The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlers tweets regarding Edge's retirement

+12
AberdeenSteve
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
JoshSansom
Perfect Jack
TheKop
Kay Fabe
davidl1061
theundisputedY2D2
Adam D
Legend
greggschickenbake
ADMIN
16 posters

Go down

Wrestlers tweets regarding Edge's retirement Empty Wrestlers tweets regarding Edge's retirement

Post by ADMIN Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:04

Hulk Hogan tweeted the following about Edge's retirement...

"if any of the guys like me,Flair,Hardy,Andre,AA,Blanchard,orndoff,Henning would have listened to doctors we would have quit15yrsago. but I don't know Edges working environment because they are a media company not a wrestling company. HH"

Chris Jericho: "Edge is a great performer and 1 of my favorite opponents. He's also got an incredible MIND for the business. Congrats on an amazing career"

Matt Hardy: "Heard Adam is retiring because of physical issues that won't allow him to safely continue wrestling. He'll be missed, we've certainly had our fair share of issues.. Both good and bad. But I tip my hat to Edge who is one of the greatest I've ever been in the ring with. Adam resides in NC now-sure I'll run into him down the road. Glad that him & I are in a good place. We came in as friends, & went out that way."

Kevin Nash: "the loss of Edge is a sad day 4 the WWE great in ring,but such a special guy out,he still has years left to give."

Taz: "Edge, 1 of the GREAT guys in the biz. Awesone talent & awesome guy! I live the numbness in arms due to neck issues also, scary.Be well bro."

Eric Bischoff: "Best of luck to Edge. Class guy and a great talent. He will find success in anything he pursues."

Wade Barrett: "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Edge. A great career and a great human being."

Christian: "I've shed my tears..And from here on out I choose 2celebrate 1 of the greatest careers in WWE history..Cant wait2 induct u in the HOF #Edge."

Jim Ross: "Edge will always be one of my favorites. I'm so grateful I was in a role to help him launch his wwe dream. Dreams do come true. Edge=HOF!"

Kelly Kelly: "Thank you Adam for everything.. you've been such a great friend your an amazing person, n inspiration and I had the honor of working with u!"

Joey Styles: "In wrestling you make many acquaintances and few friends. Edge is a friend. My friend, seeing you was always a pleasure and never a chore."

Gail Kim: "Thank u Edge for everything u have given to the business and ur friendship. We r sad 2 c u go but grateful 4 ur health.also can't wait 2 c christian induct u to the HOF"

Howard Finkel: "Thank you Edge for everything that you gave and meant to this industry, and personally speaking, thank you for your friendship!"

Yoshi Tatsu: "I can't believe it. I'm very sad. But thank you very much Edge."

Eve Torres: "An emotional night for sure. #ThankYouEdge. One of the most creative, hard working, passionate, & helpful men in the WWE. We'll miss you!"

Vickie Guerrero: "I'm so sad to see Edge leave...I'm honored I got to learn so much from him. He will be missed."

Natalya Neidhart: "My thoughts are with Edge, and thank you so much for the wonderful memories. You're a real, true friend and ill never forget it."

Michelle McCool: "Didn't catch raw but heard about most important part. I love you Edger! Thank you all you've given to a biz I have always loved! Mad respect. Goes out to all you've done not only for your fans, but for us as well. I am so blessed to call u a friend! Thx for always helping me!"

Mick Foley: "A sad day for wrestling, but what an amazing career for Edge. I was so fortunate to have been his opponent, his partner, his friend."

Tommy Dreamer: "A toast to an amazing career & realizing a boyhood dream come true. Kudos my friend Edge"

Bret Hart: "Such an abrupt end to a great career saddens the entire wrestling world. Cheers to the rated-R Superstar. I remember training w/both Edge & Christian in a ring @ my house back in '97 & he'll always be one of my guys."

Shannon Moore: "Yeah my wife told me about Edge turning in his boots last night. I'm Happy that he knows when the ring is a danger. Thank you Edge for all the bumps and bruises that you put your body through. You where one of the best in the ring. Hopefully some young guys takes notes. Young man does well for himself =makes money=saves money=retires young=lives ever after a good life. You guys remember that Wrestling is a Biz to us and luxury to you. Edge will do great in his next steps of Life."

Samoa Joe: "A Little late but I just heard about Edge's Retirement. Good People, GREAT wrestler, and will sorely be missed in the ring."

HBK: "Have had contact w/Edge & he is looking 4ward 2what the future holds. It will b great, good things happen 2 good people & he is just that."

Wade Barrett: "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Edge. A great career and a great human being."

Steve Corino: "I always enjoyed Edge. Good dude too. Always nice (must be the Canadian in him). Good luck to him in his future. Def HOF guy."

Tazz: "Edge, 1 of the GREAT guys in the biz. Awesone talent & awesome guy! I live the numbness in arms due to neck issues also, scary.Be well bro."

JR: "Gonna miss Edge. Have 2 think WWE will utilize Edge's mind & teaching abilities. Great integrity."

Last edited by Hero on Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:17; edited 9 times in total

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Wrestlers tweets regarding Edge's retirement Empty Re: Wrestlers tweets regarding Edge's retirement

Post by greggschickenbake Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:06

That article alone shows how well respected Edge is as a person and also a performer, some great 'tweets' there.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Wrestlers tweets regarding Edge's retirement Empty Re: Wrestlers tweets regarding Edge's retirement

Post by Legend Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:11

Yoshi Tatsu: "I can't believe it. I'm very sad. But thank you very much Edge."

Made my day Very Happy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:11

What an A-hole Hogan is!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:14

Jeez Hogan is a prick! A guy he's worked with and he uses his retirement to have a pop at WWE. Mind you, shouldn't have expected anything less from Hogan. Surprised he didn't mention that him & Edge won the tag titles in front of 276,000 people against the 8 foot tall, 930lbs Un-Americans.

Good to hear that Matt and Edge are friends again though. They'll have some hilarious stories to share about banging Lita.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:22

Adam Copeland and thankyouedge have been trending since last night!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:35

Edge must be one of the good guys, wiat a prick Hogan is tho

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKop Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:41

Hogan is completely full of himself. such a Muppet

TheKop

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Jack Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:44

Just confirms that Hogan is indeed a prick. Lost a lot of respect for him after that message.

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:56

Why does Hogan even need to say that rudey poo, guys a joke

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 18:03

Hogan = pathetic; Edge = lEdge

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 18:25

Hogan is a sad man. Why the hell would Edge want to be an old man walking about with a back brace on kidding himself on he's still got it? Pathetic dig at the WWE as well. He should focus on TNA because original fans like me who have been with the company for 8 years aren't happy with how things are going and it's all down to him and Bitchoff. mad Rant over.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 19:02

I want to know what doctor 15 years ago told Andre to pack it in, im no doctor but having been dead for 3 years by the time 1996 came around i'd have probably told Andre to quit too

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 19:12

LOL!

Hogan is getting some stick, which i've added too. He's a class 'a' jebend.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 19:47

Hogan is a douche, end of.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 20:12

We should just ignore him and concentraite on the guys who do want to talk Edge up, if Hogan had some of the brutal matches Edge had he would be dead by now

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 20:44

this is from Randy Ortons twitter
Will miss Edge not only in ring, but in the lockeroom even more. He was one of the few who I could call a friend. I learned alot from him

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 21:57

I've always been a fan of Edge, and Im gutted to see him go, but hes doing the right thing.

Great to see how respected he is, from both companies. Couple of things though:

Surprised to see CM Punk not saying anything as of yet. Thought he would have had something to say on the matter.

Second, How much of a bellend has Hogan become? I know he was never the most popular guy in the dressing room, but come on, using Edge's forced retirement to take a cheap dig at the WWE? Flip pathetic. And thats the only word to describe it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 8:43

Hogan is such an idiot, that sort of comment annoys me to the fullest. No wonder most of the internet are losing thier respect for him.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 8:49

From wrestlezone.com:

In a follow-up to his recent controversial remarks about Edge's retirement, Hulk Hogan posted the following comments on his official Twitter page:

"I'm not saying anything bad about Edge, but he's a real wrestler. Stone Cold and Cena had neck surgery and u couldn't stop em, or Edge. It's in Edges blood,he lives for this business. He's a real wrestler, he's a lifer, he's one of the real boys, he's hard to hold down, that's all. HH"

------

Umm what???

Also there's a bit to add to his first tweet regarding Edge's retirement, he wrote "HH wrestlers work hurt" so I'm guessing by that he means that 'his' i.e. TNA's wrestlers work hurt. So basically Hogan called Edge a Cat, which I guess could be construed as 'saying something bad about Edge'.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 8:53

Brimstone tweeted to say the following...

"It's very sad, Edge is one of those guys who has the 'it' factor which is rare nowadays. Perhaps he'll become an agent for Vince"

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 8:54

King Beer wrote:Brimstone tweeted to say the following...

"It's very sad, Edge is one of those guys who has the 'it' factor which is rare nowadays. Perhaps he'll become an agent for Vince"

Never mind that, has Brimstone signed with TNA or hasn't he?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 8:59

Y2,

Something that big mate would require it's own prime time tv announcement and would be covered by every major news outlet, ABC, CNN, CBS, BBC, UPS, FED-EX, Al Jazeera and Meridian Tonight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 9:00

He would have another few paragraphs on his Wiki for that too.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 9:02

If he keeps going he'll have to create Brimpedia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 10:03

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:From wrestlezone.com:

In a follow-up to his recent controversial remarks about Edge's retirement, Hulk Hogan posted the following comments on his official Twitter page:

"I'm not saying anything bad about Edge, but he's a real wrestler. Stone Cold and Cena had neck surgery and u couldn't stop em, or Edge. It's in Edges blood,he lives for this business. He's a real wrestler, he's a lifer, he's one of the real boys, he's hard to hold down, that's all. HH"

------

Umm what???

Also there's a bit to add to his first tweet regarding Edge's retirement, he wrote "HH wrestlers work hurt" so I'm guessing by that he means that 'his' i.e. TNA's wrestlers work hurt. So basically Hogan called Edge a Cat, which I guess could be construed as 'saying something bad about Edge'.

I'm not sure, at first I was thinking thats what Hogan was calling him, now I'm thinking that Hogan is trying to say that this injury wont end Edge's career, I think he means that while he will retire for now, he believes he will be back, either way though, unless he knows him better than most who have tweeted I doubt he has the right to say that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 10:11

the-gaffer wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:From wrestlezone.com:

------

Umm what???

I'm not sure, at first I was thinking thats what Hogan was calling him, now I'm thinking that Hogan is trying to say that this injury wont end Edge's career, I think he means that while he will retire for now, he believes he will be back, either way though, unless he knows him better than most who have tweeted I doubt he has the right to say that

Brimstone claims he didn't hear of any of Hogan's comments and never got back to me. He's probably burning up inside, i just hope Chris Brown and Rihanna are going to be able to calm him down or Taco Bell is gonna take a pounding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 11:57

Hogan = prick

those he only thing about his company ? or himself show some respect at least

oh wait that's right he don't know what respect means unless it has the word business written on it

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down