The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite Rugby Photos of the Last Season

+9
yappysnap
Rory_Gallagher
Biltong
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Cymroglan
Cari
PJHolybloke
Notch
13 posters

Go down

Your favourite Rugby Photos of the Last Season Empty Your favourite Rugby Photos of the Last Season

Post by Notch Thu 07 Jun 2012, 7:28 pm

I thought this would make an interesting discussion. Share your favourite rugbyphotos from the last season. Can be professional, amateur snaps or your own personal shots. Could be of your favourite club, province, region, national side or anything side.

Please note to keep the forum work-friendly the admins prefer you to post images inside spoiler tags.

I'll start with a few Ulster shots from our Heineken Cup run. This photo of Rory Best enjoying a lap of honour with his son after our win against Edinburgh is for me the pick of the bunch;

Spoiler:

A shot of the (obviously exhausted) team celebrating the upset against Munster on Easter Sunday;

Spoiler:

And then, desolation in the end; Darren Cave watches the trophy presentation to Leinster.

Spoiler:

And thanks for the memories; Brian McLaughlins last big win as Ulster coach saw us through to our second ever Heineken final;

Spoiler:

My tastes are VERY Ulster-centric. But I'm excited about hearing about the key moments in the season for fans of other clubs, and seeing the pictures that will last long in your memories OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Rugby Photos of the Last Season Empty Re: Your favourite Rugby Photos of the Last Season

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:57 pm

Wow, this could be fun. Your favourite Rugby Photos of the Last Season Smiley-scared002
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Rugby Photos of the Last Season Empty Re: Your favourite Rugby Photos of the Last Season

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

Scratch that one, just opened your spoilers bud.

Not "those" knid of photos then... Your favourite Rugby Photos of the Last Season Smiley-confused005
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:23 am

This is my favourite photo of last season, it won second prize in one of the sports sections in the World Press Photo competition 2012.

Spoiler:

It's just so evocative, it speaks to you. It's like a whole story in a single shot - proof positive that a picture "paints" way more than a thousand words.

You can read a little more about the picture and photographer (Ray McManus) here.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/probably-the-best-day-of-my-career-irish-photographer-wins-at-world-press-photo-awards-351913-Feb2012/

KiaRose first published the picture on the forum earlier this year.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:41 am

My personal faves. Go without saying.

Love this photo, I respect Sam so much as a captain, and he still held the trophy aloft despite injury Smile

Spoiler:

One of my fave moments from the world cup - Tommy running like a loony down the pitch Very Happy
Spoiler:

Great pic from the Pro12 final:
Spoiler:

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:38 am

Word cup
Spoiler:

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:45 am

Spoiler:

Help coach these lads
Spoiler:

Great day for Musnter in a mixed season

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:49 am

Zebo Time!

Great pics guys.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:50 am

Zeee-bo, whoaaaaooooooooh. Or the classic Zebo, Zebo!!!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:06 am

Spoiler:

Yahoo Very Happy
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:26 am

Kiwi, some of the photos from Auckland during the RWC stand out in the memory. Just masses and masses upon masses of rugby fans!

Spoiler:
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:31 am

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:35 am

Over 61.000 Welsh fans watching the Wales v France on the big screen at the Millennium Stadium during the World Cup

Spoiler:

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:54 am

I was there Cymro...here's a pic I took from my seat:

Spoiler:

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:36 pm

biltongbek wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Is that your son biltong?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

For Quins it has to be
Spoiler:

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 08 Jun 2012, 4:37 pm

Yes, rory the one and only.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 08 Jun 2012, 4:54 pm

Sod the World Cup. These photos from last year stand out in the memory. Rousing stuff! http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/galleries/4683969/Super-Rugby-cheerleaders

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 08 Jun 2012, 4:57 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Sod the World Cup. These photos from last year stand out in the memory. Rousing stuff! http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/galleries/4683969/Super-Rugby-cheerleaders
laughing thumbsup
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 4:59 pm

yappysnap wrote:For Quins it has to be
Spoiler:

Yep but some others too:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 08 Jun 2012, 5:20 pm

biltongbek wrote:Yes, rory the one and only.

thumbsup

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 5:22 pm

biltongbek wrote:Yes, rory the one and only.

Hug heartwarming, that is!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 11 Jun 2012, 12:30 pm

Has to be this one for me.

O'Driscoll playing in only his 4th game of the season, in a HC final, 8 days after knee surgery, drops his shoulder and creates space for O'Brien and throws this fantastic offload. You can see the stitches have burst on his knee too. What a man.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mickado on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon 11 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Sod the World Cup. These photos from last year stand out in the memory. Rousing stuff! http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/galleries/4683969/Super-Rugby-cheerleaders

Oh my good god.

I think I've just become a sharks fan.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 11 Jun 2012, 3:46 pm

Mickado wrote:Has to be this one for me.

O'Driscoll playing in only his 4th game of the season, in a HC final, 8 days after knee surgery, drops his shoulder and creates space for O'Brien and throws this fantastic offload. You can see the stitches have burst on his knee too. What a man.

Spoiler:

I bet his doctor doesn't think thats such a great picture Shocked
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 11 Jun 2012, 7:15 pm

BOD!!! warning

I like this picture too...great way to score a try!
Spoiler:

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:15 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:

Oh my good god.

I think I've just become a sharks fan.

notworthy Duly roused.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down