The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blatter wants an alternative to penalties

+5
HERSH
hampo17
The Special Juan
Fernando
GSC
9 posters

Go down

Blatter wants an alternative to penalties Empty Blatter wants an alternative to penalties

Post by GSC Fri 25 May 2012, 10:32 am

Asked Beckenbauer to come up with an alternative.

Reduce it to 7 a side with first goal wins?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Blatter wants an alternative to penalties Empty Re: Blatter wants an alternative to penalties

Post by Fernando Fri 25 May 2012, 10:35 am

Should do like hockey where they take a run up give keepers more of a chance Blatter wants an alternative to penalties 3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Blatter wants an alternative to penalties Empty Re: Blatter wants an alternative to penalties

Post by The Special Juan Fri 25 May 2012, 10:35 am

The Germans won't be happy if they take penalties away!!

I don't think there is an alternative.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 25 May 2012, 10:43 am

Why take away penalties? Stupid idea.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 25 May 2012, 10:45 am

Its a horrible way to lose a game. And wholly unsatisfying.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 25 May 2012, 10:48 am

Maybe the team that does the biggest backhander to Blatter should win?

The timing of this is very strange, just when an English team wins the European cup against the Germans?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 25 May 2012, 10:52 am

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Its a horrible way to lose a game. And wholly unsatisfying.

The drama penalties creates can not be matched, it would be ludricous to change it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 25 May 2012, 10:53 am

Losing on penalties is the worst way to lose.

I'd feel better losing 3-0
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 25 May 2012, 10:54 am

I'm someone who likes penalties. You can't ask players to keep playing after 120 mins to try and score. Golden goal was ridiculous, was there a silver goal also? seem to remember something like that.

Penalties decide who has the mental strength and also technique to keep calm and win the game for your side. Yes its heartbreaking if your team is the one who loses, but its great theatre. If two teams can't be separated after 120 mins like I said there's only so long you can keep playing for before players begin collapsing from exhaustion and cramping up, then there's injuries galore, the game slows and becomes a bore fest.

Keep penalties, doubt there's a better solution.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 25 May 2012, 3:25 pm

If Sepp wants this then what is all this about then from 2 years ago:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8914308.stm

Can't wait till Sepp and Platini have disappeared from the game.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 25 May 2012, 3:42 pm

Laugh
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 25 May 2012, 3:48 pm

The man is a dinosaur, doesn't have a clue what the game really needs and shouts down anyone who comes up with bright ideas. Blatter please resign.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 25 May 2012, 6:46 pm

martyr_94 wrote:I'm someone who likes penalties. You can't ask players to keep playing after 120 mins to try and score.

Oh yes you can!

martyr_94 wrote:If two teams can't be separated after 120 mins like I said there's only so long you can keep playing for before players begin collapsing from exhaustion and cramping up, then there's injuries galore, the game slows and becomes a bore fest.

Oh no it doesn't!

martyr_94 wrote:Keep penalties, doubt there's a better solution.

There is, it's called "keep playing until someone scroes"!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011030213

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 25 May 2012, 6:49 pm

Ice hockey has rolling subs so unless football is going to become like that then the exhaustion factor plays a big part.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 25 May 2012, 6:58 pm

hampo171 wrote:Ice hockey has rolling subs so unless football is going to become like that then the exhaustion factor plays a big part.

Yes, hockey has rolling subs but the best players all play around 30-35 mins a game (games last 60 minutes).

Fatigue is definitely a factor in hockey, especially as the nature of the game is to skate backwards and forwards, take hits, give out hits, block shots, race for loose pucks, etc.

An NHL rink is 200ft x 85ft, International (World Championship and Olympic) rinks are 200ft x 98ft. That's a large area to be going constant full speed on, footballers can slow the pace due to size of the pitch but hockey is constant go with only a few times in open play where the puck is held up behind one of the goals.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 25 May 2012, 7:04 pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong, isn't ice hockey, 3 periods of normal time 1 of overtime and then a shoot out? No different to football in that respect, if he gets rid if shootouts he's a clown of the highest order.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 25 May 2012, 7:23 pm

hampo171 wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong, isn't ice hockey, 3 periods of normal time 1 of overtime and then a shoot out? No different to football in that respect, if he gets rid if shootouts he's a clown of the highest order.

In the regular season they play 5-on-5 for three 20 minute periods and then if a game ends tied they play 5 minutes 4-on-4, then if the teams are still tied they enter a best of 3 shootout, where the attacking player starts with the puck on the center spot and then they skates at the goal with the intention of out witting the goalie.

The video in the link of my original post is from a playoff game between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals where the winner is scored in the 3rd overtime period. In the playoffs when a game ends in a tie they play as many 20 min 5-on-5 OT periods it taktes until someone scores.

Hockey shootouts are nothing like penalties. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0Id1Gn8mI

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 7:32 pm

MockingJay33 wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong, isn't ice hockey, 3 periods of normal time 1 of overtime and then a shoot out? No different to football in that respect, if he gets rid if shootouts he's a clown of the highest order.

Hockey shootouts are nothing like penalties. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0Id1Gn8mI

There is your alternative then.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 25 May 2012, 8:07 pm

Laugh If they make football like that then god help Theo Walcott
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down