The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Olympic Stormtroopers!

2 posters

Go down

The Olympic Stormtroopers! Empty The Olympic Stormtroopers!

Post by HERSH Fri 25 May 2012, 10:32 am

Is anyone else fed up with the Olympic stormtroopers, you know who I mean those bullies who run along side the Torch bearer obstructing photo opportunities for the many people who want to see the Olympic flame.

As I watched the many pictures sent in to my local TV news station every one of them seemed to be obstructed with a worn-out grumpy looking chump in grey.

It spoilt it for me.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

The Olympic Stormtroopers! Empty Re: The Olympic Stormtroopers!

Post by pontylad Fri 25 May 2012, 3:47 pm

I like the Torch relay itself and as it;s down the end of my street tomorrow morning I'll wander along to take a peek .

However the convoy that comes with it is something else with the Coca Cola/Lloyds Tsb caravans and what not and half the local police force as outriders .Visiting Neath last weekend I thought Obama and the Queen must be visiting the place at the same time judging by the police presence and that was only for a rehearsal .Timing it's arrival in Cardiff at 5.30 Friday rush hour is a work of genius too perfectly judged to cause absolute chaos.

Why not whip it around from place to place in an unmarked police car the local big-whigs and what not can still get to parade around when the actual local relay takes place .

pontylad

Back to top Go down