The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd Mayweather tested positive three times?

+10
jimdig
AlexHuckerby
tunes666
paul12342
milkyboy
paperbag_puncher
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Rowley
azania
Union Cane
14 posters

Go down

Floyd Mayweather tested positive three times? Empty Floyd Mayweather tested positive three times?

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

Gabriel Montoya of Maxboxing.com might be onto the story of the decade. Apparently he has sources who are divulging blockbuster information, if the information is actually true.

Montoya is gaining recognition for his drug testing and potential cover-up stories and was recently countered with a letter from Golden Boy law firm Lerman, Painter & Spitz LLP.

Jeffrey Spitz is none too pleased by Montoya's work.

In a letter to Montoya dated May 23, 2012, Spitz wrote: "...(Montoya) asserted to the Nevada State Athletic Commission that (he has) received information that Golden Boy attempted to obtain an agreement from the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) not to disclose a potential B sample test until after the tested boxer had participated in the scheduled fight. (Montoya) further asserted that Golden Boy had entered into an agreement with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) which contained such a provision. You have also claimed that Golden Boy entered into a contract with USADA for testing in connection with Floyd Mayweather fights which provided inadvertant use exemption that would permit a positive test to be excused if the result were inadvertant use. And that Mayweather had tested positive on three occasions which were excused under the inadvertant use provision."

Whoa.

Spitz of course denies Montoya's views, writing, "Each of these statements is false and defames and severely damanges Golden Boy and others (most obviously Mr. Mayweather) and its and their reputations in the boxing and sports community.

If Montoya has a credible source, this development suggests someone, perhaps from the Nevada State Athletic Commision, might have shared crucial information to Montoya, who is a respected journalist and though I don't know him, I highly doubt he would fabricate anything so potentially damaging.

Actually, if you remember, two years ago, in the midst of the Pacquiao-Mayweather first round of negotiations which were ultimately canceled by Mayweather, the award-winning boxing scribe Thomas Hauser, was pressuring Oscar De La Hoya in February 2010 to sign a waiver so that the Nevada State Athletic Commission could release records of drug tests conducted on De La Hoya when he was fighting. The implication was that De La Hoya might have tested positive for something during his career and perhaps because of similar contract provisions, to those mentioned above by Montoya, those De La Hoya test results were kept concealed from becoming public knowledge.

As far as I know, De La Hoya never did sign the waiver to release his performance-enhancing drug test results. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude why.

Mayweather has famously been the leading accuser of PED use by other boxers in the sport. But as we all know, when you point a finger at someone, three of your fingers are pointing back at yourself. Could it be possible that Mayweather is a PED user for years and via Golden Boy contract provisions, has been protected from having his tests released to the public?

Is it possible that someone on the inside of the Nevada State Athletic Commission has grown weary of the hypocricy and subsequently has taken the courageous action to inform Montoya?

Yes, anything is possible at this point.

In the sport of tennis, a few years ago a South American outsider Marcelo Rios, who actually was ranked #1 in the world for six weeks in 1998, insinuated that the powers-that-be of tennis conspired to protect certain American stars from having their PED test results revealed to the public...

Rios stated that he suspected the ATP protects high-profile Americans of doping: "I know that if nandrolone were found on (Andre) Agassi, they would not disclose it. He is a very prominent, very popular player and if he were to fall, the world of tennis would fall with him. The ATP would not say it. They are such a large dependent organization that it would be a problem if Agassi or (Pete) Sampras tested positive. [We] the South Americans have discussed it repeatedly. It is a complicated subject. I do not have problem in saying it: we always said, (we asked ourselves) who publicly certifies the doping tests of Agassi or Sampras?"

"I would love to be able to see and certify Agassi's doping tests because now I currently have no idea who is doing the test, and who decides who gets it and who doesn't."

"I know that if they were to find nandrolone on Agassi, they wouldn't say it to anybody. It would taint his reputation and bring tennis down dramatically. ATP would not say it. It is such a large organization that it would be a problem if Agassi tested positive."

Would Golden Boy conspire with the Nevada State Athletic Commission to protect the test results of the top American star Floyd Mayweather "three times" in order to perserve his star status and money-making abilities?

Some people apparently do know the truth. Let's hope Gabriel Montoya stays on this story and he can discover and share the truth with the public, who eagerly and curiously await the results of his investigations.

http://www.examiner.com/article/floyd-mayweather-tested-positive-three-times

Thoughts?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather tested positive three times? Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather tested positive three times?

Post by azania Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:45 pm

Pure conjecture.

azania

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather tested positive three times? Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather tested positive three times?

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:46 pm

Lot of what ifs and such like in there, one thing I do know though is if this is not true someone is going to get sued really, really badly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:54 pm

This is just opinionated rubbish.

Why would they conduct tests only to hide the results!? why not fake them and have all negetive results.

"When someone is pointing a finger, there are 3 pointing back"!? Outrageous thing to say haha

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:56 pm

I'm playing devil's advocate here but it always amused me when fans of PBF used the whole Mannys on PEDs angle to discredit Manny when logically Floyd could be in the same boat.

Mayweather has successfully moved up through the weights just as Manny has. He is always the one who has stamina to burn in the championship rounds and has gotten stronger the further up in weight he goes. But as we know its all down to "hard work and dedication" Whereas Manny must be on something.

Peterson called for testing. Berto accused Ortiz of juicing. Looks like being vocal about it means absolutely nothing in a sport where PEDs seem to be rampant.

Just a thought.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

don't come on here thinking paperbag. This is a place for knee jerk hyperbole and mindless ranting. Get with the program

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:09 pm

milkyboy wrote:don't come on here thinking paperbag. This is a place for knee jerk hyperbole and mindless ranting. Get with the program

Sorry Milky I forgot where I was and got carried away.. Lucky I have wise old sods like yourself to keep me on the straight and narrow Run

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by paul12342 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:14 pm

Yeah Mayweathers reasoning that Pacquiao moving up in weight was an indicator made no sense to me either.

Its not as if no other boxer in history has moved up in weight.Also didnt Pac turn pro at fifteen or sixteen.

When i was sixteen i was nine stone im now thirty and nearer to fourteen stone. Iv done it naturally eating cakes and drinking beer in just my pants on my days off from work just like Pacquiao could of.

The going up in weight argument of Mayweather is pretty rubbish.

paul12342

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

...when you're as old and sodlike as me paperbag, you frequently forget where you are, who you are and what you had for breakfast.

i've tried the victoria sponge diet too paul and have moved effortlessly from light welter to cruiser through the years. No need for peds, if you're a real men eh!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by paul12342 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:32 pm

Exactly milkyboy pure hardwork and dedication

paul12342

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:35 pm

paul12342 wrote:When i was sixteen i was nine stone im now thirty

Same here mate, same here.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

Would not shock me at all.. Money talks and cowpat walks and who's called money man?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:20 pm

A million what ifs... Needs to be a tad more concrete.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:46 pm

THe story is conjecture, but Montoya was on Bunce's show saying that he had a huge story to break this year, that would put his Bradley and Berto stories in the shade.
He didn't give a single hint as to what it was mind you.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 12 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

mayweather never used to be bothered about testing until manny came into his picture. just a thought.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

I've spoken to Gabe Montoya a fair bit on Twitter, before and after he's been breaking these stories. The guy has built up quite a following and a very close working relationship with Victor Conte...

His recent post has been:

Gabriel Montoya™ ‏@Gabriel_Montoya

The question is for Floyd fans: If there was even a hint that Pacquiao had tested positive and it was hidden, what would you be saying now? Again, I am not saying Floyd did test positive. I am asking if that rumor existed for Pacquiao. would you going at me to find it? Or no?

It seems pretty open to suggestion, despite outting Peterson and Berto, he's quick to give a clear and somewhat balanced view of the situation (Learning about Berto's samples - at which I have posted enough about, there is two sides to the story).

Gabe has mentioned Floyd a few times, I remember him questioning if Floyd was tested positive a couple of weeks back, but until it's posted by him with defined evidence... it'll just raise suspicion but nothing more.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:21 pm

More anti Floyd nonsense from an awful boxing writer. He's getting sued by GBP for his last piece of unwarranted tripe.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:27 pm

I wasnt aware of those clauses that were included. They basically seem to "cover up" clauses. They should definately not be allowed to be effective, if they do indeed exist. If someone fails a test, it should be made public or at least known to the relevant bodies and if there is a legitimate mitagating reason then deal with it in due course.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down