The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forget price vs fury. this is the biggest fight in britan today (hopefully)

+8
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
ShockmasterV2
hampo17
azania
BallchinianMuffwig
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
OasisBFC
eddyfightfan
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

forget price vs fury. this is the biggest fight in britan today (hopefully) Empty forget price vs fury. this is the biggest fight in britan today (hopefully)

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 4:29 pm

a lot of talk and speculation about fury vs price has been going on. who's ducking who? fury vacated his titles yet price refused a $100,000 offer to fight on channel 5 against him, so its impossible to say but according to an Irish based site that may not matter anymore.

it has been claimed that price will fight mike the rebel perez on the khan vs garcia undercard. this is great news if it comes about, in my opinion perez is the best heavyweight in the country (price, fury and haye included). his power is phenomenal, and his work rate is higher than any other hw at the moment in Britain. he is small for a heavyweight but showed against tye fields that he doesnt struggle getting inside against a taller opponent. his 1st round KO to win the prizefighter international tournament proved that.

this is the toughest test price has faced by far, and i fight i see him losing. i hope this is the case as although im a fan of price and fury, this guy hasnt had the credit he deserves. for reasons unknown perez has struggled to get fights, managing only a win against zack page, and a win on a US debut since prizefighter. he was supposedly made an offer by the fury camp, which according to mike, they responded to and were ignored.

a win for mike would be huge, opening up fights against either fury or the haye/chisora winner, then maybe onto bigger things.

i imagine people might be backing price in this one, any see a different outcome like me?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

forget price vs fury. this is the biggest fight in britan today (hopefully) Empty Re: forget price vs fury. this is the biggest fight in britan today (hopefully)

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 4:29 pm

http://www.irish-boxing.com/2012/06/mike-the-rebel-perez-to-face-david-price-on-july-14/

link to story

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

forget price vs fury. this is the biggest fight in britan today (hopefully) Empty Re: forget price vs fury. this is the biggest fight in britan today (hopefully)

Post by OasisBFC Sat 16 Jun 2012, 4:37 pm

great fight and yes, one price could lose. i rate perez too, wish he was more active.

i think price will win though.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Jun 2012, 4:42 pm

Perez looked good for a fat lump Haye would comfortably beat any fighter who turns up with a belly like that.

I can't stand fighters who can't be bothered getting in shape.

If it happens I hope Price destroys him and he should, losing to a fat bloke would be embarrassing.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 4:55 pm

i understand your point, but maybe he needs the weight to compete at heavy, hes not that big for the weight at all. ive never seen his fitness been a issue in a fight so far, and he throws a lot of punches.

prices chin would defintely be tested, something yet to happen.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:03 pm

He's fat no need to be nice about it. He's 3 inches shorter than Haye and usually about 15-20lbs heavier than him. I have no patience for it. The guys supposed to be an athlete.

Their should be a maximum weight for heavies some of the guys that Deontay Wilder has fought have been ridiculous a fair few have been 300lbs plus. Its embarrassing for the sport. No one wants to see a set of moobs bouncing about in high definition.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:03 pm

Hopefully a good, credible win for Price if it goes ahead. Not been "wowed" by Perez the way you do by alot of the Cuban pros, plus he seems like a nasty bam

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:17 pm

i dont think perez will just stand on the end of a jab like all his other opponents, if he gets through perez then he would seem to have all the bases covered in his game.

hes in no worse condition than chisora, not held him back.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:22 pm

If Perez lands it will test prices chin which there is a question mark about he was sparked out as an amateur.

Chisoras a fat lump who got beat off of Fury and lost 3 of his last 4 granted 1 was contentious but he was well beat off Fury.

He got lucky that his promoter is tight with Sauerland or he would never have got the Helenius fight, which in turn would have meant no Vitali fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

he still performed well, and showed to be near the top of the contenders.

problem with perez is he wont just land one, he'll land 5.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:36 pm

Perez will spark out the seriously chinny Price the moment he lands.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:39 pm

Az talking rubbish again, your hatred of Price is borderline ridiculous. If he'd struggled with Sexton and McDermott you'd slate him, if he smashes them you slate him. Deserves the same credit that Chisora and Fury got.

Would be a good fight and a very tough fight, wouldn't it be nice if all our British heavyweight prospects wanted touch tests instead of fighting guys not even in the top 100 in the world.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:42 pm

its a fair comment- i think perez will get him out early

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:he still performed well, and showed to be near the top of the contenders.

problem with perez is he wont just land one, he'll land 5.

He never performed well against Fury he got beat pretty comfortably in the end and being near the top of the contenders in the heavyweight divison is hardly an astounding achievement just now. I don't doubt Perez has ability but I just can't stand the fat heavies. Guys like Perez, Chisora, Fury, Peters, Chambers, and Povetkin could be doing with losing a few lbs.

An in shape Perez would interest me but not a fat one. If he turns up out of shape Price should beat him comfortably if he didn't then he is a fraud and all hype imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:51 pm

alot of those guys would be cruisers if they lost much weight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:51 pm

hampo171 wrote:Az talking rubbish again, your hatred of Price is borderline ridiculous. If he'd struggled with Sexton and McDermott you'd slate him, if he smashes them you slate him. Deserves the same credit that Chisora and Fury got.

Would be a good fight and a very tough fight, wouldn't it be nice if all our British heavyweight prospects wanted touch tests instead of fighting guys not even in the top 100 in the world.

What hatred? The hype of price is ridiculous to be fair. Who has he fought? Fury gets criticised for his fights, but at least he fought and beat Chisora who is far and away better than anyone Price has been in with.

Plus I can't help but recall Price going all bambi legged in the olympics. Perez will spark him out without a doubt. Good fight to take though even though Perez is not as risky as Fury taking on Chisora.

Has Price fought anyone in the top 1000 yet?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:52 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:alot of those guys would be cruisers if they lost much weight.

No money there.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 5:56 pm

exactly, thats my point. i dont mind fighters overweight as long as there capable of 12 rounds

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockmasterV2 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:04 pm

alright chaps, not too sure where the hatred of Price and new found fondness of Perez has come from! But regarding the fight, this is the type of fight Price needs to be taking if he wants to follow the correct way to the top. Perez will be a real handful and despite his lack of physique and conditioning, i see him having the potential to be a real turning point in Prices' career. I think Price has enough in his reputoir to be able to handle this test and his jab and work rate would probably lead to a wide decision/late stoppage.

As a fan of Fury i just wish these were the sort of fights he were taking. It's so frustrating!
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:09 pm

ShockmasterV2 wrote:alright chaps, not too sure where the hatred of Price and new found fondness of Perez has come from! But regarding the fight, this is the type of fight Price needs to be taking if he wants to follow the correct way to the top. Perez will be a real handful and despite his lack of physique and conditioning, i see him having the potential to be a real turning point in Prices' career. I think Price has enough in his reputoir to be able to handle this test and his jab and work rate would probably lead to a wide decision/late stoppage.

As a fan of Fury i just wish these were the sort of fights he were taking. It's so frustrating!

Price needs this fight like a hole in the head. Its a bigger gift for Perez. Perez will spark him out. Price has only fought stiffs and plums. This is his first live opponent who will test his chin. His chin will be found wanting.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

i far from hate price. im just a big fan of perez every since the prizefighter tournament which i went to. he looked unstoppable, and i think he is the best uk fighter at the moment, the only reason i say this about price is because thats the fight supposedly happening.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:12 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:alot of those guys would be cruisers if they lost much weight.

No they wouldn't if they got off the sofa put the junk food down and got in the gym. Haye moved up from cruiser and was never out of shape. There is no excuse it's just laziness.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:14 pm

haye struggled to make the weight at cruiser though

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockmasterV2 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:15 pm

azania wrote:
ShockmasterV2 wrote:alright chaps, not too sure where the hatred of Price and new found fondness of Perez has come from! But regarding the fight, this is the type of fight Price needs to be taking if he wants to follow the correct way to the top. Perez will be a real handful and despite his lack of physique and conditioning, i see him having the potential to be a real turning point in Prices' career. I think Price has enough in his reputoir to be able to handle this test and his jab and work rate would probably lead to a wide decision/late stoppage.

Price needs this fight like a hole in the head. Its a bigger gift for Perez. Perez will spark him out. Price has only fought stiffs and plums. This is his first live opponent who will test his chin. His chin will be found wanting.

Azania, at the end of the day, how do people like Price sway your perception of them without taking these sorts of fights?
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:17 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:haye struggled to make the weight at cruiser though

Not really he was always pretty comfortably inside the cruiserweight limit until the end when he knew he was moving up to heavyweight. You can put weight on without it becoming fat.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

Price for me is seriously boring. Totally devoid of charisma and imo bad for boxing if the HW champ is free from charisma. Look at the damage K2 are doing to boxing.

No fear though, Price will not reach the mountain top. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

we've never seen price not have it his own way.

and that particular prizefighter wasnt bad. sprott, tye fields, airich (german champ at the time) and the french champ were all in the mix. and he had 2 first round kos, granted not awe inspiring but still impressive.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

For me Perez looks the better fighter. The height may be an issue and Price does bang a bit. But Perez will work his way on and KO price within 3 rounds.

TIMBEEEERRR!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:35 pm

I don't really see how perez is the guy to knock price out.

I think perez might be a little overrated in here, bar prizefighter he has done nothing and hasn't shown the same power or handspeed meaning he has gone the distance in his last 2 fights

Everyone keeps saying price is chinny but the fact remains he hasn't been hurt or hit the floor as a pro, which means that hes good enough to stay away from power punches

Perez is about 230lbs and 6'0 meaning he will have real size disadvantages vs price as I can't see how he passes the jab, he's not exactly elusive

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

alma wrote:I think you'd get good odds on that Az. Put your money where your mouth is?

I don't gamble.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:39 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I don't really see how perez is the guy to knock price out.

I think perez might be a little overrated in here, bar prizefighter he has done nothing and hasn't shown the same power or handspeed meaning he has gone the distance in his last 2 fights

Everyone keeps saying price is chinny but the fact remains he hasn't been hurt or hit the floor as a pro, which means that hes good enough to stay away from power punches

Perez is about 230lbs and 6'0 meaning he will have real size disadvantages vs price as I can't see how he passes the jab, he's not exactly elusive

Of course he hasn't been hurt as a pro. He's been fed on numpties. He did a bambi dance against an Italian Cop in the Olympics by a punch which didn't look all that.

Any boxer can look to have a Holmes like jab when hitting someone who doesn;t move.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:41 pm

Frank Maloney is far too shrewd to take a risk with Price this early in his career, and Maloney and his people will know exactly how good Perez is and that will be not good enough.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:43 pm

he beat zack page by a wider margin than fury, puluev or seth mitchell did, nobody get him out of there and he's fought everbody. and he didnt drop a round to the other guy who has gone the distance with tua, arreloa, gunn and povetkin.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:44 pm

alma wrote:
azania wrote:
alma wrote:I think you'd get good odds on that Az. Put your money where your mouth is?

I don't gamble.

but price getting Ktfo is a sure thing from what you're saying. I have no idea personally as I've never seen perez fight.

Err, don't you understand? I don't gamble at all. Not even play the lottery.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:45 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Frank Maloney is far too shrewd to take a risk with Price this early in his career, and Maloney and his people will know exactly how good Perez is and that will be not good enough.

That's what I reckon also. The fight wont happen.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:45 pm

alma wrote:
azania wrote:

I don't gamble.

but price getting Ktfo is a sure thing from what you're saying. I have no idea personally as I've never seen perez fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptx5gF-MpNo

fields had already beat sprott earlier that evening

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:47 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:
alma wrote:
azania wrote:

I don't gamble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptx5gF-MpNo

fields had already beat sprott earlier that evening

Sprott is better than anyone Price has fought.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm

Just as a point Price put on twitter his next right would probably be at the boardwalk hall and that any potential opponents being mentioned where false.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:52 pm

hampo171 wrote:Just as a point Price put on twitter his next right would probably be at the boardwalk hall and that any potential opponents being mentioned where false.

After ducking Fury, he's looking to duck Perez.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 6:54 pm

This was put on twitter about a week ago. Not getting in to the ducking nonsense, all I say is that it wasn't Price who ditched the belts hours before purse bids.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 7:02 pm

hampo171 wrote:This was put on twitter about a week ago. Not getting in to the ducking nonsense, all I say is that it wasn't Price who ditched the belts hours before purse bids.

And Price rejected £100k to fight him with far more viewers on C5.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 7:05 pm

the fuss between fury and price is daft. i think richard towers would probably beat them both too.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 16 Jun 2012, 7:10 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:the fuss between fury and price is daft. i think richard towers would probably beat them both too.

I've seen him a couple of times and he looks decent. They'll both stay well clear of him I reckon.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Jun 2012, 7:15 pm

Who cares Deontay Wilder beats them all with a bit to spare.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 16 Jun 2012, 7:22 pm

Perez used to be trained up north by McCrory. According to Glen he could be a lazy trainer and lacked discipline, which is often the case with those born with God given talent. If he comes in fit he can beat Price by using the correct tactics. He won't be able to rush David like he did against Fields because Price has good power with short hooks. Price obviously has the range to keep a short guy at bay, but Perez has the tools to negate this advantage (i.e. footwork and head movement combined with speed). Given Perez's height he will be a sucker for the right uppercut so he will have to be careful in his offense. Perez needs to close the distance quickly, work the body with fluries and then retreat just as quick, he need to be very disciplined in his game plan or risk being knocked out by Prices short powerful hooks and uppercuts. However, whether Price has the chin to throw these short punches (thus expose himself) while against the ropes and under attack is another question that will need to be answered. If his chin has not improved then it is in this scenario that he will be stopped rather than be KO'd.

Saying that though, Perez being shorter than Price means he is liable to be knocked out at distance. Perez can only keep his gaurd so high and that means a portion of his upper head will always be exposed to a giant. Price has the power to throw a single overhand right against the skull cap and still be able stun an opponent.....and if Price stuns, he finishes!

So many possibilities.......Should be a cracking fight!!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm

perez used a weird technique in the fields fight (whos about prices height). he held both hands above his head high up in front of him, and it seemed to negate his jab well.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 16 Jun 2012, 7:34 pm

The way Price as performed in his career to date, I think the opposition need to more wary of Price than the other way round.

Lets be fair Price has won his fights with total ease.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jun 2012, 7:41 pm

so would perez has he faced the same opposition

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 16 Jun 2012, 8:06 pm

Personally hope Price knocks the lot of them out, will always be supporting the British fighter, just my patriotic way.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Jun 2012, 8:12 pm

azania wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:the fuss between fury and price is daft. i think richard towers would probably beat them both too.

I've seen him a couple of times and he looks decent. They'll both stay well clear of him I reckon.

Apparently he is close to be sparked out right now and is lucky he hasn't been stopped.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next