The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Latest Books - The On The Buses Quiz Book and (Coming Soon) An A-Z of On The Buses

4 posters

Go down

My Latest Books - The On The Buses Quiz Book and (Coming Soon) An A-Z of On The Buses Empty My Latest Books - The On The Buses Quiz Book and (Coming Soon) An A-Z of On The Buses

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 2 Jun - 22:00

I am delighted to reveal that now available in e-book format is my second ever publication courtesy of Apex Publishing Limited. The On The Buses Quiz Book is available from Amazon to download in e-book format only at:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0087FQZNG

The book contains 1,000 questions about On The Buses covering all aspects of the comedy phenomenon from characters to actors from the television series to the films. It tests your knowledge on the writers, crew, filming locations, buses and lots more. Catch the bus and test your knowledge. Are you only dim enough to be a driver (as Blakey would say) or will your knowledge see you make the grade as inspector. Test your knowledge on the great British sitcom now.

Craig Walker (Now proud author of 'On The Buses: The Complete Story' and 'The On The Buses Quiz Book')

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Sat 2 Nov - 10:04; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

My Latest Books - The On The Buses Quiz Book and (Coming Soon) An A-Z of On The Buses Empty Re: My Latest Books - The On The Buses Quiz Book and (Coming Soon) An A-Z of On The Buses

Post by Guest Wed 6 Jun - 11:31

Let me be the first to congratulate you on 606v2! I don't normally come past these parts of the board but just happened to stumble my way into here. It's a fairly niche area you have started with, however I can see that it could be a popular choice for a stocking filler for the more nostalgic members of the community (although they would probably prefer the softback version if one exists). clap

Back to top Go down

My Latest Books - The On The Buses Quiz Book and (Coming Soon) An A-Z of On The Buses Empty Re: My Latest Books - The On The Buses Quiz Book and (Coming Soon) An A-Z of On The Buses

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 10 Jun - 22:36

Cheers Nore Staat. The quiz book will only be available as an e-book but my first book is available in hardback - On The Buses: The Complete Story.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by harris.margaret9 Thu 28 Jun - 8:01

Wow this is fantastic. I had really enjoyed the hilarious antics of Stan Butler (Reg Varney) and his family.

harris.margaret9

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 22 Sep - 21:49

harris.margaret9 wrote:Wow this is fantastic. I had really enjoyed the hilarious antics of Stan Butler (Reg Varney) and his family.

Have you purchased the quiz book then? If so I'd be happy to hear your opinions.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 2 Nov - 10:05

Coming soon to bookstores near you is An A-Z of On The Buses written by Craig Walker  and published by Troubador Publishing Limited. The book explores the hit sitcom from many angles containing rare interviews with the late Bob Grant, anecdotes from cast and crew members, details on buses used, production companies and studios and lots more. In a A-Z format find full character biographies, cast and crew bios and a range of photographs to capture the flavour of the book. If you grew up watching On The Buses when it first aired it offers a trip down memory lane but if you were brought up on repeats aired in the 80's and 90's then it will explain many references you may not have been familiar with which ensures this is a book for all generations.

The book is now available to order at Troubador Publishing Limited and retails at £14.99p.

If you would like to join Craig Walker in officially launching An A-Z of On The Buses purchasing a copy signed by the author here is your chance.

The book launch details are:-                                                                                                                                                                  

DATE:- Friday the 29th of November 2013

VENUE:- The Club for Acts and Actors, 20 Bedford Street, Covent Garden, London.

TIME:- Doors open at 10.30 am for teas and coffees with the event starting at 11 am and finishing at Noon.

If you are interested in attending then feel free to email the author at caledoniancraig@outlook.com.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 4 Nov - 14:33

"I 'ate you, Butler...eeeeaaaarrreeerraagghh!"

That's my contribution to this thread but hats off to the OP for his achievement

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 4 Nov - 15:21

Well said Dave, never much in the way of a fan of the show but in comparison with some of its less enlightened seventies contempories guess it has not aged quite so badly but still a hell of an acheivement to get a book written and published so well done Craig.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 1 Mar - 21:40

Thanks guys but if I can I will update the story.

The initial publication fell through as the publisher felt it necessary to reprice the book at £29.99 to cover print costs etc but I declined and pulled the plug on the deal feeling the book was being priced out of the market.

Not to be perturbed I have now found another publisher for the book and yesterday it became available to download here:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IQ8YO8M

Don't worry if ebook aren't your thing as it will be available around the globe also as a large (very large) paperback. As a taster here is the cover design:-

My Latest Books - The On The Buses Quiz Book and (Coming Soon) An A-Z of On The Buses 28u2tug
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 11 Mar - 19:46

£29.99? Were they going to print it on silk?

As others have said, well done Craig!

P.S. I've got a mate who (when he dons a Hitler moustache - dont ask) looks scarily like Blakey!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 11 Mar - 20:55

Thanks superflyweight. It is a mark of the show's strength that Stephen Lewis is still greeted with 'Aaaah I 'ate you Butler.' This from a comedy that ended over 40 years ago now.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 13 May - 14:50

Tomorrow at 2pm in Borehamwood I launch my fourth book - On the Buses: The Filming Locations published by Caledonian Books LTD.

It will cover over 200 filming locations to feature in the seven series and three spin-off films of On the Buses. Also it will have directions on how to visit the locations and lots more.

The book launches at Venue 96, Borehamwood Library, Borehamwood and admittance is free. I will be selling and signing paperback copies of the book at RRP (£13.99) before it goes on general sale on Sunday.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down