when they play at OT?

Ground shattering
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 16 Sep 2012, 4:15 pm

It was a terrible decision... but until the FA punish such blatant cheats then it will continue with the like of Young, Suarez, Welbeck, Gerrard etc...

Should be an instant 2 game ban, that would stop them.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 16 Sep 2012, 6:01 pm

Bad decisions go both ways, it's magnified when it goes for a big club and is more likely to negatively affect the result when it goes against a small club (from their point of view).

Any supposed favouritism is all in your head.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 16 Sep 2012, 7:01 pm

I read somewhere that Man Utd have on average 4.5 minutes injury time when they're losing and 3 minutes when wining. Fergie time indeed. Jus' sayin'

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Sep 2012, 7:04 pm

It's not just the big decisions, it is the majority of the little ones. You don't get them when you are a small team away at a bigger team. It is not in my head, I have been and seen it with my own two eyes
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

Welbeck has been called 'too honest' so many times though. Look at the England game midweek, he honestly stayed on his feet, and there have been numerous penalties he's stayed on his feet for being honest. It doesn't pay, so of course he's going to go down if he can get a penalty. Not saying it's right but it's how the game is.

Man United get decisions against them though, look at Newcastle last season off the top of my head. Ferdinand makes a perfect challenge, wins the ball. Penalty given, completely wrongly. I'm sure there's others and I will find some.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm

Ent wrote:Bad decisions go both ways, it's magnified when it goes for a big club and is more likely to negatively affect the result when it goes against a small club (from their point of view).

Any supposed favouritism is all in your head.

Couldn't agree more with this. Yesterday Crouch did a pretty good Michael Jordan impression before scoring against City, and Ryan Nelsen manhandled John Terry in the box in the QPR/Chelsea game, but I don't see any outrage regarding these two incidents.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 16 Sep 2012, 11:55 pm

Spot on the last couple of comments. Unfortunately, it happens in most games but lord almighty when Utd get away with it its some kind of favouritism. Utd got some shocking decisions given against us last season yet no one batters an eyelid.

I agree though, that:

1) wasn't a pen but how many do you see given when a keeper comes out, misses the ball (and the player) striker goes down and a pen is given. It wasn't like Welbeck is the first and as previously mentioned, he stays on his feet allot and so doesn't get the decisions. Should never go down diving but I can see why he did it.

2) I think he should have been sent off, terrible tackle, around the knee area and completely reckless, could have broken his leg.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:53 am

Liam wrote:Spot on the last couple of comments. Unfortunately, it happens in most games but lord almighty when Utd get away with it its some kind of favouritism. Utd got some shocking decisions given against us last season yet no one batters an eyelid.

I agree though, that:

1) wasn't a pen but how many do you see given when a keeper comes out, misses the ball (and the player) striker goes down and a pen is given. It wasn't like Welbeck is the first and as previously mentioned, he stays on his feet allot and so doesn't get the decisions. Should never go down diving but I can see why he did it.

2) I think he should have been sent off, terrible tackle, around the knee area and completely reckless, could have broken his leg.

Agree with that.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 17 Sep 2012, 5:29 pm

This is pathetic. ManU never cheat. Just ask "Honest" Howard Webb. OK
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down