The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia: The Ultimate Prediction

+9
milkyboy
TopHat24/7
bhb001
Seanusarrilius
PPVxHOTTY
manos de piedra
azania
mobilemaster8
davidemore
13 posters

Go down

Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia: The Ultimate Prediction Empty Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia: The Ultimate Prediction

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:59 pm

For me this is an interesting but ultimately, predictable fight.

Garcia goes hard in the early rounds, trying to cramp Khan's style, trying to stifle him against the ropes so he can't let his hands go and get his work done.

In response Khan stands his ground in the center of the ring and refuses to be bullied. Covering up when he needs to and working the body when the opportunity presents itself.

He can't, and won't, move backwards in this fight, not IMO.

Amir has to show the boxing community that the arm punches that he threw in his last fight are no more. It's not a question of heart for Amir in this fight; it's a question of ring smarts.

Early on Garcia tries to use his jab to work his way inside, but Khan counters with swift pivots and thought provoking (ha,ha) one-two's that swell the eyes of Garcia, and post round 4 those shots will start to take there toll on him.

This is when Khan will move through the gears.

Rounds 5-8 will be one way, IMO. Amir will start to hunt the hunter. He will use his jab, and then when in range throw stinging body shots that lower the arms of Garcia, and then... catch him up top with a sweet, crisp shot that buckles the knees of Danny.

Lights out for Danny Garcia, somewhere between rounds 6-8.

I need to get to the bookies for this one. Cheeky fiver, you what?

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia: The Ultimate Prediction Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia: The Ultimate Prediction

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:09 pm

Great post David.

Further to that, here is my outcome.

Fight will start very fast paced from both fighters, however, the 1st round will prove disatrous for Garcia.
In this round Khan will realise that Garcia does not have the relevant power to trouble him, yet Garcia will
know and feel the pop and SPEED of Khan, which will in turn win him the round.

Rounds 2-4 is where Khan settles and hits Garcia (who has plodding footwork) crisp with sharp jabs and straight
rights, shortly followed up by in-out style left hook body shots before moving out of range.

Round 5 Garcia begins to lose his cool after having been swolen and cut in the previous rounds. He swings
wildly in hope that catches Khan flush on the button. It does not materialize and Khan makes him eat more jabs,
straights and body shots.

Round 6 begins with Garcia looking absolutely bewildered at everything thats happened.....Garcia's dad is eating
his own words in the corner and may think about swallowing pride and throwing in the towel........

Its already too late as a beaten and outclassed Garcia is stopped by the referee late on in the round, giving
Khan a sweet victory.

What follows is Khan running onto the turnbuckle to his fans and clenching the air with 2 belts round his waist,
whislt staring straight into the eyes of Garcia Senior and smiling at him.......a smile that smells like

"Told you so"

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia: The Ultimate Prediction Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia: The Ultimate Prediction

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm

I see a quick and early KO for Khan within 4 rounds. Too fast and angry.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:14 pm

Mobile, great reply.

One thing you mention excellently is, composure.

Garcia doesn't have it for me, not in this fight, not with what has happened in the pre-fight hype.

Khan will have his 'told you so' moment, IMO. I just hope he throws in, 'you ignorant racist' while he's there.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:18 pm

Thanks.

I actually hope its Garcia Snr that ends up throwing in the towel. If thats the case, then no words need to be spoken..........until the post fight where Khan SHOULD rip them both to peices. I know i would!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:21 pm

Khan is a pretty fast starter and I think his handspeed often catches fighters cold early on. Would not rule out an early stoppage or knock down. I think Khan will win inside six as Garcia finds he cant cope with the speed.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:23 pm

Great points Manos.

And Mobile, his dad having to throw in the towel would be grand, more than words in fact.

Then rip him in the post-fight. Or be classy, either way.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

Khan SD at 18/1 and Garcia SD at 25/1 is surely worth a fiver on both, seen enough robberies and weird decisions recently to warrant this choice! forget boxing ability as GBP will be the only winner.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:16 pm

Khan will just be way too fast for Garcia IMO. Punches straight down the middle to counter those wide slow swings of Garcia. Morales knew if he had 20% more in the tank he could have spanked Garcia. Khan will do that and more IMO. Khan TKO on cuts and general beat-up-ness. I hope Garcia's dad cries and Khan isn't nice to him after, either

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:22 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Khan will just be way too fast for Garcia IMO. Punches straight down the middle to counter those wide slow swings of Garcia. Morales knew if he had 20% more in the tank he could have spanked Garcia. Khan will do that and more IMO. Khan TKO on cuts and general beat-up-ness. I hope Garcia's dad cries and Khan isn't nice to him after, either

Laugh

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:32 am

davidemore wrote:Mobile, great reply.

One thing you mention excellently is, composure.

Garcia doesn't have it for me, not in this fight, not with what has happened in the pre-fight hype.

Khan will have his 'told you so' moment, IMO. I just hope he throws in, 'you ignorant racist' while he's there.

IS THERE ANY OTHER KIND?

Anyway, Amir is offended that Haye/Chisora is getting more headlines than this fight and is letting us all know that because his fight is for a belt, it means more. Fair enough and a valid point. However, he made me chuckle with this line re his new fitness coach, Ruben Tabares, "He's made me change to a non-fluoride toothpaste because apparently fluoride is really dangerous, contains rat poison or something and can even kill you," Khan explained.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:48 am

[quote="DAVE667]However, he made me chuckle with this line re his new fitness coach, Ruben Tabares, "He's made me change to a non-fluoride toothpaste because apparently fluoride is really dangerous, contains rat poison or something and can even kill you," Khan explained. [/quote]

There is 60 years of dental hygene down the toilet in 140 characters! That's social media in action.!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:52 am

Haven't got time for a lengthy post but good OP, can't put my finger on why but I don't see this as quite the walkover. Khan's training camp has not been good, I'm not confident he's got enough attention from Roach or will have learnt/changed enough since his last fight. Sneaking suspicion Khan gets off the deck to win a UD or late ref stoppage.

What I'd like to see is a sustained beatdown from Khan over 11.5 rounds before a ko - then khan goes over n gives Garcia's dad a big F*you!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 11 Jul 2012, 9:23 am

i used to live on a farm, we had some rat problems. I can confirm its true about rat poisin in fluoride... we tried it for a while but had to move to an alternative solution....the problem was getting the rats to keep still while you cleaned their teeth.

Gotta love amir, he reminds me of the guy from the 4 lions with the confused face.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:00 am

Against Morales Garcia dropped his right hand something chronic when he threw his jab out, especially as the fight went on. There is no way Khan and Roach won't be all over that. Khan is fast, we know that, and will beat him to the jab in the early rounds leading to Garcia trying to rush in a bit and work the body. If Amir hasn't got an answer for that by now he's never going to but I think he stands strong, throws pot shot style hooks back and wears Garcia down.

Round 5 or six and we're all but done. Khan on top and enjoying himself leading to a mid-late KO.

That said, if Amir still wants to try and prove his chin he could lose a couple of rounds but I just don't see him losing.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:38 pm

I got awful odds on the fight, i'm a schmuck, need to take my flutters to the internet.

Great points gang.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 9:16 pm

Everything I've seen of Khan on behind the ropes looks good, no bouncing around the ring even when shadow boxing, and seems to really be trying to set up hooks. Hopefully he'll carry this in to Saturday and we'll see an even more improved Khan.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:17 pm

hampo171 wrote:Everything I've seen of Khan on behind the ropes looks good, no bouncing around the ring even when shadow boxing, and seems to really be trying to set up hooks. Hopefully he'll carry this in to Saturday and we'll see an even more improved Khan.

Looked like he was getting tagged an awful lot tho, or is that what's meant to happen in sparring??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:07 am

Only seen pad work and shadow boxing mate.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 13 Jul 2012, 1:20 pm

Anyone catch the final press conference?...

Dear Oh Dear! It's people like Garcia Snr who give this sport a bad name.

Say what you want about Haye, Chisora etc and their Munich scuffle...for me the stuff this bloke comes out with is far worse.

At least Haye & Chisora will settle it in the ring!!

The man is absolute scum...really is embarrassing...I wouldn't blame Khan for smashing his face in at the Weigh in tbh.

I hope to god come Saturday night (Sunday morning) I get to see Garcia Snr on the ropes waving the towel in order to stop his son taking a beating..

I was going to say that isn't to wish his son any damage...but the way he has conducted himself in the past few pressers I want to see both of them eat their words.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 13 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

Watching it now Owen. Really hoping Khan batters Garcia, and I want him to brag afterward.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 13 Jul 2012, 1:52 pm

As much stick as Khan gets...and I admit he can be a bit of a dope...at least he is always respectful of his opponents.

Yes he says he will knock Garcia (as he said first time he has ever said it a Presser)...but he respects his record...knows it will be tough etc.

I hope Khan puts in a great performance and wins over some of his doubters. He could have taken an easier fight (I dont think this will be too difficult if truth be told...see Garcia being exposed as nothing but a decent fighter)...but he has stepped up after all the problems he has faced...taken on an undefeated fighter and belt holder...

and throughout the past 6 months has conducted himself in a fantastic manner.

If I had been in his shoes after the whole Peterson debacle I would have been spewing and would have told anyone who would listen what a *ic* the guy was!!

Come on Khan!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 13 Jul 2012, 1:53 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:As much stick as Khan gets...and I admit he can be a bit of a dope...at least he is always respectful of his opponents.

Yes he says he will knock Garcia (as he said first time he has ever said it a Presser)...but he respects his record...knows it will be tough etc.

I hope Khan puts in a great performance and wins over some of his doubters. He could have taken an easier fight (I dont think this will be too difficult if truth be told...see Garcia being exposed as nothing but a decent fighter)...but he has stepped up after all the problems he has faced...taken on an undefeated fighter and belt holder...

and throughout the past 6 months has conducted himself in a fantastic manner.

If I had been in his shoes after the whole Peterson debacle I would have been spewing and would have told anyone who would listen what a *ic* the guy was!!

Come on Khan!!

Agree 100% mate. COME ON KHAN!!!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 13 Jul 2012, 2:14 pm

I'm hoping Khan doesn't let emotion get in the way. His dad may have gotten under his skin and instead of sticking to his skills, he may try to go for the KO and gets caught himself.

Either way I see a 3 round blow out. Perhaps Khan should do a "what's my name" on him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 2:16 pm

I'm predicting a Khan knockout.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down