The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

things really shaping up for spurs now!

+2
Good Golly I'm Olly
JamesLincs
6 posters

Go down

things really shaping up for spurs now! Empty things really shaping up for spurs now!

Post by JamesLincs Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:09 pm

i have comfortably accepted the fact modric and van der vaart will leave, but i was worried with the loss of champs league football and our manager bringing with the probability that adebayor would not be signing permanently. we would be looking at mid table football once again! but what a week its been! that all seems to have turned around with a very young manager who has already won silverware, and as bad as you might think his spell at chelsea was, he was in charge of a team that went on to win the euorpean cup! we then finally confirm the signing of a player i was very impressed with in his display against england, Jan Vertonghen. and finally today, it is revealed a fee has been agreed for adebayor, who was my pick for our player of the season last season, so im absolutely delighted we on the verge of this signing. only rumours i think so far, but with hugo lloris and joao mountinho linked with bids i think these two would complete the squad for next season, im now very optimistic ahead of next season

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

things really shaping up for spurs now! Empty Re: things really shaping up for spurs now!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:16 pm

Still gonna lose to Norwich at home again Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

things really shaping up for spurs now! Empty Re: things really shaping up for spurs now!

Post by JamesLincs Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:55 pm

hahaha Wink

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:10 pm

What are Spurs looking like then for the season?

Friedal

Walker - King / Dawson - Verthonghen / Gallas - Essoto Akkoko?

Parker / Sandro

Lennon - Sigurdsson - Bale

Adebayor

That about right?

Is that stronger or weaker than last year?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:25 pm

atm without vaart and modric its weaker as you clearly want me to say. but its only mid july.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

I think Ledley King has all but retired.

I imagine they'd play...

------------Friedel-------------

Walker---Kaboul--Vertonghen---Assou-Ekotto

------------------Parker---------------------

-----Sigurdsson---------Van Der Vaart

Lennon-------------------------------------Bale

---------------------Adebayor

Going by AVB's 4-3-3, I imagine that's how they line up. If they sell Modric of course, and don't get a replacement. If they sign Moutinho as a replacement, I imagine he'd play instead of Van Der Vaart who I wouldn't be surprised to see leave.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

I think it's about the same as last year...defence looks better, midfield weaker, forwards the same. So it all balances it out I think.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:35 pm

imo its more likely vaart will leave than modric, but both will still go i think. so its a modric type player we need

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:36 pm

JamesLincs wrote:imo its more likely vaart will leave than modric, but both will still go i think. so its a modric type player we need

There hasn't been anything official about Van Der Vaart leaving, unlike Modric, which is why I think he'll stay.

Sigurdsson does seem to be a replacement for Van Der Vaart though.

I think Moutinho is the best option to replace Modric, to be honest I think he's better.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:37 pm

Sigurdsson is a great coup IMO. Very very good player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:41 pm

to my understanding he wants to be back in germany, think his wifes german isnt she? and had had a battle with cancer, so i just think he will go tbh. dont know alot about mountinho but he looked good at the euros, only problem he fee will have risen

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:46 pm

JamesLincs wrote:to my understanding he wants to be back in germany, think his wifes german isnt she? and had had a battle with cancer, so i just think he will go tbh. dont know alot about mountinho but he looked good at the euros, only problem he fee will have risen

If you sell Modric, his fee should cover Moutinho's though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:59 pm

25m for Moutinho is ridiculous seeing as Porto only paid 11m euros apparently only in 2010. Tottenham are just being handed that price because everyone knows they've got the Modric money to spend when he eventually leaves.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

Spurs will still end up below Arsenal. Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:05 pm

im more concerned about the risk of signing players for such high fees

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:31 pm

looks as though the only major departure will be modric as several media sources have revealed that van der vaart is staying at spurs. a goalkeeper and central midfielder and the team is sorted Very Happy

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 18 Jul 2012, 5:35 pm

Rafa wants to stay then. Just looks like Modric going to Real, then that money going towards his replacement in Mouthino (I wanted him as a Utd fan). I think Spurs will have a decent side again next season although whether Defoe stays will is another story. If not then you will need another striker to back up adebayor.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down