The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk

+8
RinoGattuso
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
UpsideDownFace
talkingpoint
Crimey
Gregers
Adam D
Sunnydapasingh1984
12 posters

Go down

Who do you rate the highest at the moment?

Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Vote_lcap9%Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Vote_lcap14%Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Vote_lcap43%Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 15 ]
Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Vote_lcap34%Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 35

Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Empty Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:38 pm

In my opinion the top four wrestlers in the world at this moment in time.

However in your opinion whom his the best value for money?

For me Austin Aries never seems to disappoint in terms of new move sets, however Daniel Bryan always intrigues me "yes yes yes", AJ Styles in my opinion is very underrated and finally CM Punk was gold last year however seems o be getting 'too commercial' for my liking.

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Empty Re: Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk

Post by Adam D Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:55 pm

I think that Aries is the most complete wrestler of the lot, Punk the best on the mic but out of the four of them, I have always really liked AJ Styles.

Maybe his time has come and gone (perhaps not) but he would be the most believable as champion. Maybe its because he is slightly bigger than the others but I think that out of the four put forward, he should have climbed the highest.

Having said all that, I think Aries could and should be the biggest star going forward.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk Empty Re: Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk

Post by Gregers Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Aries by a country mile

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:08 pm

AJ Styles was always held back by his accent I felt. Even his good in ring work couldn't save him. He wasn't believable enough.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:09 pm

I think AJ's loyalty to TNA may come back to bite him - I don't think he'll ever be 'the man' again in TNA; he may get another world title run or two but it will be transitional to put over the next generation of world champions i.e. storm or crimson. Personally I think AJ should try and make the jump to WWE - he could easily have great feuds with Ziggler, Bryan, Punk, Christian, Rhodes etc Even if he never became world champion in WWE I still think his talents deserve the lime light and mainstream exposure of the WWE and he'd easily make upper midcarder.

Bryan for me still doesn't truly have the air of a WWE main eventer - he still feels like the indie wrestler to me. I'm not sure what needs to happen or change with him, it's hard to put my finger on but I still think he needs a big storyline or feud to truly establish him in my eyes.

I voted for CM Punk - I really respect the WWE for keeping the title on him and they seem to be booking him intelligently. When he does lose the title I am sure it will be more meaningful than just playing swapsies with whoever he's feuding with.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Crimey wrote:AJ Styles was always held back by his accent I felt. Even his good in ring work couldn't save him. He wasn't believable enough.

How would you hook AJ Styles in the 'WWE'? For me potential feuds with Coady and Ziggler could be tv gold.

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Styles is the closest thing to a new Shawn Michaels we have.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Sunnydapasingh1984 wrote:
Crimey wrote:AJ Styles was always held back by his accent I felt. Even his good in ring work couldn't save him. He wasn't believable enough.

How would you hook AJ Styles in the 'WWE'? For me potential feuds with Coady and Ziggler could be tv gold.

I wouldn't. I don't think he's needed by the WWE.

I think if AJ Styles had debuted in WWE, he would not be viewed as that special. He's always been a bit of a big fish in a small pond in TNA and that's why he's not really been a steady main eventer for a few years as TNA has grown.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:49 am

I think Bryan but only cos I feel he is coping well with a bad storyline for him. He has been pushed down and backwards by the script writers but is still managing to keep the crowd going. Aries is the most rounded and doing really well but as Hogan would say it's time for him to step up to the next level brother and prove that he's ready to take this business by storm.

CM Punk is doing well but he seems to be chugging along and has not developed further recently. There seem to be fewer pipe bombs in his arsenal and he seems to be doing his not impressed face more than ever.

AJ Styles is one of my all time favs but he is in decline now. He is getting more limited in the ring and the influx of people like Pope, Aries and Bully Ray into TNA have proven even more that he isn't the greatest stick man.

In conclusion "Yes Yes Yes" need I say anymore?

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 am

If only Shelton Benjamin was good on the Mic.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:22 pm

UpsideDownFace wrote:Styles is the closest thing to a new Shawn Michaels we have.

Completely agree with this, When I first started watching TNA in 2007 this guy blew me away, he has much ability in the ring, it's a shame that he hasn't been pushed as much recently but I still beleive he has a lot to offer tna at the top end of the card

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:06 pm

if we are going purely on in ring skills punk shouldn't be on the poll in fairness, shelton is better as is john morrison
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:if we are going purely on in ring skills punk shouldn't be on the poll in fairness, shelton is better as is john morrison

John Morrison his a botch waiting to happen

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by dislekik Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:29 pm

[quote="Crimey"][quote="Sunnydapasingh1984"]
Crimey wrote:

I think if AJ Styles had debuted in WWE, he would not be viewed as that special. He's always been a bit of a big fish in a small pond in TNA and that's why he's not really been a steady main eventer for a few years as TNA has grown.

There's a video on youtube showing AJ Styles against Hurricane Helms on WWF Metal from years back. Would post the link but as a new member I'm not allowed. Well worth searching for though it's an impressive performance I don't know why WWE didn't want him. He would have made an excellent addition to their cruiserweight division. He was in position to be THE MAN in TNA before Hogan and Bischoff arrived but they felt the need to push ex WWE talent and he got lost in the shuffle.

To answer the original post, at the moment I have to go with Bryan, he's managed to go so much further than anyone would have thought possible this time last year and is getting pops just as loud as CM Punk. He's got himself over without much help from the writers and is able to get a believable match out of just about anyone, even Big Show.

dislekik

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Wow. Neck and neck between Bryan and Aries.

Not being a regular WWE viewer I went with A Double...best wrestler I have ever seen, in terms of ring craft. Also, despite ostensibly being a heel, he's also incredibly likeable, as he rarely, if ever resorts to dirty tricks and backs up his bragging with great performances.

I'm looking forward to seeing whether he takes up Hogan's offer of dropping his X Division belt for a shot at the Heavyweight title.

As for AJ Styles, while he may be past his peak, I reckon he's still got enough about him to be a credible champ. He still has the speed and agility of an X Division wrestler and still regularly goes for high-risk moves. Possibly the only thing holding him back (aside from the amount of talent around him) his the fact he's a little one-dimensional, personality wise. He doesn't seem to have deviated from his "good, honest country boy" character and its very difficult to imagine him as a heel. Hope he gets another run with a belt, whichever one it is, sooner rather than later.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 am

Sunnydapasingh1984 wrote:
Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:if we are going purely on in ring skills punk shouldn't be on the poll in fairness, shelton is better as is john morrison

John Morrison his a botch waiting to happen

and cm punk isn't? morrison barely botched, cm punk does all the time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down