The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fred Evans

3 posters

Go down

Fred Evans Empty Fred Evans

Post by azania Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:38 pm

This kid is a future star. His style is more suited to the pro game and will be a champ by the next Games.

azania

Back to top Go down

Fred Evans Empty Re: Fred Evans

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 29 Jul 2012, 5:20 pm

I wasn't as impressed as the commentators regarding Evans. Looked very open and wild at times. Will need to tighten that up, he's facing the Lithuanian who KO'd him at the World Championships. I'd still back him to come through that one though. He has nice punch variation and is normally a good counterpuncher. I have a bit of money on him, so I hope he progresses.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 29 Jul 2012, 5:29 pm

I think his game is more suited to the pros. He has fantastic talent and if harnessed properly with good trainers, he will be big.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 6:07 pm

He was impressive, and as he's Welsh ,let's hope that Steffan doesn't hear of him for a while.
(Isn't he supposed to be leaving the board;perhaps a "goodbye-countdown" will be appropriate,like I did when Simply Red announced the date for their dissolution?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

Can't think of many more popular disappearances from the Boards if Steffan goes

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:58 pm

Keep an eye on him and Andrew Selby.

Both of them are from St. Josephs in Newport, trained by Tony Borg (who you'll know from training Lee Selby and Gary Buckland).

Freddie has been sparring with some big lads in prep for the Olympics and was pipped for a medal before going. The guys down the gym said that his performance on Sunday was good, but no where near as good as he's normally fighting... I'd put it down to a little nerves (given the scale of the event).

World Number 2 for a reason though. Him and Selby will do well.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down