The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else struggling with 3 hour Raw's?

+3
Paul Mac 6CW
Clunge4life
Brady12
7 posters

Go down

Anyone else struggling with 3 hour Raw's? Empty Anyone else struggling with 3 hour Raw's?

Post by Brady12 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

I have literally fallen asleep watching every 3 hr episode of Raw so far (baring the 1000 episode), a decent feat considering I'm watching on re-run on Tuesday evenings.

How long will Vince maintain this formula. Pay per View matches are being given away virtually at the top of every hour. Too many filler matches where mid card talent trade victories thus elevating no one. Top stars being over expose & there presence not feeling special when they appear on screen. Pay per views aren't being built to because next weeks Raw seems more important....

I can of liken what's happening to a F1 car... Sure it'll get round quicker if it doesn't come in for tyre changes but soon or later them tyres will wear out.

There's been 2 decent hooks so in recent weeks, Punks turn on Rock & Pink joining forces with Heyman but how many more of these rabbits can the pull out of the bag before a shock is no longer a shock because there's a swerve every other week???

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Anyone else struggling with 3 hour Raw's? Empty Re: Anyone else struggling with 3 hour Raw's?

Post by Clunge4life Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

I used to watch the full 2 hours (recorded) i now find myself fast forwarding through most of it - the constant replays really annoy me

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Anyone else struggling with 3 hour Raw's? Empty Re: Anyone else struggling with 3 hour Raw's?

Post by Brady12 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:34 pm

2 hrs was aple... Product is now completely diluted.. Do WWE writers get any time off?

Why is it 3 hrs? I guess it's all about advertising revenue ect.... This is what destroyed Nitro

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:38 pm

I think the main people who are struggling with the three hour format are WWE creative. judging by the product week in week out.

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 06 Sep 2012, 4:55 pm

I was getting bored of wrestling as it was, its gone really down hill since Mania.
The 3 hour Raw show was the final nail in the coffin. I now just read up and if something sounds good I'll just watch that bit. Over the last two shows I have watched only the anger managements skits and the end of the last Raw to see Punk with Heyman. Thats it.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 5:49 pm

The show now goes something like this:

Opening Titles
Promo
Match
"There will be an announcement later this evening!"
Match
Promo
Promo
Backstage Segment
Match
Announcement made!
Main Event
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:58 pm

3 hours has been a complete disaster IMO

It also takes the away the "special episodes" of Raw i.e the draft, power to the people, raw roulette, all star night etc

2 hours was fine but 3 hours is just way too long.

I am still not a fan of this "super show" nonsense.

The thing i am a fan of though since the 1000th episode is the #RawActive match. Where fans get to decide the stipulaiton of the match tbh i want them bring back Cyber Sunday.

Finally instead of increasing Raw to 2 hours. I would of done something else historical in the WWE and made Smackdown live on friday nights. To increase the standard of that show and have both shows just as important as each other. With the brand split again, even that doesn't need to happen but just have all the superstars compete on both shows.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 06 Sep 2012, 10:36 pm

The worst RAW's usually were the 3 hour 'specials', just a thrown together pile of crap

As for this new regular 3 hour gig, its a work in progress isn't it, maybe give it until the Rumble, a good 6 months and see where it goes, I don't watch much anymore but I think its a good move, in time it'll get more people TV time, I think you'll see the benefit of it when they do away with the Brand altogether and unify the major titles, I also think SmackDown! will benefit from that too

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

the-gaffer wrote:The worst RAW's usually were the 3 hour 'specials', just a thrown together pile of crap

As for this new regular 3 hour gig, its a work in progress isn't it, maybe give it until the Rumble, a good 6 months and see where it goes, I don't watch much anymore but I think its a good move, in time it'll get more people TV time, I think you'll see the benefit of it when they do away with the Brand altogether and unify the major titles, I also think SmackDown! will benefit from that too

They don't plan to unify the titles any time soon. Vince likes the idea of two different champions headlining the respective Raw & Smackdown events. As soon as the 3 hr gig becomes less profitable than the 2 hr version we'll see it resort back to type

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

3 hour Raw's are just too much. Loads of crap thrown in that shouldn't even make the light of day. I find myself watching less and less because there is just so much I disagree with what is going on. A decent Raw GM and not some moron skipping about. ADR in the mid-card. Rhodes back into either the Intercontinental title or US title picture. Tensai has pretty much been killed. Ziggler and Jericho feuding for much longer. Orton turning heel. The product is just a mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 07 Sep 2012, 4:22 pm

Brady12 wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:The worst RAW's usually were the 3 hour 'specials', just a thrown together pile of crap

They don't plan to unify the titles any time soon. Vince likes the idea of two different champions headlining the respective Raw & Smackdown events. As soon as the 3 hr gig becomes less profitable than the 2 hr version we'll see it resort back to type

I dont think it'll be restored at all, it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for Vince to admit he's wrong so publicly, give it a bit of time and let it develop, wrestling fans, myself included are far to quick to judge anything new at times

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down