The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garcia's Dad

+13
BoxingFan88
as1079
Rodney
ONETWOFOREVER
owen10ozzy
Sunnydapasingh1984
ShahenshahG
Knowsit17
seanmichaels
Union Cane
azania
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
17 posters

Go down

Garcia's Dad Empty Garcia's Dad

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 02 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

Ok. So not a huge Kahn fan, but I am a Khan fan. He fights tough opp and can be great to watch when he turns it on. Garcia's dad is obviously not a Khan fan, fair enough, but he is doing way way too much talking. Now he says he never met a Pakistanian (his words) who can fight. Well he's about to watch one beat the snot out of his son.

Khan KO,Garcia - shut up

http://www.boxingscene.com/garcia-rips-khan-never-met-pakistanian-who-fight--54568

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Garcia's Dad Empty Re: Garcia's Dad

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

Can't see anything other than a Khan victory here, and it will be of some extra satisfaction to know that this vile little toad will be forced to endure it from ringside. The man comes across as a clown of the highest order.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:03 pm

What is a Pakistanian? A cross between a Palestinian and a Pakistani?

Garcia Snr is being racist if truth be told. I hope Khan teaches his son a lesson and smack Garcia Snr just for good measure. A $10k fine will be worth it (plus it will generate more publicity which will mean more $$$$$).

Last edited by azania on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:03 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Ok. So not a huge Kahn fan, but I am a Khan fan. He fights tough opp and can be great to watch when he turns it on. Garcia's dad is obviously not a Khan fan, fair enough, but he is doing way way too much talking. Now he sayshe never met a Pakistanian who can fight. Well he's about to watch one beat the snot out of his son.

Khan KO,Garcia - shut up

http://www.boxingscene.com/garcia-rips-khan-never-met-pakistanian-who-fight--54568

I'm hoping that's Garcia Snr's word and not yours, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:07 pm

Amir is British, it is his brother who is Pakistanian.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

Union Cane wrote:Amir is British, it is his brother who is Pakistanian.

Britaini?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:18 pm

alma wrote:His latest utterances are even worse. He claims khan will get beaten by his Puerto Rican son and then goes on to say that American fighters like his son never get a break...

The man is clearly an illiterate fool

un-literate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:21 pm

NOT MY WORDS GUYS ha. Really hoping he flattens him - Khan should be way too much for him

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:36 pm

I can't really stand it when the fathers assume to do the majority of talking. They're not the ones who'll be fighting 12 rounds and putting themselves on the line. Garcia's old man ought to shut up, deflate his ego enough to leave centre stage and let his son talk up his own fight.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:45 pm

Unfortunately Knowsit - Garcia is the one who encourages him to talk

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:01 pm

Amir's dad should get in there and they could have a right old set to

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:40 pm

Garcia's old man just comes across rasict, no hiding behind that fact. I don't understand why anyone's race would matter in a boxing contest, surely regardless of race, religion etc you must appauld any fighter who has the balls to go into the ring and gives 100% regardless of lose, win, draw, race,sex, age etc etc

I am not the biggest fan of KHan's however credit where credit his due, he really as behaved like a professional role model with all this going on and I hope he goes on to defeat Garcia.

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:46 pm

It's truly incredible the amount of jip his old man talks...I really wouldn't mind Khan 'avoiding' the likes of Marquez, Brook, Bradley etc following this fight...to take on Mr Garcia Snr!!

I see his son has also been at it proclaiming that Khan only fights hand picked opponents...

This coming from the man who has the glittering names of Morales, Campbell & Holt on his record...hardly anything stellar.

He beat a Campbell who was coming off two straight losses, one against that world class Estrada.

Kendall Holt who loses anytime he steps up to 'B' level never mind elite.

And Morales, the fight was no where near as one sided as the scorecard would have anyone believe...and whilst Morales certainly put on a good show the fact remains he is past his best, has blown up between LWW - WW for past couple of years and had been in an absolute war with Maidana.

I just dont buy into the hype machine and whilst I usually dont like predicting fights involving brits too boldly...I dont see Khan having any issues with this guy.

He is there to be hit...doesn't have the ring intelligence which could trouble Khan in close and is not a concussive puncher.

He also starts off very slowly in a heck of a lot of his fights...

For me Khan wins and does so in impressive fashion...within 6 Rounds!

I am a big Khan fan and while I admit he can be a bit of a tool sometimes I have to say that it's stuff like this which makes me think highly of the lad. As much as people beat him with a stick for his twitter talk/call outs....moaning about his loss (although clearly on reflection the lad had a point)....people should pay attention to him pre fight when he is nearly always very respective of his opponent.

All in all looking forward to seeing Khan wipe the smug self asserting grin of Garcia's fathers face!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:45 pm

Khan has a lot to prove with Garcias dad who is clearly trying to rattle Khan. He just sees that Khan doe not pose a serious threat with his fighting ability. Khan can out box fighters but Garcia is a Mexican and they will not be put off by someone they feel cannot hurt him.

Khan by late stoppage.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:48 pm

Maybes I'm being a little ignorant here, but don't understand why many are interpreting Garcia Snr as being racist.

Just because he said Pakistani or Pakistanian whatever it was, it's not being racist, if he said I've never come across New Zealander who could fight would anyone say he was being racist?

Don't get me wrong I echo the comments of the lads above, Garcia Snr is a clown and I hope Khan demolishes his son and I think he will, but we went through the rounds with race with Khan (some justified) on the old 606, don't see is as a racist statement I'm afraid, just an idiotic one. But maybes I'm being ignorant

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:11 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Khan has a lot to prove with Garcias dad who is clearly trying to rattle Khan. He just sees that Khan doe not pose a serious threat with his fighting ability. Khan can out box fighters but Garcia is a Mexican and they will not be put off by someone they feel cannot hurt him.

Khan by late stoppage.

Garcia is as Mexican as a soggy chip butty.

I do agree, though, that Garcia Senior is trying his best to get at Khan. However, I do think some of what he has said has been racist. Perhaps he hasn't done it intentionally, but he has done it. Like others, I wouldn't mind paying to see Khan and Garcia Senior have a tussle after Khan has dealt with Junior.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

Hopefully Khan beats the stuffing out of him, I can't wait for this fight!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 02 Jul 2012, 10:52 pm

Garcia is of Puerto Rican descent not Mexican

I'm surprised danny Garcia hasn't told him to cool it as its making him look bad and tbh apart from the odd jibe at khan at pressers he doesn't seem nearly as bad as his dad.

Garcia is nowhere near good enoug to beat khan an doesn't have the power to ask questions of his defence. He is a counter puncher and although pretty tidy in the basics he struggled with morales imo for large parts of the fight getting pushed back and outworked by a completely past it morales

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

Cant see Garcia winning this. His dad is trying his very best rattle Khan but its his son that I will feel sorry for in the end cos Khan will be taking his frustration out on him.

Garcia has struggled with the likes of Morales early on, Holt and even Theophane in the past. Which doesn't bode well.

Khan TKO 5

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 03 Jul 2012, 3:27 pm

The guy's losing the plot! We've had the race/nationality issue - here's the latest religion-based incoherent rant from Mr Garcia Sr!

http://www.boxingscene.com/garcia-shreds-roachs-creds-takes-aim-khans-god--54600

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 3:38 pm

Oh dear. Be quiet Mr. Garcia because your son is going to get sparked right out.

I'm not a Khan fan, I don't really like the guy (might raise some eyebrows to the claim) but I've spoken to him a couple of times when he's been going to a few gyms around the North West a few years ago (before his American adventures) and even then he was somewhat arrogant and cocky.

But he is a great boxer and exciting to watch. Khan in 4

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 03 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

Khan for a UD I think. Garcia is fundamentally solid, but he's not great by any means. He's also not fast enough to live with Khan as far as I can see. If he brings a pressurizing game like others have troubled Khan with then he might make it interesting, but I just don't see him having either the craft or the relentless pressure to catch Khan on the ropes. As I say a pick-apart-from-distance UD - or maybe an accumulation TKO.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum