The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9 players to leave Glasgow Warriors

+5
nickj
Notch
Tattie Scones RRN
Brendan
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
9 posters

Go down

9 players to leave Glasgow Warriors Empty 9 players to leave Glasgow Warriors

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:46 am

Confirmation that 9 players will depart the Warriors at the end of the season, some to destinations as yet unknown: Warriors departures

Slightly surprised to see Colin Shaw and Fergoos Thomson on that list - I guess Shaw is cos of the arrival of the Lamont brothers but Hall is nowhere near as good a player as Fergoos

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

9 players to leave Glasgow Warriors Empty Re: 9 players to leave Glasgow Warriors

Post by Brendan Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 am

I'm suprised as they seemed to be keeping peopl happy does Townsend coming have anything to do with it as Scots don't have much to say about his management.

Will any go to Edinburgh.

If the Scots where to have a third team when ever that is I would get the Warriors and Edinburgh to say how 10 or so players are leaving and there would be talk of a decline and then right after the season is over then say they are going to the third team. I'm a jerk like that

Brendan

Back to top Go down

9 players to leave Glasgow Warriors Empty Re: 9 players to leave Glasgow Warriors

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 am

Brendan wrote:I'm suprised as they seemed to be keeping peopl happy does Townsend coming have anything to do with it as Scots don't have much to say about his management.

Will any go to Edinburgh.

If the Scots where to have a third team when ever that is I would get the Warriors and Edinburgh to say how 10 or so players are leaving and there would be talk of a decline and then right after the season is over then say they are going to the third team. I'm a jerk like that

That literally makes no sense whatsoever.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:40 pm

David Lemi will be a handy signing for someone.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:42 pm

I dunno Notch.

I didn't think he was really up to much but then again, it depends who the centres are.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:04 pm

I feel sorry for Ferg Thomson, until his injury he was looking good. I think Shaw and Aramburu will stay pro and get a contract somewhere, but I'm not so sure about the others.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:14 pm

Any idea how many of them will/need to be replaced

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Notch wrote:David Lemi will be a handy signing for someone.
He's got a contract at Wuss for next season

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Brendan wrote:Any idea how many of them will/need to be replaced
Most already have, and those that haven't as yet will likely be by youngsters/players from the academy

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:15 pm

nickj wrote:I feel sorry for Ferg Thomson, until his injury he was looking good. I think Shaw and Aramburu will stay pro and get a contract somewhere, but I'm not so sure about the others.
I'm hearing that Fergoos might quit altogether cos of the injuries, and that Shaw and Forrester might get 7's contracts

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:15 pm

David Lemi will be a handy signing for Worcester Whistle
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Cheers ASBO. Can see Shaw complementing the sevens squad but not absolutely sure on Forrester? I wouldn't want Him keeping out Watson for example...

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Notch wrote:David Lemi will be a handy signing for Worcester Whistle
Cannot believe that Wasps didn't want him back - they need decent strike runners desperately.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Also liking the stat that Fergus Thompson and Richie Gray have each scored as many tries as Dewey.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Here's my view of the departures

Johnnie Beattie - Needed to leave to get his mojo back
Calum Forrester - Plenty of backrow options
Richie Gray - Sad Can't be replaced
Fergus Thomson - Sad to see injuries get the better of him
Rob Verbakel - Replaced by Swinson and McDonald
Federico Aramburu - Actually thought he'd get a 1yr extension
Rob Dewey - Replaced by McGuigan Rolling Eyes
David Lemi - Replaced by DTH coming back
Colin Shaw - Replaced by SLamont

Most being replaced by stronger players which isn't a bad thing.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Colin Shaw had a chance to go for it last Sunday in Treviso but had a very poor game so I reckon that was him. Feel really sad for Fergus Thompson as he was a really class hooker and on the brink of going to NZ with Scotland until injury. Lemi was ok but then they didn't often give him the ball.
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Brendan,
think you've had a few Bushmills too many mate 9 players to leave Glasgow Warriors 4278589029

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Very disappointed to see Fergus Thompson go, and I thought Shaw has had a pretty decent season all in all 9Edinburgh could use a winger as cover), but otherwise all self explanatory.

Forrester just isn't good enough for professional rugby, and personally I think a waste of a slot on the 7's circuit.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down