The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newport Gwent Dragons rumoured signings ??

+2
manofgwent
Tommodragon
6 posters

Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons rumoured signings ?? Empty Newport Gwent Dragons rumoured signings ??

Post by Tommodragon Fri 22 Jun 2012, 4:57 pm

Hi all, im new to the forum and wondered if anyone knows of any rumoured signings ? seems to have gone a bit quiet since the news of Ian Nimmo and Tim Ryan, with all the players departed surely there's a bit of money for at least 1 maybe 2 big signings ???

Seems the club are going all out for loyalty, players have been calling the season ticket holders to thank them for re-newing. a nice touch I feel. hope it goes a bit better for them this year.

any info much appreciated

tommodragon

Tommodragon

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons rumoured signings ?? Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons rumoured signings ??

Post by manofgwent Fri 22 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm

Not sure who's coming, but heard rumpled that we're announcing something this week. As per usual nothing has come out of the region. I don't expect much. Maybe a couple of Prem players or lower division players from England.
I heard the players were phoning fans who'd renewed season tickets. Saw a couple of tweets from players saying they had made calls. Haven't renewed for the first time in years, so no call for me. I think the board realise that they need our loyal support and we are definitely owed something from the region. It can't all be one way traffic. The fans should be rewarded for following the Dragons in the bad and bad times!

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons rumoured signings ?? Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons rumoured signings ??

Post by Tommodragon Fri 22 Jun 2012, 7:14 pm

Heard a rumour from a high source that we were in advanced talks with Jason eaton after he turned down the Scarlets, apparently andy Marinos has been helping with the talks, but that's the only big name I've heard

Tommodragon

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Fri 22 Jun 2012, 8:01 pm

rhys downs has signed for newport, but i reckon he'll play a few games for the dragons. also think the pooler player o'driscoll might feature at some point for the dragons. but haven't heard any big name players coming in, but would imagine they would be south african if they are.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommodragon Fri 22 Jun 2012, 8:41 pm

Yea I agree I think geraint o Driscoll will get a shot, he had a few games last year, I'm hoping they give gerwen price a go too, looking forward to seeing hywel stoddart too, I think after last season that the board need to Bring in at least one big name, I think it's the only way that people are going to re-new or come and watch the region, Gareth Owen has been released by the ospreys and I think he would be a great signing, seeing as Jamie smith cant run in a straight line without breaking some part of his anatomy

Tommodragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 23 Jun 2012, 12:14 am

Tony Brown to take the reigns and make Newport great again is a rumour.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon999 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:15 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:Tony Brown to take the reigns and make Newport great again is a rumour.

Not again??

dragon999

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:53 am

dragon999 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Tony Brown to take the reigns and make Newport great again is a rumour.

Not again??

What you'll learn about Cardiff Dave is he'll only deal in wild speculation. See my last post in the Ospreys 8000+ season tickets thread for further proof.

If you're a Dragon supporter, you'll know health reasons don't permit Tony to have such an active role in the Dragons, yet alone an alleged Newport only club where he'll have sole control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 24 Jun 2012, 11:36 am

I think he still dreams of a time when Newport RFC will play a Cardiff RFC choc full of internationals in front of a full CAP

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
dragon999 wrote:

Not again??

What you'll learn about Cardiff Dave is he'll only deal in wild speculation. See my last post in the Ospreys 8000+ season tickets thread for further proof.

If you're a Dragon supporter, you'll know health reasons don't permit Tony to have such an active role in the Dragons, yet alone an alleged Newport only club where he'll have sole control.

Well I didn't know that and it's the first i've heard of it on any message board. Hope he gets better very soon.
I don't deal in wild speculation actually and my wish is for the pro team that plays at Rodney Parade should be at least as good as the one when Tony Brown was in charge. Are Newport GD really going to carry on as they are for lord knows how long unable to compete because they are shackled to the WRUin?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon999 Fri 29 Jun 2012, 11:30 pm

That's exactly where the WRU want the Dragons - unable to compete because no one will invest in 50% of a buisness!!!

dragon999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down