The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England squad to play Moldova and Ukraine

+2
Crimey
GSC
6 posters

Go down

England squad to play Moldova and Ukraine Empty England squad to play Moldova and Ukraine

Post by GSC Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:14 pm

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Sunderland), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

Forwards...don't look inspiring
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Moldova and Ukraine Empty Re: England squad to play Moldova and Ukraine

Post by Crimey Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:18 pm

Interesting to see Carroll still being picked despite his lack of games at Liverpool.

I imagine we'll line up:

Hart

Johnson
Cahill
Terry
Cole

Walcott
Gerrard
Cleverley
Johnson

Defoe/Welbeck
Carroll

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Moldova and Ukraine Empty Re: England squad to play Moldova and Ukraine

Post by Crimey Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:18 pm

Is Ashley Young injured?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:19 pm

No idea
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:20 pm

I'd like Jags in place of Terry. Walker at RB also

Slightly disappointed to see Lampard included.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

Milner?!

For god sake have we learnt nothing from the Euro's?!?!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:22 pm

Young hasn't played for United so far this season.

I'd like to us play

---------------------------Hart-----------------------------
Walker------------Cahill-----------Jagielka------------Baines
-----------Cleverley-------Carrick---------Milner------------
----Walcott------------------------------------Sturridge----
--------------------------Welbeck--------------------------

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:22 pm

That strikeforce is appaling for the international stage. Without Rooney & Bent it's woefully poor. I love how SAF has brainwashed everyone into thinking Tom Cleverley is some kind of technically outstanding creative player who will be playing for United & England for years. I think he's incredibly over-rated and that team above (offensively) is shocking. Welbeck, Sturridge & Walcott as the front three.......good luck.

Last edited by John on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:26 pm

Good 6 points to start the Journey to Brazil. I'd like us to play a team like this:

Hart

Walker
Cahill
Terry
Cole

Walcott
Carrick
Gerrard
Johnson

Defoe
Welbeck

Is Gerrard still captain?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:27 pm

John wrote:That strikeforce is appaling for the international stage. Without Rooney & Bent it's woefully poor. I love how SAF has brainwashed everyone into thinking Tom Cleverley is some kind of technically outstanding creative player who will be playing for United & England for years. I think he's incredibly over-rated and that team above is shocking. Welbeck, Sturridge & Walcott as the front three.......good luck.

Good to see you're keeping up your fearless brand of optimism. thumbsup

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:06 pm

GSC wrote:I'd like Jags in place of Terry. Walker at RB also

Slightly disappointed to see Lampard included.

I don't think Terry will be left out unless he hasn't fully recovered, Hodgson seems to be a fan. I would rather have Jag as well, reunite the Lescott/Jag partnership.

I don't think Walker is better than Johnson at all.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:07 pm

Is Gerrard still captain?

Yeah. I imagine without any injuries he'll be captaining the side through the World Cup 2014 before retiring either from international football or football altogether.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 30 Aug 2012, 3:05 pm

not too many quibbles with the squad, though slightly surprised to see three left backs there. Can only imagine he's looking at Bertrand as a midfield option. I expect England to line up like this:
Hart
Johnson Cahill Terry Cole
Walcott Gerrard Carrick Milner (yes I know, but I suspect he'll be in the side somewhere)
Caroll Welbeck

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down