The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryder Cup Teams if they were picked today

3 posters

Go down

Ryder Cup Teams if they were picked today Empty Ryder Cup Teams if they were picked today

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:35 pm

The latest golf rankings reveal the two Ryder Cup teams to take on each other at Medinah on 28-30 September. The 18 listed below do not include captains' wildcards, picked much nearer the time by David Love III and Jose Maria Olazabal. This is all subject to change as the year progresses, but..

USA: Bubba Watson, Phil Mickelson, Hunter Mahan, Keegan Bradley, Jason Dufner, Steve Stricker, Tiger Woods and Brandt Snedeker.

Europe: Rory McIlroy, Peter Hanson, Martin Kaymer, Justin Rose, Paul Lawrie, Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, Graeme McDowell, Sergio Garcia and Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano.

Interesting European team. They could win the cup.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Ryder Cup Teams if they were picked today Empty Re: Ryder Cup Teams if they were picked today

Post by super_realist Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Certainly 11 Europeans again 8 yanks would stand a very good chance.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Ryder Cup Teams if they were picked today Empty Re: Ryder Cup Teams if they were picked today

Post by GPB Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:04 pm

DLIII 4 picks are crap shoot as of right now Here are 9-20 in the standings with my picks denoted with a

X9 . Bill Haas
X10 . Kyle Stanley
11 . Johnson Wagner
12 . Mark Wilson
X13 . Matt Kuchar
14 . Kevin Na
X15 . Dustin Johnson
16 . Jim Furyk
17 . Zach Johnson
18 . Ben Crane
19 . Robert Garrigus
20 . John Huh

Yes, I do not want Jim Fur-wreck on the team, but I am sure DLIII would give him the benefit of doubt. I don't see anyone out of the top 20 who is screaming "PICK ME!" either.

The Euro picks are down to two of these three players IMO: Poulter, Bjorn, Jimenez.

I think it will take at least 3700 pts to clinch a spot on the US Team. only Bubba and Phil are there right now. I would not feel safe until I got to 4000 pts though.

Two years ago, it only took 3415 points to clinch a spot, but purses have gone up and Americans are winning more tournaments in 2012 than in 2010.

For the Euro, I think #5 on the Euro Money list will be ~2,000,000 and the top 5 in points (not otherwise qualified) will be around ~200 OWGR points. if those are indeed the numbers, then Rory, Luke, Lee and Justin have clinched a spot.

US qualifying season is about 45%-50% complete and Euro Qualifying season is about 55-60% complete.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down