The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Mock Draft - Pre-Regular Season edition

+5
BamBam
Colan (niner)
GSC
Number-25
CFCNick
9 posters

Go down

2013 Mock Draft - Pre-Regular Season edition Empty 2013 Mock Draft - Pre-Regular Season edition

Post by CFCNick Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:03 am

Just seen this on the main page on Bleacher Report. Quite an interesting read and also interesting to see where the writer sees teams finishing.

1. Colts - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Dophins - Justin Turner, WR, Tennessee
3. Rams - Keenan Allen, WR, California
4. Browns - David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State
5. Jets - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
6. Raiders - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
7. Cowboys - Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech
8. Cardinals - Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
9. Vikings - Star Lotuleleu, DT, Utah
10. Rams(from Redskins) - Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
11. Jaguars - Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
12. Buccaneers - Robert Woods, WR, USC
13. Titans - Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
14. Panthers - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
15. Chargers - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
16. Bengals - T.J. McDonald, S, USC
17. Saints - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
18. Lions - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
19. Seahawks - Jake Matthews, OL, Texas A&M
20. Broncos - Eric Reed, S, LSU
21. Bills - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
22. Eagles - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
23. Steelers - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU (Great name)
24. Bears - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
25. Falcons - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
26. Chiefs - William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
27. Giants - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
28. Patriots - Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
29. 49ers - Jackson Jeffcoat, DE/OLB, Texas
30. Texans - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
31. Packers - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
32. Ravens - Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

Full article

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

2013 Mock Draft - Pre-Regular Season edition Empty Re: 2013 Mock Draft - Pre-Regular Season edition

Post by Number-25 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:55 am

I'll be honest, I know close to zero about college football and only start reading up on it between the end of the NFL season and the draft so with the exception of Matt Barkley, none of the names on that list mean anything to me! However, I'm surprised to see 2 WRs go in the top 3. Like I say, I don't know anything about Justin Turner and Keenan Allen but I always think a WR really has to be very special to go in the top 5 so for there to be two regarded as being that special, that surprises me. Perhaps a case of just giving them to the Dolphins and Rams based on the glaring need both teams have for that position? I wouldn't rule either of those teams out of taking Barkley either. If the Rams finish as the 3rd worst team this year it would suggest that Bradford has had another season where he has struggled for whatever reason. He wasn't drafted by Fisher so might Fisher decide to bring in his own man? Not saying it would be the right move. Just posing the question is all! As for the Dolphins, how sold on Tannehill do you think they are? If they have a shot at Barkley, might they take it and look to trade Tannehill? Again, just posing the question....

I don't think the Colts will finish as the worst team this year. I think Luck will be good enough to get them enough wins to ensure they're not the worst.

Couple of other observations... the Cowboys as the 7th worst team?? Really??? That'd put them finishing 6-10 at best. They've got more wins in them than that. And the Bills in the playoffs? I don't see that happening. Also, like MockingJay pointed out Barkevious Mingo is a belter of a name! Love that! Star Lotuleleu is a good one too, although nowhere near as manly as Barkevious!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

2013 Mock Draft - Pre-Regular Season edition Empty Re: 2013 Mock Draft - Pre-Regular Season edition

Post by GSC Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:59 am

The Cowboys really aren't a good team. Not sure where this myth came from.

Romo the only real quality player on offense, Witten's hurt, Austin's got a bad hammy and Dez Bryant has 1 100 yeard game in 27 games. DeMarco Murray is the most overhyped player in football and the interior of the OL is one of the worst in football.

Defensively the front 7 has Ware and Lee and thats about it. Ratliff is past it, Anthony has about 6 games worth of good play. Finally got some good CBs but the safeties still suck. The only reason for thinking Rob Ryan is a good DC is his last name.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:18 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1172251-2013-nfl-mock-draft-new-york-and-roger-goodell-are-waiting/page/32

This is my mock draft from four months ago. I'd already have to make some changes by adding Joeckel and Matthews. I'd also make Logan Thomas my number one overall pick.

I think his draft is okay but it's a bit early to say Lacy is a first rounder imo

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:10 pm

Was reading an article on NFL.com yesterday, where they were interviewing 20 team executives on 20 questions. One of them was, who will be the best defensive player in 5 years, and one of the execs had gone for Barkevius Mingo (don't think I will ever get bored of saying that name). If that's feasible, surely he will be a much higher pick!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:33 pm

Would the jets really take a flyer on another USC QB?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

Mingo is a really good player but right now he is just a pure pass rusher whereas Montgomery, his LSU teammate is a more complete player, It's a bit like Aldon Smith V Von Miller. Miller is the more complete player right now but Smith creates more havoc and has more upside. I have Mingo at number 10 in my mock but wouldn't be surprised to see him go top five.

I don't see the Jets taking another QB at all, I think Barkley is overrated anyway, Thomas or even Geno Smith have more upside

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:20 pm

What has happened to Montee Ball?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 04 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

Just not talented enough to be a first rounder imo. Some may say different but most tend to agree that he is a product of Wisconsin's great o-line. He isn't very fast or particularly strong and so teams won't see him as flashy enough to be a high pick. I f he shows some good hands out of the backfield, I'd guess he could be taken in the Doug Martin range.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 6:11 pm

Re Matt Barkley, I've not seen much of him at all but I've always been a bit sceptical of him ever since he decided he was going back to college for his senior year. I always felt that had more to do with him trying to be the number 1 QB picked this year seeing as he knew he had no chance of that this year. I just feel that in any of the last few years he wouldn't have been the number 1 QB taken - he wouldn't have gone ahead of the likes of Cam, Bradford, Stafford and of course Luck and RG3.

The again, I know nothing of the college game but it's just a fairly uneducated observation!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 04 Sep 2012, 6:39 pm

You are spot on. If Luck and RG3 decided to stay in college another year, I'd bet everything I have on the fact that Barkley would have skipped his "unfinished business at USC" speech for NFL riches. Don't get me wrong, he is a great college QB and will definitely start in the NFL. But give another quarterback three five star receivers, one of the best rb's in football and an o-line constantly featuring mostly five star players and I'm sure they would look pretty good too. He has average arm strength and below average athletic skills and is only 6'2" (if that), he doesn't exactly fit the mold of an evolving position.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 05 Sep 2012, 12:10 am

Would be pretty happy with Amerson and Haden, though don't actually see us picking 4th think it's going to be earlier. Also 4 QBs in a row seems a bit ridiculous and not happy with Geno Smith at #21 think if he continues he'll be much higher.

Also is Eddie Lacy really going to be a 1st rounder? Rest of those backs all looked impressive against Michigan plus they have a very good offensive line, which is used against Montee Ball.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Wed 05 Sep 2012, 12:39 am

What do people think of AJ McCarron? Will he have the same impact next year after the team has seen players go? Is he more than just a 'game manager'?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:37 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:What do people think of AJ McCarron? Will he have the same impact next year after the team has seen players go? Is he more than just a 'game manager'?

I don't really see him as a top calibre QB from an NFL perspective. Often the Bama guy's are not... the last one Greg McIllroy is buried on the Jets depth chart.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down