The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victor Conte on Lamont Peterson 'smart doping'

4 posters

Go down

Victor Conte on Lamont Peterson 'smart doping' Empty Victor Conte on Lamont Peterson 'smart doping'

Post by jammin Thu 17 May - 15:58

Quite interesting hearing the opinion of a 'true' expert:

http://www.boxingscene.com/conte-peterson-case-smart-method-doping--52710

Essentially what he is saying is that there is a trend for athletes now to dope in moderation to sneak under the radar and threshold of certain drug tests.

The US Antidoping tests only test for synthetic testosterone when levels are at a certain ratio (4:1), where as VADA do the testosterone test regardless, which may explain why Peterson was confident to go ahead with testing. He may have just miscalculated and under researched!

This means that certain antidoping agencies are not yet wise to 'smart doping' as Conte puts it.

Wonder how many others are doing it...

jammin

Back to top Go down

Victor Conte on Lamont Peterson 'smart doping' Empty Re: Victor Conte on Lamont Peterson 'smart doping'

Post by manos de piedra Thu 17 May - 16:03

I have spoken to someone who is knowledgeable in that whole area and they said pretty much the same thing. That it looks like Peterson or his team simply miscalculated the amount that would be present during the testing.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Victor Conte on Lamont Peterson 'smart doping' Empty Re: Victor Conte on Lamont Peterson 'smart doping'

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 17 May - 16:23

Not quite Gents - his level was 3.77 or 3.17 so he passed the standard test easily - which is why he wasnt caught earlier or asked to take the testosterone type test (Unless he did fail a test beforehand as runoured) VADA do the other test as a matter of course (because they are paid for it) and thats where he was snagged. The level itself didnt alert anyone in the first fight and goodman (former commision doc) runs VADA - I think she saw the loopholes in the commision tests and found her USP by closing them.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May - 12:14

An interesting little read which does make you ask how many people are using some form of PED's & getting away with it. I think this style of testing has to become the norm the world over to make sports cleaner. I know that there will always be people that find away around it but this should make it harder. As has been said before Boxing needs to improve its testing procedure & going down this route would massively improve it.

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Fri 18 May - 14:51

Hopefully this will set a precedent. Olympic style testing is the way forward. I can't think of a single sport where the use of PED is of the upmost importance.

The Conte reaction and explanation sheds a lot of light on the Peterson case. No doubt in my mind really that he knew exactly what was going on.

I hope Peterson gets the book thrown at him.

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 18 May - 15:58

Pretty much what I was saying on the other thread on this topic. The whole taking medical treatment for low testosterone thing is made to look a bit silly when you're able to boost your ratio to 3.77. How can this not be an advantage?

It's the whole 4:1 ratio that's allowed this to happen (6:1 ratio in some US commissions). It gives too much of a leeway for micro doping.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May - 16:21

Credit to you jammin for finding & posting this, as you say this sheds some light on the Peterson case & opens up the whole book on doping in sports.

I totally agree with Boxtthis as well, the fact elavated testosterone levels are allowed is crazy when you read something like this. No surprise that there are so few comments on here especially from those that don't want to believe it happens in boxing, constantly hiding behind 'it won't/cant help a boxer'. If fighters in mma are using why wouldn't boxers? The UFC are pretty strict about it, bans, fines & in some cases thrown out of the UFC itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 18 May - 16:28

Sohotnot MMA Bans,Fines and thrown out varies usually dependent on how much money the guy makes - with the amount of money boxing makes...itsd a recipe for disaster.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May - 16:50

I know but there seems to be less pussyfooting about & I think they test more. Overeem recently only got a 9 month ban, Chael Sonnen had a year reduced to 6 months due to his prescribed TRT which he 'forgot' to disclose, both cash cows where as Nate Marqudt was thrown out who wasn't. More & more guys seem to be testing positive for weed or metabolites of weed in mma, Nick Diaz being the latest & biggest name, he's been suspended while they look into it but at the same time he's trying to take the NSAC (I think) to court over it as he gets medical marijauna. He didn't declare it but, & rightly says its not prescribed medication just recomended by the Dr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down