The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland V Baabaas video highlights EDIT: Gilroy needs to start v Arg

+11
valjester
Cymroglan
pete (buachaill on eirne)
kiakahaaotearoa
The Great Aukster
ME-109
rodders
red_stag
clivemcl
LeinsterFan4life
Submachine
15 posters

Go down

Ireland V Baabaas video highlights EDIT: Gilroy needs to start v Arg Empty Ireland V Baabaas video highlights EDIT: Gilroy needs to start v Arg

Post by Submachine Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:56 pm

Just got a notification that highlights from the game are available at www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/8262.php

My work servers won't let me view but might be worth a look.

Last edited by Submachine on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gilroy performance V Fiji)

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Ireland V Baabaas video highlights EDIT: Gilroy needs to start v Arg Empty Re: Ireland V Baabaas video highlights EDIT: Gilroy needs to start v Arg

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm

Thanks submachine thumbsup

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Ireland V Baabaas video highlights EDIT: Gilroy needs to start v Arg Empty Re: Ireland V Baabaas video highlights EDIT: Gilroy needs to start v Arg

Post by clivemcl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

Sweet!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:20 pm

Gilroy had a great game. Though Earls was possibly to blame positionally for a few of the tries we conceded. Can't really tell too much more from those clips.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:24 pm

clivemcl wrote:Gilroy had a great game. Though Earls was possibly to blame positionally for a few of the tries we conceded. Can't really tell too much more from those clips.

Wallace was at fault for two of them
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm

Haven't watched it yet but if the problem was positional then its harsh to single players out, defensive units and organisation are usually all over the place with these scratch sides.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:33 pm

I havent watched it either yet Rodders
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:40 pm

Its probably due to the fact that he is an oap but did anyone notice the sublime passing of rog for two of the tries....thought not.

Yeah Earls was completely to blame I could see the No12 was all over the shop. Wallace at 15 scored a try and made a great pass for Irelands fourth as well great distribution unlike Ealrs.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:45 pm

red_stag wrote:I havent watched it either yet Rodders

Laugh

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:48 pm

Plenty of defensive errors especially Cave and Earls. Both Gilroy and Zebo were caught too. On the attacking side ROG and Wallace both gave nice flat passes and Gilroy really looks the part - good understanding between him and Earls as they swapped tries.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:48 pm

Good to see ROG play so well. Hopefully he gets some game time. Fingers Crossed

Not much really to take from these games.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm

DOD wrote:Yeah Earls was completely to blame I could see the No12 was all over the shop. Wallace at 15 scored a try and made a great pass for Irelands fourth as well great distribution unlike Ealrs.

Ok the bias/counter-bias has started already. I watched the tries. I saw mistakes, I slowed them down to see who it was. The mistakes I saw happned to be Earls. I'm not saying Wallace didnt, i just didnt see them. I'm not one-eyed. I didnt focus on earls to see what he did wrong. I didnt ignore Wallace when watching in case he made mistakes.

This is just the general feeling I got from my brief viewing, its nothing to do with him being from Munster.

Get over yourself.

Last edited by clivemcl on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm

I don't see where Wallace was bad at all which try? Cave was caught out for three of them though (not drifting, bought the dummy hook line and sinker and getting boshed by Tindall off slow ball)

Earls should have been covering across a lot quicker than he was for their first try he should have had last man.

ROG was pretty damn good (from what we saw in these clips) much flatter and quicker hands.

Murray is soooooooooo slooooooowwwwwww!

Gilroy is pretty tasty! He really looks the business

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:54 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Gilroy is pretty tasty! He really looks the business

Ooh suits you sir Ireland V Baabaas video highlights EDIT: Gilroy needs to start v Arg 3559488474
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:58 pm

red_stag wrote:I havent watched it either yet Rodders

Laugh OK
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:01 pm

clivemcl wrote:
DOD wrote:Yeah Earls was completely to blame I could see the No12 was all over the shop. Wallace at 15 scored a try and made a great pass for Irelands fourth as well great distribution unlike Ealrs.

Ok the bias/counter-bias has started already. I watched the tries. I saw mistakes, I slowed them down to see who it was. The mistakes I saw happned to be Earls. I'm not saying Wallace didnt, i just didnt see them. I'm not one-eyed. I didnt focus on earls to see what he did wrong. I didnt ignore Wallace when watching in case he made mistakes.

This is just the general feeling I got from my brief viewing, its nothing to do with him being from Munster.

Get over yourself.

Yeah but how slow did you slow it down....that would be important in who to blame...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:06 pm

There is a French proverb that says "Do not find fault with what you do not understand".
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

It was the cameramans fault...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:22 pm

red_stag wrote:There is a French proverb that says "Do not find fault with what you do not understand".

I never got these kind of ananymous quotes. How do you qualify for something you said to be made a proverb?

If you had just said

Do not find fault with what you do not understand

Nobody would have cared. Its pretty obvious suggestion. Not exactly world changing.

You say its a French proverb and all of a sudden we all sit up as if we saw the light?

Anyways, as for finding fault, I merely said

clivemcl wrote:Gilroy had a great game. Though Earls was possibly to blame positionally for a few of the tries we conceded. Can't really tell too much more from those clips.

Don't think its worthy of such a sarcy reactionary comment like DOD's!

The bias stuff on here is ridiculous sometimes. I'd like to think if a player from Ulster made a mistake, I'd be man enough to say 'yea he did'.

You will also find that the other day upon seeing a fans video, i (wrongly) said that Wallace and Cave were steamrolled by Tindal. Before being told it was Earls and Cave...

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

it wasnt earls and cave it was cave and earls (cave first Shocked )
Wallace got steamrolled by someone in the leadup to the second try...

Who cares anyhow....some played well, some played not so well....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:31 pm

Does anybody know what the attendance figure was ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

11k about

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:34 pm

That's good considering it was on neutral territory and a midweek match.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:37 pm

An Ulster proverb says that if you are too open minded your brains will fall out onto the floor.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:38 pm

red_stag wrote:An Ulster proverb says that if you are too open minded your brains will fall out onto the floor.
Thats something I can get behind! thumbsup

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm

Were the proverbs the grammatical wing of the IRA?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 01 Jun 2012, 5:13 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:I don't see where Wallace was bad at all which try? Cave was caught out for three of them though (not drifting, bought the dummy hook line and sinker and getting boshed by Tindall off slow ball)

Earls should have been covering across a lot quicker than he was for their first try he should have had last man.

ROG was pretty damn good (from what we saw in these clips) much flatter and quicker hands.

Murray is soooooooooo slooooooowwwwwww!

Gilroy is pretty tasty! He really looks the business

I thought Murray's passing was decent tbh.
Wouldn't blame Earls too much for the first try but he should have stopped Tindall, him and Cave were fairly poor for that.
Gilroy should have done better for the first try and the van zyl try. In the van zyl try, Gilroy missed a tackle, Cave and Wallace
missed a tackle and Zebo decided to take Earls out which was just awful overall.

I thought Earls showed up quite a lot at first receiver in that clip and his passing has definitely come on a lot, lovely pass for
the second Gilroy try.

And please don't be saying Rog is playing well if Deccie hears you, then we are f**ked.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:22 pm

Just glanced at it. Whoever was inside Gilroy for the first try was fairly slow as he had a lot to do to get near the scorer. 2nd one is a caseof how long have you got.....
3rd one is a case that no one was in anyway getting back and cave bought a dummy, not unreasonably.
Tindalls both cave and earls could have done better

Earls threw a couple of lovely passes it must be said and he and Gilroy looked good. In saying that it is hard to read anything into it as shown by Gilroys pirouette away from balshaw and sackeys feeble attempt on Zebo for his score.

In a significant game I don't think either try would have been scored.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

Standulstermen wrote: In saying that it is hard to read anything into it aas shown by Gilroys pirouette

That's the only clip I've seen so far.I think Gilroy should have passed inside after drawing Balshaw,he did the same thing against Munster in the HC where he could have given an inside pass to Cave (I think,not 100% sure) but went himself and got lucky that Zebo (again,not completely sure) made a shocking effort at a tackle.Gilroy has a lot of potential and could become a top player but I think he needs to work on his awareness of players around him.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:33 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Standulstermen wrote: In saying that it is hard to read anything into it aas shown by Gilroys pirouette

That's the only clip I've seen so far.I think Gilroy should have passed inside after drawing Balshaw,he did the same thing against Munster in the HC where he could have given an inside pass to Cave (I think,not 100% sure) but went himself and got lucky that Zebo (again,not completely sure) made a shocking effort at a tackle.Gilroy has a lot of potential and could become a top player but I think one area he needs to work on his awareness of players around him.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:39 pm

He seems to get lucky a lot then shoulder. As long as he keeps getting the end product nobody will care

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:51 pm

Standulstermen wrote:He seems to get lucky a lot then shoulder. As long as he keeps getting the end product nobody will care

Twice isn't a lot,look I'm not slating the guy he's young,hes already very good and he's only going to get better.I'm just saying that seems to be an area he can improve on.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 01 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

I think Gilroys awareness of support players was something hilighted by McLaughlin who wanted him to carry the ball in both hands more. It's something he knows about and is working on I believe.

He's hit a really good run of form since March and he looked outstanding in the clips. He's a fantastic talent and is very unlucky not to make the tour.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:24 pm

On evidence of that very short, not hugely helpful video Gilroy should start!

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:49 pm

Well, thanks for posting the highlights. Was a close match. Probably would have been a fun one to watch, either in person or on tv. Sadly, no tv.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:37 pm

So Gilroy had a pretty good day at the office v the Baabaas and it looks as if he has improved in awareness of space and support runners. If that game and the game against Fiji are the proving ground for progression to the full team, surely he is nailed on to start against Argentina?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:42 pm

I heard he has been picked to start v Argentina in stead of Trimble.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:49 pm

GunsGerms wrote:I heard he has been picked to start v Argentina in stead of Trimble.

Source Guns?

Delighted for Gilroy if thats true but feel for Trimble who once again hasn't been able to replicate his excellent Ulster form for Ireland. Not sure if its a mental thing with him...Bowe seems to be the opposite and is able to come up with the big plays in the big games from nowhere...

Great news for Gilroy though, he really looks a special player indeed.... that combo with Zebo is very exciting...
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:23 pm

I saw it on TV this morning when I woke up I was half asleep. It might also have been a dream. Gilroy does deserve his chance though.

Kills me to bring it up but I also think Spence (RIP) would have a huge difference to Ireland if not by now then soon and it still and I may be selfish to say this but it still seems to me like such a waste of such a great talent. I still think of him when the team is announced because for a good while I had been expecting to see him break through.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

It was hard not to think of Spence after the Baa-baas game, seeing his mates and peers do so well. We'll never know what might have been unfortunately. Gone but not forgotten. RIP.

...anyways hope you are right and Gilroy gets the nod. Young Marshall is unlucky not to get in there too and it must be only matter of time before he and Jackson hook up in a real international...
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down