The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southern Hemisphere 6 - Scotland 2

+5
Shifty
KickAndChase
Biltong
TJ1
anotherworldofpain
9 posters

Go down

Southern Hemisphere 6 - Scotland 2 Empty Southern Hemisphere 6 - Scotland 2

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:55 am

Who would think at this point would be Scotland fly the flag for European rugby?

Well done!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Southern Hemisphere 6 - Scotland 2 Empty Re: Southern Hemisphere 6 - Scotland 2

Post by TJ1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:58 am

:-)

Don't remind the others - they don't like it

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:00 am

Maybe you should add Argentina's win over Italy as well.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 am

biltongbek wrote:Maybe you should add Argentina's win over Italy as well.

I don't care about it. Argentina and Italy bore me. Is Argentina really a "Southern Hemisphere" team? I know geographically yes, but they style too much to the north. When they starting in the 4RC I will include in the counting. thumbsup

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:16 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:Who would think at this point would be Scotland fly the flag for European rugby?

Well done!

Actually given their fixture list compared to the others ... I kind of did.

Let's see what happens when NZ, SA (& Tonga) come in the autumn... there's only so many one-off matches you can win before the SH teams will get wary. For example next time we play Aus they will only put out their strongest.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 am

Argentina beat france tonight - so thats Scotland remain the only NH side to win a match yet :-)

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:02 am

Na Wales did beat the Brumbies so we did win a match also. Whistle

I just wish Wales could of played the team Australia put out instead of playing the best they have available.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:08 am

KickAndChase wrote:
anotherworldofpain wrote:Who would think at this point would be Scotland fly the flag for European rugby?

Well done!

Let's see what happens when NZ, SA (& Tonga) come in the autumn... there's only so many one-off matches you can win before the SH teams will get wary. For example next time we play Aus they will only put out their strongest.

Wow, how bitter. The Ozzie team this year was not that far off what they played against the welsh, and we beat them the last time they came over.

Seems unfair not to celebrate Scotland's 2 for 2. Still a good result

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 am

Riskysports wrote:
KickAndChase wrote:

Well done!

Wow, how bitter. The Ozzie team this year was not that far off what they played against the welsh, and we beat them the last time they came over.

Seems unfair not to celebrate Scotland's 2 for 2. Still a good result

Don't know if you know I'm Scottish? Wink

I actually didn't realise this was MY quote ... it was poorly phrased and I'll elaborate. I think in general the big 3 still view us with the 'banana skin' mentality, especially when we're away from home, and that involves a certain kind of mental preparation (or lack thereof) as compared to playing the other 5N teams - the Scotland match being on a Tuesday right before the Welsh one being the exact case in point. Whilst I agree the Ozzie line up was the strongest they could field, and Scotland can only play what's in front of them, I can't help but think the next time Australia do play us they are going to be going for our blood big time, as an issue of pride - especially if the line up stays much the same their side.

Does this mean they'll beat us that time? No, not necessarily by any means. But we have a lot yet to do before we can convincingly say "not at all" in that patriotic way we want.

I am of course celebrating our two from two, but given our recent record, or let's be honest our record since the turn of the millenium (which really gives a sense of scale) I'm not going to truly celebrate until one of the following happens in the future:

1. Defeat Samoa, South Africa and Tonga in upcoming matches. Don't get *completely* trounced by the ABs.
2. Beat the ABs
3. Finish 3rd or higher in the 6 nations 2 years in 3, with the other year being at least 4th, something like that.
4. Win the 6N or come a convincing second.
5. Win 6 matches in a row against any opposition?

Something like that, that proves these are not one offs and that we're really back.

In the meantime, I am definitely pleased of the 2 from 2. You literally can't ask any more from the touring squad, so well done lads clap

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by protea438 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:12 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:

I don't care about it. Argentina and Italy bore me. Is Argentina really a "Southern Hemisphere" team? I know geographically yes, but they style too much to the north. When they starting in the 4RC I will include in the counting. thumbsup

But yet you count a win over Fiji in the score (who are not in the 4 nations) Erm

protea438

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Who would have thunk it indeed! Scotland needed these victories, I hope they go to Samoa and put in a solid effort. Then Autumn internationals. If we could win 2 from 3 of those then it would be a great achievement and a great consolation for Scottish fans after the dismal 6 nations.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:40 pm

protea438 wrote:

But yet you count a win over Fiji in the score (who are not in the 4 nations) Erm

There's no logic in his reasoning.Southern Hemisphere 6 - Scotland 2 Smiley-confused013
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:08 am

biltongbek wrote:
protea438 wrote:

There's no logic in his reasoning.Southern Hemisphere 6 - Scotland 2 Smiley-confused013

But they compete with the 3N second side in south pacific cup so they are "SH" team. And Scotland home nation team in the Lions and also competing to the 6N teams.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:30 am

biltongbek wrote:
protea438 wrote:

But they compete with the 3N second side in south pacific cup so they are "SH" team. And Scotland home nation team in the Lions and also competing to the 6N teams.
But, but, but argentina is a fournations team now. But, but Italy is a six nations team now.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:49 am

In your last article AWOP you said you didn't care about Scotland yet here you are writing about them.

You don't half talk some utter cack.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:04 am

Shifty wrote:Na Wales did beat the Brumbies so we did win a match also. Whistle

I just wish Wales could of played the team Australia put out instead of playing the best they have available.
Yeah right

15 of the players in the 22 were the same IIRC and Niether team was the strongest they could put out. the team to play Scotland was not significantly weaker

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:51 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:In your last article AWOP you said you didn't care about Scotland yet here you are writing about them.

You don't half talk some utter cack.

I learn to care Tattie!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down