The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis Hall Of Fame - 606V2 Needs You!

3 posters

Go down

Tennis Hall Of Fame - 606V2 Needs You! Empty Tennis Hall Of Fame - 606V2 Needs You!

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:30 pm

Fellow Posters,

I have seen on other sport forums on this site that a Hall of Fame is up and running. I failed myself to get one going and I know Mods tried to get one going and no cigar.

I urge all fellow posters, from bogbrush to barrystar from luciusmann to reckoner from Tom______ to Positively4Street. From lydian to laverfan from IC to socal and from Nore Staat to Julius. We have a wide range of very knowledgable posters who sometimes don't contribute as much in terms of articles and tend to be quiet in between tournaments and Slams.

I would like to eastablish a Hall of Fame for the tennis section. I can imagine so many of you have witnessed the greatest players in the game in their pomp in memorable matches. I feel this knowledge is wasted. I feel I could learn more from you guys and I hope I could share new things with you too. Please leave comments below and let me know what you think.

I feel their are many untold memories and stories which I feel could add dimensions to players we know and love past, present and future.

Back to top Go down

Tennis Hall Of Fame - 606V2 Needs You! Empty Re: Tennis Hall Of Fame - 606V2 Needs You!

Post by carrieg4 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:33 pm

I feel like there should be rousing music to accompany this..............

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Tennis Hall Of Fame - 606V2 Needs You! Empty Re: Tennis Hall Of Fame - 606V2 Needs You!

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:34 pm

I know just the tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSP1E04zp5Y

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:36 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I know just the tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSP1E04zp5Y

Perfect!

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 4:43 pm

Some articles about the 'old timers' nearing retirement would be good. Would be nice to remember how successful they once were before they are gone. I am talking the likes of Davydenko, Juan Carlos Ferrero (who today lost to a wild card), James Blake, Lleyton Hewitt etc.

Very Sad to call them old timers as I am (just) older than them.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 11 Jul 2012, 5:11 pm

The stories of clay winners from around 86-96...guys like Lendl, Wilander, Muster, Bruguera, Kuerten and Kafelnikov are quite interesting.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 11 Jul 2012, 5:20 pm

Watching Guga vs. Sampras WTF match, Guga standing tall against the Legendry Sampras on his surface, some of the passing shots of Guga is breath taking and Sampras is made to look like a sitting duck at the net.

Yes Legends make the game interesting, may be we could add some threads where the great legends where brushed aside by courageous game of the underdogs and journeymans.

May be we could have a section or threads like legend put to sword.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 5:22 pm

Well I feel if the forum could agree on some founding members from the past in all forms e.g male singles/doubles female singles/doubles players just so it is varied and touches on a whole range of different skills.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 9:29 pm

Recently Gustavo Kuerten, Jennifer Capriati and Manuel Orantes were inducted to the tennis HOF. I am so glad Orantes got inducted. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down