The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Game Pass

4 posters

Go down

NFL Game Pass Empty NFL Game Pass

Post by sodhat Sat 14 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

Hey guys, does anyone have Game Pass on here?

I'm thinking of getting it, but I want to know if anyone has any experience of it.

One thing I can't seem to work out is whether I get to watch games on demand on my mobile too - I know I can see them live but on-demand on my phone would be brilliant.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

NFL Game Pass Empty Re: NFL Game Pass

Post by CFCNick Sat 14 Jul 2012, 1:51 pm

This will be my 3rd season in a row with Gamepass. You can watch archived games on the app but only the current season. As the 2011 app is the only one available right now you can watch all of last season.

If you're going to sign up do it now because the prices go up as the season gets closer. They've got a great deal, four installments of £35 and you get to watch every game way back to the 2009 season plus classic Super Bowls, and it lasts until July 31st. Last season I paid four installments of £40 and it ended on Wildcard weekend so this season is much more value for money.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GurTPL Sat 14 Jul 2012, 2:01 pm

I used gamepass for the first time last season - I cannot recommend it highly enough, I've already bought the package for the 2012 season. The fact that they've slashed the price compared to last year quite a bit, AND are offering proper coaching film for every play (if you get the "Season Plus" package), means that if you're able to afford it, I cannot understand a single reason why a football fan would even hesitate to buy it. I love my gamepass ^_^

In answer to your question about the mobile app, yes, you can watch games on-demand on your phone, and the mobile app even has the option to watch either the full game, or the condensed game. However, unlike the full gamepass on your computer, you cannot jump to a specific play in the game - if you're looking for a specific play, you'll have to just try and find it by skipping through the game. It will, however, have a list of the scores in the game and what time they happened, which makes it easier to try and track down a specific play when skipping through the game.

The other cool thing about the mobile app, though, is you can also watch NFL Network live on your phone - although, unlike the version on the computer, you cannot access archived NFL Network shows, it's the live stream only.

Of course, with the NFL seemingly making Game Pass better than ever, they may well update the app for 2012 to give you full access to all the features (e.g. being able to call up a specific play from a game, or accessing archived NFLN shows). Also, I've never seen what Game Pass is like when used on a tablet, so I have no idea if the tablet version is more similar to the full version, or the mobile version.

Hope that helps!

GurTPL

http://pullinglinemen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

I have no experience of it personally, however this has come up before on the board.

Its great quality, works pretty well when watching live and you get tonnes of stuff in the archives...

However written in the smallprint as of last year (and I've checked that it is still there) is the following two nuggets of information.

1 - There are blackout limitations. ANY game shown on UK television of any form is not available on Gamepass until SIX days after it has finished. This means the two games Sky shows on a Sunday, plus SNF on C4, MNF on ESPN, All Thanksgiving games and All Playoff games are not available live.

2 - following on from that, because Sky Sports show it, RedZone is never available on the UK Gamepass system.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

Correction... Thanksgiving and SNF are not blacked out

From the FAQ's...

For Users accessing in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
What restrictions apply to NFL Game Pass in the UK and Republic of Ireland?

A: Weekly blackout restrictions apply to all subscriptions (Season Plus, Season, Monthly, Weekly, and Follow Your Team) for locally televised games during both the 1pm ET and 4pm ET game windows on Sunday. These live game broadcasts will be blacked out in your area while the game is in progress. You will be able to watch them in the NFL Game Pass archives six (6) days after their conclusion. These blackout restrictions apply to the Condensed Game archives of the selected games as well. Monday, Thursday and Sunday Night games as well as U.S. Thanksgiving Day games will not be subject to black outs in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Additional game restrictions may be added throughout the season due to regional broadcast rights.

NFL RedZone is not available in the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The NFL Playoffs are not available for live streaming within NFL Game Pass in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Full replays of all Playoff games will be available as VOD content with the purchase of the NFL Game Pass – Season Plus or NFL Game Pass – Offseason subscriptions in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Playoff games, including the Super Bowl, will be available six (6) days after the conclusion of the game broadcast.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 14 Jul 2012, 6:25 pm

Thanks for your responses guys - I just bought it for £129.99 but payable in four installments, so I'm happy!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down