The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA UK Boot Camp

+2
Aaronb33
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

TNA UK Boot Camp Empty TNA UK Boot Camp

Post by Adam D Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:13 pm

AS had already been revealed by Chris after his attendance of the TNA fan party, here is a press release from Challenge/ Sky / TNA.

The thing that really impresses me about this venture is the fact that Sky are getting behind it and actually pumping money into TNA. This can only be good for both the TNA product in general but also the exposure that British wrestlers get.

I now I am very high on TNA anyway but I do feel that this move is brilliant by TNA for UK wrestling fans.

Aspiring UK wrestlers pursue their TNA Wrestling dream on Challenge TV
First non-game show commission for Challenge TV backs Sky’s commitment
to home-grown entertainment content
TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp starts December 2012 (6x30mins)

Challenge TV today announces TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp a new series which marks the channel’s first full commission with TNA Productions. The thrilling six-part entertainment series follows four aspiring professional British wrestlers, who are trying to make it big in the ultra-competitive world of American impact wrestling.

TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp will go behind-the-scenes of TNA Wrestling’s search for a UK superstar. Exclusive to Challenge TV, the series documents the story of four aspiring home-grown wrestlers as they pursue a professional wrestling contract with TNA Wrestling.

Challenge viewers will experience the triumphs and tribulations of Manchester-based female tag-team wrestling twins Hannah and Holly Blossom, along with two male wrestlers Marty Scurll and Rockstar Spud from Cambridge and Birmingham, as they embark on their ambition to join TNA’s wrestling roster. Cameras follow them as they travel from their homes in the UK to the USA, get trained and mentored by famous names from the world of UK and US wrestling, and meet TNA’s President Dixie Carter.

The finalists will enter the TNA developmental system, to hone their wrestling skills, and be put to the test by legendary British wrestlers and current TNA stars including Rollerball Rocco and Hulk Hogan. Culminating with a match at the TNA Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida, they compete to impress the judges and Dixie Carter. It’s an opportunity of a lifetime for the professional wrestlers. At the end of the series the successful candidate(s) will get signed to a contract by TNA and have the chance to appear in front of a home crowd on the TNA World Tour which travels to London’s Wembley Arena in January 2013.

“TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp really is compulsive viewing,” adds Dominic Wilkins, Acting Director of Challenge TV. “TNA Wrestling has a huge fanbase in the UK and it’s great to be able to commission exclusive original content which cements Challenge TV as the UK home for TNA Wrestling. This series will provide unmissable entertainment content which resonates with our viewers.”

John Jelley, Sky Commissioning Executive for factual and features said: “We are confident that this show’s focus on four of Britain’s most promising wrestlers will inspire Challenge’s passionate TNA fans, and draw in a new audience to professional wrestling, as we track their daunting journey from the UK, through TNA boot camp to the high pressure finale in Florida.”

TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp marks Sky’s first non-game show commission for Challenge TV since it re-launched on Freeview last year. It aims to compliment the burgeoning success of the TNA Impact series which is one of the top performing series on the channel and aims to enhance the channels late night male-skewed audience. The series supports Sky’s commitment to increase its investment in home grown content to £600m by 2014, and will let viewers see first-hand what it really takes to become one of the superstars of TNA Impact Wrestling

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

TNA UK Boot Camp Empty Re: TNA UK Boot Camp

Post by Aaronb33 Thu 13 Sep 2012, 10:10 pm

This looks to be a really interesting idea. I like how TNA is focusing on bringing new talent in as of late. Even if they only get a couple of years out of whoever they sign, that's a fresh face for the next couple of years instead of the guys we've been seeing for 10-20 years.

That being said, I wonder how WWE will react to Sky pumping money indirectly into a TNA project.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:52 am

The one thing that I like about this is that they're allowing the winner to slowly develop properly rather than giving him a full spot on the roster. I just hope the winner is a successful one. Would be a shame if the winner ended up like Andy Levine, ''winner'' of WWE Tough Enough.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:10 am

I think the problem with these kind of programs is that they only ever seem to highlight how awful the wrestling business is, and how difficult it is to really break through.

You just have to look at Tough Enough in WWE where the most successful person to come out of it was John Morrison. There isn't a single winner still being employed by the WWE.

I think both WWE and TNA are just trying to jump onto the reality TV bandwagon, but I'm not convinced how well it translates into the professional wrestling business where so much depends on suspending disbelief, even today.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:42 pm

I dont think theres anything WWE can do in regards to Sky putting money in to this, where the hell else can WWE sell their content in this country?

I believe the guys flew out today (or at least Marty was at Heathrow). It does seem like a way to publicise the UK tour, but if they snag a talent or two that ends up sticking around then theres no harm in it. I did see Marty having some back n forth with Magnus (who he has been friends with for a good while) on facebook, and they could easily start a program of work together if Marty won.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:23 pm

I would say Scurll and Magnus go back atleast 8 years as james always tells me about when he saw them live for the first time in about 04/05 when they were both members of summit wrestling feuding with WAW.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:31 pm

Crimey wrote:I think the problem with these kind of programs is that they only ever seem to highlight how awful the wrestling business is, and how difficult it is to really break through.

You just have to look at Tough Enough in WWE where the most successful person to come out of it was John Morrison. There isn't a single winner still being employed by the WWE.

I think both WWE and TNA are just trying to jump onto the reality TV bandwagon, but I'm not convinced how well it translates into the professional wrestling business where so much depends on suspending disbelief, even today.

And yet the biggest success (The Miz) didn't even win Tough Enough

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:38 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I dont think theres anything WWE can do in regards to Sky putting money in to this, where the hell else can WWE sell their content in this country?

I believe the guys flew out today (or at least Marty was at Heathrow). It does seem like a way to publicise the UK tour, but if they snag a talent or two that ends up sticking around then theres no harm in it. I did see Marty having some back n forth with Magnus (who he has been friends with for a good while) on facebook, and they could easily start a program of work together if Marty won.

I imagine there'd be a hell of a lot of interest if the WWE broadcasting contract became available Wink

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:29 pm

I'm sure there would, but audience figures, audience reach, money (both not enough for WWE and far too much for any smaller broadcaster), PPV setting (box office is an easy platform) and long term partnership probably puts that into doubt. ESPN may be the only one that broadcasts here that could do it, and then there would be ramifications of that being a US channel

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down