The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuilagi confirms what we all already knew

+3
Equo Troiano
LondonTiger
nathan
7 posters

Go down

Tuilagi confirms what we all already knew Empty Tuilagi confirms what we all already knew

Post by nathan Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:31 pm

That he's leaving for Japan at the end of the season. Article from the beeb.

Leicester winger Alesana Tuilagi leaving the Tigers, and his younger brother Manu, at the end of the season will be an emotional occasion.
After eight years at Welford Road Alesana is moving to Japan in May to finish his career.

"It's very sad that I'm leaving the club, [and] leaving Manu," Alesana told BBC Radio Leicester. Making the decision was really tough, but it's a good opportunity for me and my family."

Alesana is one of five Tuilagi brothers, also including Andy, Freddie and Henry, to play for the Tigers and he will leave England international Manu as the only family member in the squad.

"I've been here ages," Alesana added. "I'm used to the area and the club, and I feel comfortable playing at Welford Road".

The 31-year-old, who has been capped 26 times by Samoa, enjoyed his best Tigers campaign last season when he finished as the Premiership's top try-scorer with 17 - including a hat-trick against Gloucester.

"I've been thinking about my final game for a long time," he said. "And it's not just about leaving Manu. I've known a few of the boys for a long time. We've been playing together and having fun together for a while, so it's very sad."

Tuilagi's final game at Welford Road, providing Leicester do not secure a home play-off semi-final in the Premiership, will come against old rivals Bath on Saturday, 5 May.

Source: BBC

nathan

Back to top Go down

Tuilagi confirms what we all already knew Empty Re: Tuilagi confirms what we all already knew

Post by LondonTiger Wed 18 Apr 2012, 6:21 pm

For us he has been a great player - though things have not looked quite right this season.

The impact he had on English Rugby was huge - perhaps not in the best way as we pursued monster wingers and the way he caused the careers of Ryan Lamb and anthony allen to stall.

Let's hope we can give him the chance to say goodbye to the fans at Twickenham.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Tuilagi confirms what we all already knew Empty Re: Tuilagi confirms what we all already knew

Post by Equo Troiano Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:41 am

He may not have been the most secure under a high ball, been a defensive liability on occasion and discipline could be an issue.... but the guy is a legend, opposition players genuinely feared him. You always thought that he could wade through a defence whenever he got the ball, always a sense of expectation. A great servant to the club and I will miss him rampaging about, but perhaps it is time for him to move on and give somebody else a chance.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:15 am

He's Tigers biggest asset and at the same time their biggest liability. Capable of flying out the line for the big hit as much as he was capable of flying out the line and missing everything. A great finisher and on his day one of the best wingers going. Be sad to see him go but no one at Leicester could say he doesn't deserve a nice big pay day to end his career. Let's just hope we send him off with a Champions medal around his neck.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:40 am

Will be very sad to see him go, he has been a wonderful player for us and has obviously been a huge influence and help on the rest of his brothers so we have a lot to thank him for but as Sam has said, he deserves this opportunity for himself and his family and everyone will wish him the very best of luck over there. I am just sad I can't be there for his last game at WR but winning the playoffs would be the perfect send off for him and hugely deserved as well.

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:44 am

To be honest he awas one of those players that you love to see playing, unless it is against your side. He really commited to everything, whether it worked out or not. A genuine legend of the game, and probably the best of the whole tribe IMO. All the best for him out in Japan.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:46 am

As far as I'm concerned the Premiership will be a far better place without him! mad

That day at Twickenham started off badly when Bortolami pulled out, then Bucko was injured within 5 minutes and then Tuilagi just destroyed Lamb et al - truly a bl00dy horrible day!!!

But on a serious note, what a player! Every time he gets the ball you just expect something to happen. Whilst I shall very much miss him when watching as a neutral, I shall not miss him playing againt Gloucester and that is intended as a very genuine compliment! I hope he enjoys his pay day, he deserves it clap
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down