The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ufc THE ASHES

+4
compelling and rich
westisbest
KP4959
boomdangle
8 posters

Go down

ufc THE ASHES Empty ufc THE ASHES

Post by boomdangle Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:45 am

Does anyone know when/if the new ultimate fighter series against the aussies will be shown in the uk, will it be on fx or espn as i am going away on my hols next week and would hate to miss it? get back in on the monday so will rush home to see Bisping out point Stann

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

ufc THE ASHES Empty Re: ufc THE ASHES

Post by KP4959 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:09 pm

It starts on the 20th of September on ESPN at midnight

KP4959

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:23 am

Damn, will miss the first episode, go away on wednesday.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 18 Sep 2012, 11:06 am

is the current tuf (16?) being shown, i seen that it was being shown on fx in the us last week but couldnt find it anywhere on uk tv

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 18 Sep 2012, 11:07 am

balls, just seen that the first episode was on last night. and will be show at midnight on mondays from now on, better go see if its repeated at any point

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:24 pm

Isnt TUF 16 the one being shown on Wed night?

Was the UK/OZ one on last night?

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:28 pm

ok just checked my sky planner and monday at 12 is tuf 16 nelson v carwin and tomorrow night its saying is the ufc the ashes, plenty of tuf to keep me going at least Very Happy

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 19 Sep 2012, 11:47 am

It's on ESPN in the UK I believe which is annoying as I don't have.

I doubt TUF sells for much in terms of broadcast rights in the UK so you would think they would let someone like Channle 5 have it for cheap just to get it out to the masses?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 20 Sep 2012, 8:20 pm

watched the first episode on mma-core, I think this is going to be a good season. I thought the Brit fought well and definitely won the first round, pity he got stopped in the second but it was a good strike and no hard feelings towards the Aussie. I really hope we win the next fight and get to control the fights.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 10:56 pm

I've watched both episodes so far & not been that impressed with the fights so far. Have found the quality higher in TUF 16. Was surprised at Nelson as a coach, his BJJ black belt aside he seems to rely on a solid chin & overarm right, not sure if he offers that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 04 Oct 2012, 2:13 pm

im up to date on both series, got them both series linked on espn. not too suprised about the standard being lower. the ashes is one to gain the ufc exposure in both aus and uk, both very small talent pool compared to usa.

ive not been overly impressed with nelson either, although i do think carwins come across alright. he knows his limitations in this and taken a back seat, he cant really teach his ability to welters!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu 04 Oct 2012, 5:40 pm

Tbh Carwin seems alot smarter than Big Country but you can tell Dana really hates Big Country!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2012, 9:57 pm

How's everybody finding it? Last weeks fight was the best so far although it only lasted 18 seconds! This week was ok if a bit scrappy. Parke's size was the main factor here but he was also more experienced. Must say the UK team make me cringe a bit with some of there mentality, the ozzies seem ok to be honest. First time I've seen anything of either coach, Pearson seems an alright guy, pretty honest & down to earth. 2 all things are looking interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:20 pm

Anybody still watching? pretty quiet on this forum at the moment. Last weeks fight was good one just a pity Team UK didn't get the victory & that was supposedly there top welter. Bola started very well but didn't capitalise when he had Manny on the floor & fair play to Manny for turning it around & getting a good submission. Since then we learn the big low kick broke Manny's shin & he's now out of the show.

Reasonable fight this week if again a little scrappy. I think they were the 2 youngest on the show, Brendan showed some decent moves but was unable to pull them off for the submission. Surprised he took it to the ground so quickly in the 2nd. A close 1st round but Brendan won the 2nd big imo.

Must say I'm not liking Team Aus coach George to much, does seem to lack humour & keeps coming out with 'your welcome to train with us, we've got some good striking coaches' etc. Not to sure on his coaching abilities either.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:14 pm

yeah ive been watching it, but avoiding here mainly as ive got it series linked and have been behind alot. i was disappointed in bola's performance, thought it was a fight he should have won easily enough was dominating then one little pressure from manny and tapped almost straight away. very poor defence, but fair play to manny for doing it with a broken leg!!

alot of the aussies seem to lack personality and think george is one of them. trying to be funny all the time and normally failing. think the aussies look like they have the much stronger fighters left, not been overally impressed with many of the brits, the irish guy and freak show is about the only chance we've got but then the irish guy was fighting someone very small

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm

I don't know if its a lack of focus or concentration from the Brits, our 2 best Bola & Luke both lost due to this or definitely Bola, I think both Luke & the Aussie through big shots at the same time & one hit 1st! So things can happen. Both Brits were on top.

In all I've not been that impressed with the standard, a lot of the fights have been scrappy. Freak show certainly fought a good fight, he's tough & fought intelligently, could be our best hope. yeah i agree with you about Parke the Irish guy, his opponent was way smaller & he basically out muscled him.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:33 pm

Soitaropolis however you spell his name was an arse on season 6.

He's a bit of a clown.

Pearson is a good coach.

Shame for manny to have to have left, seemed like a good guy and would have been interesting to see how far he would have gone.

It's been ok, but I preferd the uk vs USA season.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 27 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

the series is a dead heat at the moment, which keeps things interesting. I really like Ross Pearson as a coach, It actually makes me feel a little proud to be British. His comments about Manny being a true warrior and wishing he had that warrior spirit I thought was classy, especially coming from a coach.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:55 pm

Decent episode. Have enjoyed this series.

Next weeks looks like it will be a good show. Things heat up between the coaches.

Also someone has been a naughty boy. Dana comes on saying the one thing he never thought would happen on tuf has happened.

He says whoever has done it to step up and be a man and admit it.

Looking forward to it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:09 pm

I really hope Ross wins his fight, not just because he's British but because I think he deserves to for his superb coaching.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

westisbest wrote:Decent episode. Have enjoyed this series.

Next weeks looks like it will be a good show. Things heat up between the coaches.

Also someone has been a naughty boy. Dana comes on saying the one thing he never thought would happen on tuf has happened.

He says whoever has done it to step up and be a man and admit it.

Looking forward to it.

Like yourself I've enjoyed this series & the fights have picked up as its gone on. Good win for team UK this week. I must say I dont agree with the aus replacement having to fight a brit whose already lost, seems its Dana's politics, potentially they could be even & less chance of an all aus final.

Yes next week does look interesting, dont know whats happend between the coaches, Valentino is not happy & I'm interested to know what this one thing that Dana didn't think would happen on TUF is, looking forward to it.

Interesting to see the way the teams get on in the house compared to the US series, seems to be less egos & machismo, the guys seem to have a laugh & there's no real bad blood between them.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 08 Nov 2012, 9:39 pm

Good episode.

Luke and bola used a cell phone, as did Norman, said he text his girlfriend saying he was in the semi's.
They got it from a girl next door.
Dana wasn't happy to say the least.
Was on the verge of kicking them out, but didn't.
Glad they stayed, but if it was the worst thing to happen then he should have kicked them off the show.
Not a huge fan of Dana white, he did'nt set a good example by letting them stay.

Xavier was meant to fight James, but James didn't make weight, so xavier got a bye to the semis, which I didn't agree with, remember Dana saying in an earlier series that nobody gets a bye, changed his tune a bit.

Knew mike would win, easy fight for him. Uk clean sweep.

Got heated at the start, George stole dean's diary. Saying he'll talk to his guys.
I can just picture Ross knocking him out.

Good episode.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 09 Nov 2012, 7:26 pm

lost all respect for Soitaropalis f ck you spell his name.

such a jackass.

cant wait for Ross to knock him the f ck out.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 09 Nov 2012, 7:29 pm

westisbest wrote:lost all respect for Soitaropalis f ck you spell his name.

such a jackass.

cant wait for Ross to knock him the f ck out.

i just call him george

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:45 pm

Ha, can think of a few other names to call him.

He was an idiot for stealing the diary, then shouting at uk coaches to get out of the gym. When they left, his silly smug look.

Can see Ross running right through him.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Nov 2012, 5:18 pm

To be honest I thought the replacement guy should have got a bye as he was replacing an injured guy that had gone through to the next round, I didn't see the point of making him fight a guy that had already lost. We don't hear or see what goes on behind the scenes, I didn't agree with him having to fight a brit that had already lost, I think it was just UFC politics trying to lessen the chances of an all aussie final, and then for them to go back on that & make him fight his own team mate lacked professionalism, George probably kicked off about it hence the decision. Also considering the guy was up against it to make weight was also an oversight & the outcome which gave Xavier a 2nd chance due to weight making problems sucks.

I must say I'm not keen on George & his mouthing off during the diary incident did him no favors.

I hadn't heard of either coach before this series so have no idea who is the better fighter, who do you guys think will win?

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:20 pm

Ross Pearson has a checkered record in the UFC, he hasn't managed to put a win streak together since his loss to Cole Miller and I had my reservations about him as a coach when he was announced for the series but I must admit I have been impressed by his coaching skills. Sotiropoulos was on a 7 fight win streak but has lost his last two, so hopefully Pearson has the momentum.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:45 am

Didn't realise Ross lost to miller.

Think he'll take care of George, be a tough fight.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down