The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How low? Bowe v Golota.

+5
Super D Boon
ChelskiFanski
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mr Bounce
ONETWOFOREVER
9 posters

Go down

How low? Bowe v Golota. Empty How low? Bowe v Golota.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:32 pm

Someone mentioned these 2 fights the other day and I thought I take another look. I forgot how entertaining these 2 fights actually were. The first fight was amazing. Golota really out boxed Bowe in that fight. Bowe seemed tired and out of sorts that night. Golotas low blows were a mystery to everyone who saw the fight as he was clearly winning. What followed after the disqualification were the ugliest scenes I have ever seen in boxing. I just remember seeing Lou Duva flat on his back as chaos surrounded him.

The seconed fight was a real slug fest. Both went down early but Bowe was well on his way to getting koed but Golota went low 1 too many times and the same result prevailed. I never knew what was going on in Golotas head in those 2 fights but would like to know you're thoughts on it. Duva alluded to the fact that Golota did the same thing in training leading up to the fight but I reckon that Golota was gassed and frustrated that he could not get Bowe out of there early doors. Bowe showed a lot of heart in that fight but he was done as a top level heavy after the Holyfield rubber match.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

How low? Bowe v Golota. Empty Re: How low? Bowe v Golota.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:28 pm

Nobody loves me here.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:35 pm

Don't get miserable ONETWO - I loved the Golota-Bowe fights. They were very possibly 2 of the most exciting Heavyweight battles of the 90s. I guess we'll never know what was going on inside Golota's head because I genuinely believe that if he had not let fly at Bowe's precious area, the fight was in the bag for him, and on both occasions.

He was big & nasty; it was such a shame he had no discipline. I wonder how he would have fared against Lewis if he'd have won the Bowe fights? Massive confidence can make a BIG difference.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Aug 2012, 9:55 am

Mr Bounce wrote:Don't get miserable ONETWO - I loved the Golota-Bowe fights. They were very possibly 2 of the most exciting Heavyweight battles of the 90s. I guess we'll never know what was going on inside Golota's head because I genuinely believe that if he had not let fly at Bowe's precious area, the fight was in the bag for him, and on both occasions.

He was big & nasty; it was such a shame he had no discipline. I wonder how he would have fared against Lewis if he'd have won the Bowe fights? Massive confidence can make a BIG difference.

Well I know officially he lost them both but am sure he was safe in the knowledge he was giving Bowe a pasting both times. But that being said, he did quit against Grant whilst ahead. He was a bit of a loose cannon. Lewis did gave him a proper pasting though.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 29 Aug 2012, 2:59 pm

Lewis fought Golota just after the Bowe fights in 97. Golota didn't fight Grant until 99/2000, some 2-3 years later.

If Golota had beaten Bowe, by the time he got the Lewis fight a few months later, theoretically speaking he could have been a VERY different animal. Wonder how he would have been without his mental instability?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelskiFanski Wed 29 Aug 2012, 3:47 pm

I think he probably had 'roid rage, and just lost it with all the emotion and pressure. He had a lot of acne on his back, which is a symptom of steroid use.

ChelskiFanski

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 29 Aug 2012, 6:26 pm

I was screaming for Golota to win those fights because I never forgave Bowe for beating Holyfield. What I saw amazed me inasmuch I've never known a boxer throw it all away the way Golota did on BOTH those occassions. Golota was sadly a waster and could easily have become a world champion if his brains weren't made out of sausage meat!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 3:48 pm

Not sure why Golota would get frustrated.....

After all he was dominating a fight against a highly regarded fighter...

Just think the pole was crude and shall we say not the quickest mentally......

vinny Pazienza was another guy who found it hard keeping his punches up and found himself straying regularly across the border into Mexico.....

Sometimes you throw before you think...(My wife always moans to me about this!!! raspberry )

Think the pole just didn't think......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 6:25 pm

Great fights if albeit marred by some of the most disgraceful scenes involved in boxing. Golota basically ended Bowe at the highest level but the fact he did not get the verdicts against Riddick did not affect him come the Lewis fight. Bascially once the enormity of the fight settled in and his was fighting a fighter bigger, stronger, faster heavyweight champion of the world was too much for him. Throughout the build up to the Lewis fight he came across like he had beaten Bowe and in the eyes of the the boxing world he pretty much had.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

Unfortunately, we'll never know about Golota Lewis genuinely - Golota had a seizure in his dressing room due to a knee injection which causes dizziness and nausea / blurred vision ( he got fined for it and sued his doctor for medical malpractice but no idea if he won ) Laugh Imagine going to fight with the best fighter in the world already dizzy, and unable to see clearly and knackered from a seizure.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:15 pm

Think the pole lacked heart and was scared of Lewis...

Don't forget Lewis had never really been exposed......He'd improved substantially since mccall!!!

Bowe was on the slippery slope......Lost his legs in the 3rd Holy fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:16 pm

What is this guff, TRUSS?

Feels impulsive to me...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:17 pm

"Fight news" is alive and well...it seems.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:20 pm

Darn straight, may as well just cut n paste it in the box... bahahaha!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down