The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would Calzaghe return for...

+21
hampo17
eddyfightfan
manos de piedra
J.Benson II
Herman Jaeger
alfredperami
hogey
lfc91
88Chris05
bhb001
Valero's Conscience
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Super D Boon
Gordy
sodhat
Union Cane
bellchees
Rowley
JabMachineMK2
Steffan
Seanusarrilius
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would Calzaghe return for... Empty Would Calzaghe return for...

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 May 2012, 2:18 pm

10 million pounds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh6q5wNkIss

Interesting in this little interview that he says "of course I would". Just for a bit of fun, who could a) generate that sort of purse in a fight with Calzaghe (I suspect no one)? And b) would he be able to beat the opponent at forty years of age?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Would Calzaghe return for... Empty Re: Would Calzaghe return for...

Post by Steffan Mon 14 May 2012, 2:31 pm

Fair do to Calzaghe as loathable and horrible a person Froch is Joe never has a bad word to say about him nowadays and just keeps his humility about him even after all the spineless badmouthing Froch did towards him

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 14 May 2012, 2:32 pm

Andre Ward vs Calzaghe would be meteoric. Calzaghe is still well known in the US for beating Hopkins, Jones Jr and Lacy - as long as he fought there thats a fight that would be insanely big.

It would however mean he'd lose. Ward would beat him and beat him well in my opinion. Shame cos I like Calzaghe, his dad is a gent.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 May 2012, 2:35 pm

Steffan wrote:Fair do to Calzaghe as loathable and horrible a person Froch is Joe never has a bad word to say about him nowadays and just keeps his humility about him even after all the spineless badmouthing Froch did towards him

Hahahahaha, Steffan, at least disguise the wind up. We will get locked like Truss "superfight" thread. Ha.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 May 2012, 2:37 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Andre Ward vs Calzaghe would be meteoric. Calzaghe is still well known in the US for beating Hopkins, Jones Jr and Lacy - as long as he fought there thats a fight that would be insanely big.

It would however mean he'd lose. Ward would beat him and beat him well in my opinion. Shame cos I like Calzaghe, his dad is a gent.

At this stage Calzaghe would lose that, you're prob right. Would have to be in Cardiff though to generate the sort of money Calzaghe would want to come out of reirement.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon 14 May 2012, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 14 May 2012, 2:38 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Hahahahaha, Steffan, at least disguise the wind up. We will get locked like Truss "superfight" thread. Ha.
Its no WUM mate. I think Joe handles the situation well nowadays considering Froch was running off at the mouth the other day yet again

Agree with Joe that Bute is a clear favourite but Froch will try and drag him into a war and could get the nod. Hope not ofcourse

Please dont even mention my name in the same breath as Trussman thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 May 2012, 2:40 pm

I don't see a fight out there that generates the money to tempt him. Ward is clearly the man at the weight but is not much in the way of a PPV star yet and Joe whilst known in America hardly holds mega star status there. Froch is an easy fight to sell over here but to get the kind of money to get Joe back in the gym would think you would need global interest and US PPV money and this is not a fight that would bring those guys to the table, I foresee Joe staying retired.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 May 2012, 2:42 pm

Steffan wrote:Its no WUM mate. I think Joe handles the situation well nowadays considering Froch was running off at the mouth the other day yet again

Agree with Joe that Bute is a clear favourite but Froch will try and drag him into a war and could get the nod. Hope not ofcourse

Please dont even mention my name in the same breath as Trussman thumbsup

Ha, fair enough

But Clazaghe? What you think about him coming out for ten mill and who could he still beat? If he had his hands then he could mix it, but at 40? Tough.

Froch v Bute Steffan. You think he may get a points nod? I can see a draw you know, since they have a rematch clause Very Happy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 May 2012, 2:43 pm

rowley wrote:I don't see a fight out there that generates the money to tempt him. Ward is clearly the man at the weight but is not much in the way of a PPV star yet and Joe whilst known in America hardly holds mega star status there. Froch is an easy fight to sell over here but to get the kind of money to get Joe back in the gym would think you would need global interest and US PPV money and this is not a fight that would bring those guys to the table, I foresee Joe staying retired.

Me too, he is never coming back. The best fighters he could face wouldn't generate the cash, as you say. Dawson, no fans, Ward, few fans, Hopkins, nah.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 14 May 2012, 2:43 pm

I can't see Calzaghe generating that kind of money against anyone. Also I would hate for him to come out of retirement, he's one of the few people who got out at just the right time.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 14 May 2012, 2:44 pm

All the talk of Ward / Froch, let's not forget that JC finished as a light heavy, it would probably be too big an ask for him to get back down to 168.

Would there be any legs in a Hopkins rematch?

Perhaps if BHop still held the title, but not now, it would be like Statler vs Waldorf.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 14 May 2012, 2:47 pm

Union Cane wrote:it would be like Statler vs Waldorf.

I'd shell out for that.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 May 2012, 2:50 pm

The other thing to be remembered with Calzaghe Hopkins is the first fight was dire, if the rematch of that was in my back yard I suspect I'd close the curtains.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Mon 14 May 2012, 2:50 pm

Calzaghe was one of the finest fighters these shores have produced. Never lost a contest as a professional. I think it would be a shame for him to return although I have no doubt if he did he would still be champion. I hope this is not a case of another boxer squandering their money and returning to the ring for the wrong reasons. I dont think Calzaghe has anything left to prove in the sport and he already best the fighters during his career (when they would face him). I cant think of any fighters around at present that would beat him.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 May 2012, 3:08 pm

First Calzaghe fight with Bhop was an awful spectacle except for the first round knockdown, but that was Bhops fault.

I do think Calzaghe is a little lost in retirement really. Much like other fighters. Toyed with promoting, then the cocaine bit. Nice guy, not the legacy he should have, but not bad, in the end.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 14 May 2012, 3:14 pm

The guy is 40 let him stay retired. He, along with Lennox Lewis knew when it was time to stop pushing the envelope and it's a shame their transatlantic cousins like RJJ, Toney and Holyfield don't know how to stop.

As for £10m I reckon JC is just messing, the way Lennox Lewis has for years after his retirement. I doubt Calzaghe or Lewis would don the gloves again for all the tea and china.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 14 May 2012, 3:23 pm

He could barely make 1 million in his "biggest fights" (Kessler, Lacy & Hopkins - thats right, 46-0 and only 3 big fights, crazy isnt it).

Why would anybody want to give him 10 million!!!???

Give it to Nathan Cleverly to fight his mandatory maybe Smile
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 14 May 2012, 3:28 pm

alma wrote:A man with no purpose or direction in his life. Sad really. Plus he needs to sort out his eyebrows

As long as the key points are covered ha ha!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 14 May 2012, 3:55 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:He could barely make 1 million in his "biggest fights" (Kessler, Lacy & Hopkins - thats right, 46-0 and only 3 big fights, crazy isnt it).

Why would anybody want to give him 10 million!!!???

Give it to Nathan Cleverly to fight his mandatory maybe Smile

Nearly as much as Brian Magee and Martin Rogan make! Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 14 May 2012, 3:58 pm

Calzaghe will not come out of retirement as he is too proud of his zero loss status

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 14 May 2012, 4:12 pm

Cotto's guarantee for the Mayweather fight (and let's not forget, this was a fight which provided the ninth highest-grossing gate in Vegas history, and that Cotto is arguably the biggest PPV attraction in the sport outside of Floyd and Manny) was somewhere around the £5 million, I read. Of course, there is the issue of TV revenue to add on top of that, but still, it just shows that there wouldn't be a single fight on the planet which could get Calzaghe anywhere even close to £10 million, and probably never has been.

Anyway, I suspect this is just a little jibberish talk from Calzaghe. His planning and decisions throughout his career were always meticulous, so it would represent an astronomical shift in his senses to even contemplate any kind of comeback now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 May 2012, 4:20 pm

how much did Haye make v Wlad, out of interest?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 14 May 2012, 4:26 pm

Just a question out of interest, but if joe did come back for one fight and actually managed to get a win over ward, how much does everyone feel it would enhance his legacy?(if at all). And equally how do you feel a lose to ward would affect his legacy?

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 May 2012, 4:34 pm

lfc91 wrote:Just a question out of interest, but if joe did come back for one fight and actually managed to get a win over ward, how much does everyone feel it would enhance his legacy?(if at all). And equally how do you feel a lose to ward would affect his legacy?

Win would enhance his legacy by a huge margin IMO - well for one fight.

Ward is Olympic champ in his pomp.

Look at Calzaghes best wins

Hopkins- I give him credit, although it was razor close and ugly
Eubank - hmmm credit but Eubank was past it
Lacy - great win but Lacy went on to be not great
Kessler- Good win in good style
RJJ - almost no credit as RJJ was already shot and he got dropped

If he lost his legacy would also suffer greatly IMO, part of the reason he stands out is his zero. Not to me, but to others

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 14 May 2012, 5:07 pm

JC did his best during his prime to make sure he kept his 0 with a fairly limited risk career, there is no way he would come out of retirement to lose it now.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 14 May 2012, 5:46 pm

Yes to be honest i cant see him doing it, as people have already pointed out theres is no fight out there that would make him the money required to consider it. Also at 40(?) he surely knows hes past his best where as ward is prime!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Mon 14 May 2012, 6:00 pm

Super D Boon wrote:The guy is 40 let him stay retired. He, along with Lennox Lewis knew when it was time to stop pushing the envelope and it's a shame their transatlantic cousins like RJJ, Toney and Holyfield don't know how to stop.

As for £10m I reckon JC is just messing, the way Lennox Lewis has for years after his retirement. I doubt Calzaghe or Lewis would don the gloves again for all the tea and china.

i think they would both come back if they had been offered the whole of China, add the large quantity of tea to the strongest economy in the world and it has to be enough to tempt anyone.

spot on tho Super D same a Lennox just something to say to a reporter like in the old days when they had things to do and people to speak to.
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 14 May 2012, 6:34 pm

Beat Hopkins in a rematch, beat Dawson both at home, clean the Cobra's clock, then you're worth ten million.

As it stands, looking at his resume, seeing how he rejected a Hopkins rematch in his own backyard when superiority hadn't been established, seeing how he chose a shot Jones over Chad Dawson(the natural fight,) having stated he was only looking for big fights, you'd think 3m, at a push 4.

Allright I'd love to see him fight Ward/Dawson winner, by doing so he'd have to admit he sidestepped Froch, but hey so what.

I happen to believe that any version of Ward beats any version of Calzaghe. Same Dawson. But I'd love to see Calzaghe prove me wrong. Who wouldn't want to see him fight Ward? Dawson a light heavy, so don't really need to see that one.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Mon 14 May 2012, 7:07 pm

I agree completely withthose who say Calzaghe and Lennox Lewis retired at the right time. I dont doubt for a moment that if they wanted to they could come back and they would be champions, but they have nothing left to prove. Would Lennox Lewis really want to return to fight a clown like Haye? What would beating him prove? Is there even anybody around that would want to fight Calzaghe if he returned? Perhaps if a young lion like a Mike Tyson or Marvin Hagler came along then the temptation for these guys to prove they still have it might be strong but at present there is nobody out there who would challenge them.

Unfortuantely boxers have a history of squandering or being swindled out of their money when they do retire and in some cases are forced to come back to try and make money or pay off taxes. I hope this is not the issue.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 14 May 2012, 8:21 pm

If the unlikely circumstance that Calzaghe does return, it would most probably be for a one-off novetly fight against a low-risk, former "name". Possibly someone like Reid.
He wouldnt and definately shouldnt go anyway near someone like Ward.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 14 May 2012, 8:30 pm

Gordy wrote:I agree completely withthose who say Calzaghe and Lennox Lewis retired at the right time. I dont doubt for a moment that if they wanted to they could come back and they would be champions, but they have nothing left to prove. Would Lennox Lewis really want to return to fight a clown like Haye? What would beating him prove? Is there even anybody around that would want to fight Calzaghe if he returned? Perhaps if a young lion like a Mike Tyson or Marvin Hagler came along then the temptation for these guys to prove they still have it might be strong but at present there is nobody out there who would challenge them.

Unfortuantely boxers have a history of squandering or being swindled out of their money when they do retire and in some cases are forced to come back to try and make money or pay off taxes. I hope this is not the issue.

Lewis is about 47y old and about 300lbs.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 14 May 2012, 9:47 pm

he could if he wanted to, hopkins and RJJ are still fighting, cleverly would be HUGE in wales. dont think he will unless he's skint.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 14 May 2012, 9:55 pm

True i would still back joe to beat cleverly on points, and like you say would be huge in wales and quite big in the rest of the uk.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 15 May 2012, 10:04 am

Herman Jaggery wrote:
I happen to believe that any version of Ward beats any version of Calzaghe. Same Dawson. But I'd love to see Calzaghe prove me wrong. Who wouldn't want to see him fight Ward? Dawson a light heavy, so don't really need to see that one.

Ha ha I suppose you "happen to believe" that because Ward made a clown out of your hero Carl Froch eh? Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 May 2012, 10:06 am

manos de piedra wrote:
Gordy wrote:I agree completely withthose who say Calzaghe and Lennox Lewis retired at the right time. I dont doubt for a moment that if they wanted to they could come back and they would be champions, but they have nothing left to prove. Would Lennox Lewis really want to return to fight a clown like Haye? What would beating him prove? Is there even anybody around that would want to fight Calzaghe if he returned? Perhaps if a young lion like a Mike Tyson or Marvin Hagler came along then the temptation for these guys to prove they still have it might be strong but at present there is nobody out there who would challenge them.

And has more chance of winning a Stevie Wonder look a like competition than a world heavyweight title nowadays

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 15 May 2012, 10:13 am

Hope Calzaghe doesn't come back, retired at the right time. One of my favourite fighters, but as people have said it's his 0 that makes him stand out, his fight list isn't the best. Although he is one of those fighters who always got knocked down because of hindsight, before the Lacy, Kessler, Hopkins and Jones JR fans were saying how it would be a big test for him. Besides Hopkins he beat them all with ease, people then say they weren't good enough Laugh.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 May 2012, 10:15 am

To be fair Hampo nobody was saying Jones was a test for him, everyone know Jones was a complete shell of his former self, a fact even Joe had acknowledged in his awful biography. You are bang right on the others though, Lacy in particular was seen as the next big thing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 15 May 2012, 10:30 am

Super D Boon wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

Ha ha I suppose you "happen to believe" that because Ward made a clown out of your hero Carl Froch eh? Laugh

Too be fair, I'd agree with Herman on that one. I'd favour Ward over Calzaghe as I think his inside game and nullifying style would counter Calzaghe's workrate. Could see Ward taking a competitive decision in a fairly tedious fight.
I tend to think that Calzaghe was fairly fortunate that a fighter of Ward's quality wasnt around at SMW when he was active. After all, we all saw Ward making mince-meat of Kessler, who was considered to be Calzaghe's best and toughest opponent at that weight.
However, I'd certainly take Calzaghe over Dawson though.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 15 May 2012, 11:23 am

J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

Too be fair, I'd agree with Herman on that one. I'd favour Ward over Calzaghe as I think his inside game and nullifying style would counter Calzaghe's workrate. Could see Ward taking a competitive decision in a fairly tedious fight.
I tend to think that Calzaghe was fairly fortunate that a fighter of Ward's quality wasnt around at SMW when he was active. After all, we all saw Ward making mince-meat of Kessler, who was considered to be Calzaghe's best and toughest opponent at that weight.

In the same way you could say Ward was lucky that a fighter of Calzaghe's calibre was already retired. Who has Ward beaten that is anything like as good as Calzaghe...um..........?

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 15 May 2012, 11:45 am

Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

In the same way you could say Ward was lucky that a fighter of Calzaghe's calibre was already retired. Who has Ward beaten that is anything like as good as Calzaghe...um..........?

The same could be said vice versa. Besides, I'm not sure wheather Calzaghe would have even faced Ward had they both been active at the same time.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 15 May 2012, 11:55 am

Lewis is still in great shape - couple of friends saw him at a promo for something a few months ago and they were surprised that he's kept the weight off. Yes theres a bit on him but nothing unworkable.

He wouldn't need to be in shape to beat Haye senseless.

I think he'd struggle with Wlad - maybe even lose! (For me to say that about my all time hero is rather hard)

But he'd clean up against Vitali on attempt 2. The first time was a bit ambiguous. He'd leave no questions on his second fight.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 15 May 2012, 1:32 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

The same could be said vice versa. Besides, I'm not sure wheather Calzaghe would have even faced Ward had they both been active at the same time.

You're right. Ward would have wanted no part of him. Afterall, he wants no part of Bute.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 15 May 2012, 1:46 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

You're right. Ward would have wanted no part of him. Afterall, he wants no part of Bute.

Yeah, Ward is clearly a man who avoids top competition Rolling Eyes

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 15 May 2012, 3:09 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

Yeah like Bute offered Ward a fight in New York and Ward said No. Ward has not beaten a top level fighter that hasn't already been found out. I suppose that's why he's trying to drain a light heavyweight. Yahoo

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 15 May 2012, 3:32 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Lewis is still in great shape - couple of friends saw him at a promo for something a few months ago and they were surprised that he's kept the weight off. Yes theres a bit on him but nothing unworkable.

He wouldn't need to be in shape to beat Haye senseless.

I think he'd struggle with Wlad - maybe even lose! (For me to say that about my all time hero is rather hard)

But he'd clean up against Vitali on attempt 2. The first time was a bit ambiguous. He'd leave no questions on his second fight.

Are you serious? He is fat now. He was about 300lb sitting in the studio for the Haye/Wlad fight. Theres no way hes close to fighting condition.

After a decade out of the ring and at 47y old do really think he could come back and beat either Klitschko at the moment?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 15 May 2012, 3:58 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

Yeah like Bute offered Ward a fight in New York and Ward said No. Ward has not beaten a top level fighter that hasn't already been found out. I suppose that's why he's trying to drain a light heavyweight. Yahoo

You're not Welsh by any chance? Very Happy

If Bute clocks Froch than I'm sure Ward will face him. It will be the biggest, most lucrative fight out there for him. Either way, I can't see Ward spending the next 10 years in the wilderness fighting opponents that are several levels below him.

As for Ward not beating a fighter that already hasnt been found out. What you're basically saying is that any fighter that has lost a fight has been "found out" and therefore any subsequent victory over that fighter is insignificant?

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 15 May 2012, 4:21 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

You're not Welsh by any chance? Very Happy

If Bute clocks Froch than I'm sure Ward will face him. It will be the biggest, most lucrative fight out there for him. Either way, I can't see Ward spending the next 10 years in the wilderness fighting opponents that are several levels below him.

As for Ward not beating a fighter that already hasnt been found out. What you're basically saying is that any fighter that has lost a fight has been "found out" and therefore any subsequent victory over that fighter is insignificant?

You're not English by any chance are you? Very Happy

Well we'll have to see if Ward faces Bute or not, but with Bute offering Ward the chance of another belt and a fight in his home country, Ward passes over on it. Strange decision that.

Well, it's the truth about Ward so far in that a broken-hearted Kessler is his best win, a damaged Abraham and a battle weary Froch are all also good wins but a win over Bute will launch him into territory where no one can deny his greatness.

And as for 10 years in the wilderness for Calzaghe that may well be the case as the division was partly being held to ransom by a certain Sven Ottke at the time and the was a general dearth of talent in a division which has until recently been dominated in the main by European fighters. Despite that, Calzaghe will always be better than Carl Froch. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 15 May 2012, 4:26 pm

Watch yourself there Super D Boon. You know how defensive they get over their wonderfull Cobra Carl. Funniest one I read was when someone (who I will keep un-named) said that Froch had a better list of opponents since 2000 than Mayweather Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Tue 15 May 2012, 4:27 pm

manos de piedra wrote:

Ever heard of George Foreman?? Came back and won the heavyweight world title at the age of 45 decades after fighting greats like Ali and Frazier. No reason at all Lewis could not replicate it. He would make short work of imposters like Haye or Chisora or the giant Russians that populate the division these days.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 May 2012, 4:31 pm

Thanks for the history lesson Gordy, I am sure there are many here who have never heard of George Foreman.

I suppose there is no reason why Eubank, Benn and Collins couldn't come back either.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next