The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rumour was true, Henson suspended

+17
RDW
maestegmafia
Knowsit17
PJHolybloke
bsando
Cymroglan
Cari
lostinwales
wales606
Artful_Dodger
gowales
Casartelli
Shifty
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
gelodge
Cardiff Dave
Morgannwg
21 posters

Go down

The rumour was true, Henson suspended Empty The rumour was true, Henson suspended

Post by Morgannwg Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

It was a rumour murmoured by the commentator during Ospreys vs Treviso, but now confrimed by the Cardiff Blues. The incident happened on the plane on the flight back from Glasgow last night.

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/5785.php

Probably drunk and disorderly again (just a guess). Probably harmed his chances of being offered a contract with the Blues.

So on that note, Dragons please sign him up! We need some experience in the 10/12 channel. Perhaps Jones and Robling will pick up some skills from him, as Gav in my opinion is a very gifted player with ball in hand. It's a shame his gifts didn't reach their full potential.

Ale
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

The rumour was true, Henson suspended Empty Re: The rumour was true, Henson suspended

Post by Morgannwg Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

I will update this on Monday when Blues release their statement on the matter.

Latest update: Gav getting slagged off left, right and centre via FaceBook (and perhaps Twitter, but I am not a member of that).

My view is the whole Blues are a mess; the performances of the team, the chairmen and the management. Pointing the finger at a player in the current situation is daft, but given Henson's reputation he will become the scapegoat I bet. Once again, I have no idea what happened; I reckon he perhaps opened his big trap and told the Blues what he thought after that shambles of a display. Now bear in mind he was signed up to be told he would be covering his favoured position of fly-half yet has not had a look-in due to being behind Parks plus Sweeney all season (confused.com). Also, he was not even in the 23 to begin with. Why you would ever leave out a player of Gavins versatility and capability when you have those mentioned players, I really do not know! So well done Gav if you did raise that issue.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

The rumour was true, Henson suspended Empty Re: The rumour was true, Henson suspended

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:27 pm

Morgannwg wrote:

My view is the whole Blues are a mess; the performances of the team, the chairmen and the management.

Shock, horror, probe, hold the front page.
Have been a mess for years.
Some would say more.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:27 pm

Supposedly on the back of complaints from fellow passenger for throwing ice cubes around the cabin of his early morning flight following a night out in Glasgow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9178740/Cardiff-Blues-suspend-Gavin-Henson-with-immediate-effect-following-incident-on-return-flight.html

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 01 Apr 2012, 12:35 am

Wannabe danny care.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:19 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/rugby-union/17575844?SThisFB

Gavin Henson has been suspended by Cardiff Blues over allegations of misbehaviour on a Saturday morning flight from Scotland.
Henson, 30, was a wing replacement in their 31-3 defeat by Glasgow on Friday. The Blues issued a statement confirming Henson's suspension on Saturday night.
It read: "Cardiff Blues can confirm that Gavin Henson has been suspended with immediate effect following an incident on the flight back from Scotland after their match against Glasgow Warriors last night [Friday]."
The Blues management will meet on Monday to "discuss the matter further".
Henson signed an eight-month contract with the Blues in October after French side Toulon opted not to extend his deal with them at the end of last season.
A two-time Grand Slam winner with Wales, Henson has struggled to cement a regular place in club rugby since injuring his ankle in March 2009 and taking 18 months of unpaid leave from Ospreys five months later.
He joined Saracens in October 2010, but played only four games for the Premiership side before asking for his contract to be terminated to allow him to join Toulon.
Henson scored a try in a win over Stade Francais on his debut, and was briefly suspended for a breach of the club's disciplinary code before the punishment was lifted following an internal inquiry.
Since moving back to Wales, he has played eight matches and is yet to score a try.
His last international appearance was in Wales' 19-9 victory over England at the Millennium Stadium in August, but a wrist injury sustained in the game ended his hopes of playing in the World Cup.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:44 am

Henson has been on a downward spiral ever since Scott Gibbs accused him of 'lacking intellect'. That's difficult for anyone to bounce back from.

Rather like being accused of 'lacking pace', by Adam Jones.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 01 Apr 2012, 11:01 am

Morgannwg wrote:I will update this on Monday when Blues release their statement on the matter.

Latest update: Gav getting slagged off left, right and centre via FaceBook (and perhaps Twitter, but I am not a member of that).

My view is the whole Blues are a mess; the performances of the team, the chairmen and the management. Pointing the finger at a player in the current situation is daft, but given Henson's reputation he will become the scapegoat I bet. Once again, I have no idea what happened; I reckon he perhaps opened his big trap and told the Blues what he thought after that shambles of a display. Now bear in mind he was signed up to be told he would be covering his favoured position of fly-half yet has not had a look-in due to being behind Parks plus Sweeney all season (confused.com). Also, he was not even in the 23 to begin with. Why you would ever leave out a player of Gavins versatility and capability when you have those mentioned players, I really do not know! So well done Gav if you did raise that issue.

Why do people go on things like Facebook and Twitter to troll people? Its so bloody sad, don't they have better things to do...

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:32 pm

Suspended for throwing ice cubes? Jeez. No wonder the Blues are where they are when they make such decisions. A fine would have sufficed. Cooper and O'Connor were fined about 2 or 3 years ago by the ARU for a food fight whilst staying at a hotel.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:36 pm

When this guy is an old man he's gonna realize what an absolute idiot he is.

Morgan - think the fact that this was on a plane and members of the public made numerous complaints has probably factored in.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:39 pm

Someone on the Blues forum says he was sacked this morning.

Seems like the management were looking for an excuse if he has been sacked for throwing ice cubes.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:45 pm

Artful, so what? A fine would have done.

The Blues management/coaches are a joke. How did DY ever work under these as he had built up (on sand) a good team at one time. I don't see what point B & B have been trying to prove all season by leaving Henson out of the match day squad when he is good enough to be a first team player, now this backing of him being apparently sacked. All they have done is further harm his rugby career, a career he was trying to rebuild. Sack B & B too I say.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 2:01 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Artful, so what? A fine would have done.

The Blues management/coaches are a joke. How did DY ever work under these as he had built up (on sand) a good team at one time. I don't see what point B & B have been trying to prove all season by leaving Henson out of the match day squad when he is good enough to be a first team player, now this backing of him being apparently sacked. All they have done is further harm his rugby career, a career he was trying to rebuild. Sack B & B too I say.

B&B are hopeless

Especially Baber - the man who thinks Gavin Evans is a better player than Henson. Our backs have been hopeless for 2 seasons, ever since Baber took over as backs coach - and he just got promoted.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 01 Apr 2012, 2:25 pm

Dont get why Gavin Henson the idiot of now is constantly confused with the GH of grand slams past. It may be an excuse but if he is showing real form in training and in attitude I am sure he would be playing more

Given his past record he is obviously under more scrutiny than most - but then he should have the wit to behave himself more in public. As it is this event sounds an awful lot like that incident on the train a few years back

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 01 Apr 2012, 4:00 pm

He's issued the inevitable forced public apology anyway....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17578552

Apparently he was pisssed on the plane. What is it with people and booze? *shakes head* Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 01 Apr 2012, 4:26 pm

I know its a budget airline, but using Henson as a replacement wing?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 01 Apr 2012, 4:37 pm

drumroll

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 01 Apr 2012, 4:52 pm

I have always wondered why they even sell drinks on aircraft. Over the years I have witnessed several incidents involving a passenger or in some cases passengers who have become abusive or even violent due to excessive drinking.
On one flight from Berlin I had to go to the aid of a stewardess who was being physically threatened by a passenger.
If we cant do without a drink for a few hours then we have major problems.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 01 Apr 2012, 5:49 pm

Valid points made on Scrum V just now. The pundits reckon that Henson no longer has the desire to play but he won't come out and say so. It'll be interesting to see who, if any major club signs him next season. He's 30, hasn't played well for four years and comes with a lot of baggage. He's had loads of chances and breaks from various people and just doesn't stick at it. Perhaps he really doesn't want to be in it anymore.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:29 pm

New commentator? Imagine Jiffy and Henson both commentating a match together, I think that would be very entertaining!

As for booze on planes, I've been sat next to lots of drunk people on long haul flights. I remember one flight when I was around 13. Drunk old fella sitting next to me was getting refused anymore alcohol from the stewardess's. Needless to say this bloke wasn't very impressed. I was happy though because he was getting really annoying. So my dad thought it would be funny to order a double scotch and give it to him. It was like giving a naughty kid a big bag of candy, the old fella looked so happy. I definitely wasn't. And I remember the look on the stewardesses face, it was a grotesque look of horror! She was very unimpressed with my dad haha.

Another time on flight from Dubai to London I had a double JD and coke and fell asleep. I woke up with about 2 hours to go and was flicking through inflight movies when I heard a passenger next to me make a sort of happy screech. I looked to my left and dropped my head into my hands. It was my mate I was traveling with and he had consumed around 4 or 5 double JD and cokes and the high altitude had sent him way over. He was eating some sort of cake and had managed to get crumbs everywhere and he was listening to music singing along to some of the lyrics much to passengers amusement and annoyance. I immediately went into "He's not my mate" mode. But eventually some flight attendant clicked on we were traveling together and tried to get me to force some water down his throat. This didn't go down too well. Luckily he passed out till we landed, but his long legs were dangling out in to the middle of the isle so every time the trolley dolly's went past they'd have to wake him up and make him move his legs.

Yeah, so booze on planes is great if you can handle your booze. warning

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:33 pm

Of course the king of long haul flight inebriation is of course, David Boon aka ''Boonie''. 52 cans of beer from Aus to London. notworthy

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:41 pm

I got totally mashed on a flight into Miami in 1987, I couldn't cause much of a fuss though, because I was so far gone I couldn't even tell them who I was, I think it was flight BA7110...

Feck knows who landed it, but I'm a kitchen fitter now. Rolling Eyes
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:55 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:I know its a budget airline, but using Henson as a replacement wing?

laughing No wonder, I'd constantly need a drink in that line of work.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:15 pm

There was once a story of a BA flight from London to NY and the Band Motorhead were in first class. Apparently when ordering pre meal drinks the Bassist/singer Lemmy asked for a Jack Daniels, when the stewardess gave him a miniture he poured it on her head and said he wanted a pint of...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:23 pm

So we are agreed then. It was another stupid decision after many by the Blues to suspend and further hamper the rugby career of a good player. Dragons will ave you Gav.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:33 pm

Morgannwg wrote:So we are agreed then. It was another stupid decision after many by the Blues to suspend and further hamper the rugby career of a good player. Dragons will ave you Gav.

Nah, precedents must be set and players made to pay the consequences for being complete tools. The members of the current Welsh squad have been setting a fine example off the field, which really puts this and past cases of idiocy in perspective. No room for you if you act unreasonably and unprofessionally. Henson embarrasses not only himself but his team with his utterly stupid antics.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:37 pm

Were these two suspended?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-17199835

Nope
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:41 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:

Nah, precedents must be set and players made to pay the consequences for being complete tools. The members of the current Welsh squad have been setting a fine example off the field, which really puts this and past cases of idiocy in perspective. No room for you if you act unreasonably and unprofessionally. Henson embarrasses not only himself but his team with his utterly stupid antics.

Yeah, a fine. Not much in throwing around ice cubes and food in my opinon. This is a lads game afterall...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:48 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:I got totally mashed on a flight into Miami in 1987, I couldn't cause much of a fuss though, because I was so far gone I couldn't even tell them who I was, I think it was flight BA7110...

Feck knows who landed it, but I'm a kitchen fitter now. Rolling Eyes

That post is legend! Laugh
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:05 pm

Henson has a track record though, this isn't his first time being drunk and disorderly. Athletes such as him ought to know how to be more professional and disciplined but Henson is always falling short of this mark. He's such a self-absorbed and unpleasant git I couldn't care less for, the further away from rugby they can push him the better.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

Knowsit, you were just provided with a worse scenario in which the two offenders got off scot free. Just take the anti-orange specs off and realise the Blues management have dented Hensons rugby career the way they have been all season.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:23 pm

Henson is an absolute idiot (would use stronger language but would get in trouble!).

Superb talent in 2005 who could have been a world great if he wasn't such an idiot (again, insert stronger language here!).

Such a waste.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:30 pm

As I just said, Henson has a track record for this kind of thing. As far as I'm aware Sweeney and James don't.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:57 pm

So the letting off of Sweeney and James without suspension or fine, and the coaches part in destorying Hensons attempted rebuild of a rugby career are both okay in your view?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:01 pm

Yes.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:09 pm

Well that says all we need to know then. Feel free to shut the door on your way out pal.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:24 pm

Thanks but it can stay open for now.

I'm not sure I'd have let off Sweeney and James had it been my decision (like all things it depends on circumstance) but either way I don't see their getting off as an excuse for Henson.

Personally I don't know why some people are so eager to forgive him and jump to his defence every time he makes a fool of himself. He's let us down constantly, for me he had his last chance long before Friday's incident. What exactly is it that makes him worth crooning over? Welsh rugby doesn't need him and as I said the further it can distance itself from him the better. The Henson drunken party drama queen saga needs to be put behind us asap. He deserves to sit down and think of how he messed himself up.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 01 Apr 2012, 10:40 pm

I was just pointing out that B and B have always seemed to go out of their way to try and prove Henson is not bigger than the team. Which is fine. But how they have gone about it by leaving him out of the match day squad on occassions, considering him down the pecking order behind Parks Sweeney Hewitt and now suspending and apprently sacking him for throwing ice cubes; well the way they have gone about it is shocking. Poor player management by even worse coaches, especially from someone who said they had signed him as 10 cover then not actually played him there. His off the field antics need to be sorted no doubt about it. I'm not jumping to his defence, the article was to point out the incident and perhaps elaborate on the poor handling of the situation by the Blues. It's a rugby playing career on the line, Gav needed to go to a team who could have gauranteed him some rugby. IMO, it was Toulon and not Blues. Still hoping the Dragons can take him on board and have him in the matchday 22 ahead of the useless Tuilagi.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 01 Apr 2012, 10:48 pm

Having seen the effort that Henson has put in on his apearances for the Blues and now this latest bit of panto,I can certainly say that whilst the Dragons are desperate for some players,we are not that desperate for this sad soandso were he to be available.Noone will touch him with a proverbial.
He may start a double act with Danny Care.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 01 Apr 2012, 10:57 pm

Must have been watching a different player Taff, looked pretty good in his limited chances under the amazing Mr Baber. The transformation in the Blues international players when transitioning back in to Regional duty was there for all to be seen. And bit of panto? The guy threw an ice cube FFS, there was was probably more players involved. I take it you have never been on a rugby trip or tour.

Be a good player for the Dragons to get. He can get some game time in his best positions of 10 and 12, he would certainly be gauranteed that. The young, inexperienced prospects Robling and Jones could learn from him. Move Tuilagi to wing cover then, or drop him. Would give them another goal kicking option aswell.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 01 Apr 2012, 11:23 pm

Morgan,he has been going through the motions,no more.As a Welsh International and a British Lion professional Rugby player his behaviour just is wrong.
As an amateur I have toured.Not sure what your point is?
Drinking booze on a 7.00am flight does not demonstrate a professional ethos.
Henson has been performing at 3/10's of his previous ability and has been taking the mickey.Not sure what the Blues are paying him but whatever it was it wasnt worth it.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:31 pm

Well Henson's been sacked by the Blues
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17575844

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:40 pm

Immediate dismissal. The Blues couldn't wait to get rid of him. If they were as quick to deal with all of their much bigger issues they wouldn't be in the sh*t they are in. Henson performing at 3/10 has created more than the rest of the back line in the brief number of times he has touched the ball. What he did was wrong and if they were this hard on everyone then I'd have no issue. They are a shambles at the moment and unfortunately I can only see it getting worse.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:43 pm

Where next for Henson?????
He wasn't been playing great and has an awlfull lot of baggage now.

Don't think a Ospeys would take him back, Scarlets I'd feel wouldn't want him, (disruptive influence) and don't need him, Blues just sacked him leaving Dragons as the only team that may take him if he harbours any hopes of getting international rugby and hence a chance to be on the Lions tour.

he'll have to take a pay cut and Dragons could get a potentionally great player for cheap (he'll have to accept what they offer, or give up hope of the Lions).

Of the big clubs the Provinces won't want him, the big English and French clubs would be wary after his prevous stints there.

Way I see it if he hopes to play for Lions, he has to accept what Dragons offer, if not they it would have to be Teviso to play with McCaw and Carter.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:52 pm

Kingshu wrote:Where next for Henson?????

Way I see it if he hopes to play for Lions, he has to accept what Dragons offer, if not they it would have to be Teviso to play with McCaw and Carter.

laughing
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

Couple threads up about it: http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/5788.php

Hopefully the coaches are next to go. Remarkable comments made by a Blues fan on Facebook that sums it all up:

"'We have a duty to our supporters and sponsors to protect the good name of Cardiff Blues and those associated with our brand.'

I look forward to the immediate sacking of the coaches as well then, because they've done more damage to this brand than some drunk ever could. Allowing players to go out drinking one WEEK before a vital HC game (and after putting in an appalling performance that very day) is nothing short of scandalous."
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down